Stop the "Guesting down" nonsense

that is correct but there is an easy way around it (that is used frequently). Roster your higher level players to the lower level team official roster; then they can play up every week for the higher level team and on occasion when the lower level team need or want them, they are effectively not playing 'down'.

While this is technically true, I'd venture to say that the guesting-down issue in CSL is probably 1/1000th of what it currently is in SCDSL. Particularly because the up/down guest option was one of the staple ideas at the base of the foundation of SCDSL. It is clearly a rule designed by and for big Clubs with multiple teams for each age group as well as multiple franchises.

CLUB PASS RULES – Presidio Soccer and SDDA Leagues

(Updated 20190904)
1. A player must be Club Passed by midnight the Wednesday prior to the game.
2. A player can play as a Club Pass player with the Club Pass Team on either Saturday or
Sunday and play the other day with his original team. Player cannot play on both teams on
the same day.
3. Players can be Club Passed in both Presidio circuits and SDDA Flights.
4. Limit of three (3) players to be Club Passed to the same team on each weekend of play.
5. Limit of three (3) times each individual player can be Club Passed during seasonal play.
6. Club Pass movement can only be an UPWARD MOVEMENT. (As Defined Below)
Presidio Circuits:

• Presidio Lower Circuit to Higher Presidio Circuit or to any SDDA Flight.
• AA-C to AA-B, to AA-A to AAA, or to any SDDA Flight
• AA-B to AA-A, to AAA, or to any SDDA Flight
• AA-A to AAA, or to any SDDA Flight
• AAA to any SDDA Flight
• Younger age Circuit to any level Presidio or SDDA Older age Circuit (Playing Up)
• Not allowed – Presidio Circuit to same Presidio Circuit (Same Level Movement or
Lower)

SDDA Flights:
• SDDA Flight 2 to Flight 1
• Flight 2 Gold to Flight 1
• Flight 2 Blue to Flight 1 or Flight 2 Gold
• SDDA Younger age Flight to SDDA older age Flight. (Playing Up)
• Not allowed – SDDA Flight to same SDDA Flight (Same Level Movement or Lower)
• Not Allowed – SDDA teams to any Presidio teams even in higher age brackets

Just look at the bracket standings so far. nothing makes sense for most of them. for instance, in my DD team bracket how does the last- place team tie or beat the first-place team and outplay them .last-place team is 0-7 with only 2 Goals for. first place team is 7-0 with 28 Goals for. yep they tied. just makes you say Hmm?

CLUB PASS RULES – Presidio Soccer and SDDA Leagues

(Updated 20190904)
1. A player must be Club Passed by midnight the Wednesday prior to the game.
2. A player can play as a Club Pass player with the Club Pass Team on either Saturday or
Sunday and play the other day with his original team. Player cannot play on both teams on
the same day.
3. Players can be Club Passed in both Presidio circuits and SDDA Flights.
4. Limit of three (3) players to be Club Passed to the same team on each weekend of play.
5. Limit of three (3) times each individual player can be Club Passed during seasonal play.
6. Club Pass movement can only be an UPWARD MOVEMENT. (As Defined Below)
Presidio Circuits:

• Presidio Lower Circuit to Higher Presidio Circuit or to any SDDA Flight.
• AA-C to AA-B, to AA-A to AAA, or to any SDDA Flight
• AA-B to AA-A, to AAA, or to any SDDA Flight
• AA-A to AAA, or to any SDDA Flight
• AAA to any SDDA Flight
• Younger age Circuit to any level Presidio or SDDA Older age Circuit (Playing Up)
• Not allowed – Presidio Circuit to same Presidio Circuit (Same Level Movement or
Lower)

SDDA Flights:
• SDDA Flight 2 to Flight 1
• Flight 2 Gold to Flight 1
• Flight 2 Blue to Flight 1 or Flight 2 Gold
• SDDA Younger age Flight to SDDA older age Flight. (Playing Up)
• Not allowed – SDDA Flight to same SDDA Flight (Same Level Movement or Lower)
• Not Allowed – SDDA teams to any Presidio teams even in higher age brackets

I like that presidio policy.
But can someone please explain how they name their brackets? SDDA, Presidio, Aa-A

Why is there a separate presidio and SDDA Group? Why not just make it one league with various levels?

