Summer camp feedback

soloyosh

SILVER
My boy plays U11 at an above average rec level. However, recently he’s been going to his brother’s practices and doing ball work on his own from some YouTube videos he’s found.

His brother went to camp at this age and we were going to look at sending him. One of his school friends plays on a club team and they’re looking at the Barcelona camp in San Diego at 4S or the overnight camp at One Soccer in Carpenteria.

Any feedback on these?

Any others you’d suggest?

Thank you
Brett

My son went to One regidential camp when he was 11, and he enjoyed it a lot. The coaching staff was great, the facility was beautiful, and food was good (many healthy choices). They do laundries every night so it’s awesome. lol

As for the training, if your son is a recreational player, he might be overwhelmed by it because he will be training all day. Each training session is not that intense, but they train all day...starting around 7:00am and ends around 9:00pm. They do all kinds of things...skills, offensive/defensive tactics, finishing, small sided games, soccer volley, yoga, foam rolling/stretch, etc. One of the coaches when my son went was a professional street soccer player, and they played street soccer, too.

Overall, we had a very positive experience with One camp, and my son said he’d like to go again. If you have any specific question about One camp, just ask me.

My son went to One regidential camp when he was 11, and he enjoyed it a lot. The coaching staff was great, the facility was beautiful, and food was good (many healthy choices). They do laundries every night so it’s awesome. lol

As for the training, if your son is a recreational player, he might be overwhelmed by it because he will be training all day. Each training session is not that intense, but they train all day...starting around 7:00am and ends around 9:00pm. They do all kinds of things...skills, offensive/defensive tactics, finishing, small sided games, soccer volley, yoga, foam rolling/stretch, etc. One of the coaches when my son went was a professional street soccer player, and they played street soccer, too.

Overall, we had a very positive experience with One camp, and my son said he’d like to go again. If you have any specific question about One camp, just ask me.
How is One Camp for girls? I have a U11 daughter who plays club.

How is One Camp for girls? I have a U11 daughter who plays club.

I was surprised to see so many girls at the camp. There were female coaches, too, and all the coaches were very professional. The camp site, Cate school has a beautiful campus with very nice fields. The dorm rooms were very clean and nice, too.

One thing I liked about One soccer was that whenever I had a question before and during the camp, I could always email/text them and they always responded promptly.

Your dsughter would enjoy it if she likes to play soccer ALL DAY LONG!

Back