Summer Tournaments

At 9 v 9, final scores will not be as reflective to a teams ability. The same size fields as 7 v 7 but adding 4 more players to the field. I've seen teams pack in all 9 players in the box, and final scores are 1-0. Also, I believe that a lot of mistakes by players are covered up by having 4 more players. Lastly, having goalies punting the ball to the opponents box creates chaos, and doesn't reflect soccer.
9v9 is played on a larger field than 7v7 so the two extra players shouldn't make the game more congested. I believe there is a new rule this year that if the goalie punts the past midfield in the air it is an indirect kick for the other team.

9v9 is played on a larger field than 7v7 so the two extra players shouldn't make the game more congested. I believe there is a new rule this year that if the goalie punts the past midfield in the air it is an indirect kick for the other team.

Where did you hear such an obscure rule come from? I know all the fifa changes and those rules being implemented but with fifa not playing 9v9 where is this coming down from ? Us soccer? Have never heard such a thing.

Where did you hear such an obscure rule come from? I know all the fifa changes and those rules being implemented but with fifa not playing 9v9 where is this coming down from ? Us soccer? Have never heard such a thing.
It was either in the laws of the game 2019/20 update or it was for an upcoming tournament for one of my teams. I believe is was the tourney's rule because I was looking to see if they would be going with the new goal kick procedure where the ball is live immediately and doesn't have to leave the box.

Back