Surf Cup – 04s (8/6 – 8/8) – Tech Specs

On the eve of the eve of Surf Cup the 04 age group has never been so stacked. There could be teams that don't advance that if they played there best could of made a run to the finals. Think about only one team advancing from group b or c. Group D maybe Beach or CDA Slammers is eliminated and only one get through. I have an 04 and 05 and haven't seen a more stacked tournament. I'm sure older parents can say they have.

Good luck to all!

I heard that the guest keeper will not be there this weekend.

Good luck to everyone this weekend! I hope everyone takes a minute to stop and enjoy moment, before you know it this will all be gone. Safe travels to all coming from out-of-town.

Surf Cup - Bracket Opening Games (Saturday)

Bracket A

• Legends vs. Real Colorado
What is Real bringing to the table and will they have a viable shot in this group. We'll know first thing in the morning as this game is slated for 7:30.

• Surf vs. Blues - Kale
Will Surf set the tone early and put everyone on notice? Or will Blues Kale help make this anyone's group by bringing down Surf?

Bracket B
  • Solar Chelsea vs. MVLA
A contrast in styles, this game will be very telling in terms of who can impose their game on the other. Both teams are some of the best in their respective styles of play.

• LA Galaxy - SD vs. IE Surf
We all know Galaxy - SD is one of the favorites in this tournament, but what will IE Surf bring to the "Group of Death"?

Bracket C
  • De Anza vs. Real So Cal
Very quick turn around for this rematch, where RSC had plenty of chances to get the game to go their way. This time around they'll be playing with some heavy hearts, it'll either inspire them or throw them off. Having seen the heart this team has, I'm betting on them bringing it. Just not sure it'll be enough against one of the best teams out there.

• Blues - Dido vs. Arsenal
Two of the most storied clubs in SoCal with a little less shine now or days in particular amongst this age group, we'll see if either one reminds us of the teams they once resembled.

Bracket D
  • CDA Slammers - Macias vs. Eagles
Will Eagles frustrate CDA Slammers like they have so many others? Or will Slammers make easy work of Eagles?

• Beach FC - LB vs. Placer United
Beach FC is just starting to come out of the shadows and is on the radar, this is an opportunity for them to spring forward.

Bracket E
  • Strikers OC vs. Surf II
Strikers has been a mystery outside of EGSL, but they certainly turned heads at the Eagles tournament and will look to solidify themselves as the bracket favorites in this first game against a solid Surf squad.

• LA Galaxy - SB vs. Crossfire Premier
Crossfire has a decent shot at making noise in this group, and wil have to take advantage of their first game to do so, it only gets tougher after that.

Good luck to ALL the teams..... especially Real SoCal.

Unfortunate news - Last week My daughter tore the ACL of her left new. Surgery set within the week. Out for 9-12 months. She'll be looking forward to competing next year at this same tournament.

Freak accident. Bad luck. She insisted on going down to the tournament to support her team. If you see her out there, some kind words would be appreciated.

Be safe out there.

Unfortunate news - Last week My daughter tore the ACL of her left new. Surgery set within the week. Out for 9-12 months. She'll be looking forward to competing next year at this same tournament.

Freak accident. Bad luck. She insisted on going down to the tournament to support her team. If you see her out there, some kind words would be appreciated.

Be safe out there.

Very sad news. I wish her a speedy recovery.

Soccer18 best of luck on your dd's recovery. We also lost a player at last week"s tournament and she is in a cast for a month.

Be safe out there.

Such terrible news, so sorry! Wishing her a speedy recovery and know she will be back stronger than ever!

Be safe out there.

If I read between the lines just to be fair I don't think the read on our style of play is accurate

• Solar Chelsea vs. MVLA
A contrast in styles, this game will be very telling in terms of who can impose their game on the other. Both teams are some of the best in their respective styles of play.

Good luck to everyone and I wish all the girls have a safe and enjoyable weekend

If I read between the lines just to be fair I don't think the read on our style of play is accurate

• Solar Chelsea vs. MVLA

Good luck to everyone and I wish all the girls have a safe and enjoyable weekend

That's funny because Tech never said what the style of play was. But I guess you're right, we all know what he meant. MVLA plays nice soccer.

Be safe out there.

So sorry Ray. My DD got choked up when she heard the news. Say hi to me at the scoreboard when you come in.

Back