Strikers at U13 Nationals in Dallas

SCpartacus

BRONZE
Strikers arrived in Dallas yesterday.

Today the team will be attending a lunch for the players where the team will be introduced. The team will play Syracause PDA from Region I on Tuesday morning at 7:30 Dallas time (5:30 here), then Wednesday against Michigan at 11:30 Dallas time and CASL from North Carolina on Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m.

The highest two point totals will play again in the championship game on Saturday night at 7:30.

Link to watch games is: http://championships.usyouthsoccer.org/live

Strikers were up 2-0 before video replay cut out, first goal at around 13:20 in the video, a nice shot outside the box to upper 90.

Great job Strikes! You're representing CalSouth well!

I wonder what the strategy will be for tomorrow. Both teams are already in the Final for Saturday, so tomorrow's game is meaningless from a results standpoint. Do you play subs more to rest players and put players in different positions, so the other team can't measure you up. The problem with doing that though is that you can disrupt your flow by playing too drastically different. But it's probably a good idea to make sure key players are rested up for Saturday.

It'll be interesting hear what Strikers end up doing tomorrow.

Strikers won 2-0 today.

Both teams had a number of starters on the bench for most/all of the game.

CASL looks well coached and connects/possesses well, but the Strikers defense has been pretty stingy for awhile now, so it will be interesting to see if CASL's big forward can pose a threat on Saturday.

I see Simone renamed herself dog.

Bad dog. Bad dog.

CASL was good as advertised. They had two high impact players and a very good defense that impressed us all. Very even game overall. Two bad breaks on offside calls were the biggest difference as their second goal was started by a player two yards offside, but to their credit they finished when the flag stayed down, and an offside call on strikers which negated an equalizer. (It wasn't offside as we had a parent who filmed it).

I had no problem losing to CASL straight up, as I realistically think that we would split a 10 game series evenly, but those are the breaks of a one game championship.

Fun run overall. Onto academy.

I see Simone renamed herself dog.

Bad dog. Bad dog.

CASL was good as advertised. They had two high impact players and a very good defense that impressed us all. Very even game overall. Two bad breaks on offside calls were the biggest difference as their second goal was started by a player two yards offside, but to their credit they finished when the flag stayed down, and an offside call on strikers which negated an equalizer. (It wasn't offside as we had a parent who filmed it).

I had no problem losing to CASL straight up, as I realistically think that we would split a 10 game series evenly, but those are the breaks of a one game championship.

Fun run overall. Onto academy.
Let me agree with Dog. I saw some of that game online. That was sloppy and brutish. Not real football.

Back