Why is there a separate presidio and SDDA Group? Why not just make it one league with various levels?

Because SDDA is a development league, so it's way different than regular Presidio :D. Basically it was a marketing response to other "development" leagues like SCDSL and DA. SDDA even has its own website to explaining how different it is and why its all about development...oops, no, looks like its website is gone now.

https://www.soccertoday.com/presidio-soccer-league-and-sdda/

But can someone please explain how they name their brackets? SDDA, Presidio, Aa-A

SDDA was Presidio's response to the formation of SCDSL. It is basically just the higher levels of Presidio. Levels go something like this:
SDDA-1, SDDA-2 Gold, SDDA-2 Blue, AAA, AA-A, AA-B, AA-C.

So SDDA is higher competition than Presidio?
Do teams try to get promoted from one to the other?
Is there a difference in cost to play in SDDA vs Presidio?
Does one require more travel?

And why did they feel the need to "respond" to SCDSL? Maybe when SCDSL was first "invented", it sounded like a great idea. I'd say that the league now is not what any other league should be trying to emulate.

It is one league with various levels. Instead of calling it Discovery, Champions or Europa, it's SDDA 1 and 2. Then flight 3 starts in Presidio. 2010 and younger all start in Presidio naming convention. The naming conventions for all the leagues are a little strange bc they're afraid to hurt parents' feelings or pride (not sure the kids are). Everything has to seem like it's at the highest level or close to it. We've sat thru enough sidelines to learn that it really matters to parents. Leagues and DOCs are just trying to please parents in order to continue receiving their checks. If you create enough confusion through the naming convention, no one will know which is the highest and the lowest flight. DA, ECNL, ECRL, DPL, NPL, NPL West, and a few more that I don't know, they do it with the leagues too.

And why did they feel the need to "respond" to SCDSL? Maybe when SCDSL was first "invented", it sounded like a great idea. I'd say that the league now is not what any other league should be trying to emulate.
Originally SCDSL was created to accommodate big clubs who wanted to have more than 3 teams per age group and get away from promotion/relegation model.

Originally SCDSL was created to accommodate big clubs who wanted to have more than 3 teams per age group and get away from promotion/relegation model.
Yep. But that was before Girls DA, ECNL2, and DPL came on the scene. Now those "big clubs" have moved their top teams away from the league that they created.

Presidio circuits still adhere, at least in principle, to the older promotion/relegation rules. Back in the day, Premier was the top Presidio level, and usually the bottom two teams would drop down to AAA and the top 2 AAA teams would be promoted to Premier after every playing season. Below those were AA-A, AA-B, and AA-C. There was also an A circuit, composed of older rec teams on a county-wide basis since most clubs couldn't field enough rec teams after about age 13 to make up a playing circuit.

After observing the launch of SCSDSL in revolt against CSL's rigid rules, Presidio clubs created SDDA to operate in a similar way, absorbing the old Premier level into it, and allowing coaches and DOCs to decide at which level each of their teams would compete.

Also remember that Coast Soccer League threaten to kick out any club that did not play their top teams in the league. That was during the DA and ECNL were forming.

SDDA really is just the top divisions of Presidio. As far as I can tell, it’s just one big league. Both are (I think) all of San Diego County. I don’t think the cost is different (although for some reason I don’t understand, SDDA teams play a 10 game season and Presidio teams play 12). Roughly teams do get promoted/relegated between all the levels from year to year, although it’s not a strict system and I think coaches/clubs can request a certain placement. At the older ages (once DA/ECNL kicks in), the top flights (SDDA) are really more like 2nd & 3rd flights, depending on where a particular club’s top team is playing.

I don't think you are allowed to be on more than one roster for State Cup. Maybe there is a way around it since usually Governor's starts before President's and National rolls out later??
If a player is on a higher team and that team decides not to play state cup, then that player(or players) ends up on another roster, possibly at a lower level. I'd prefer the same rosters from the same team be the ones that compete at State or National level.

The Rebels G02/01 SCDSL teams have to be one of the worst offenders at this "guesting down" phenomenon. They've got a great Discovery team. 6-0 so far with a +21 goal differential. Good for them. But field players, by rule, cannot play two SCDSL games in the same day. On days when the Rebels' Europa team's games have conflicted with the Discovery games, the Europa team is 0-2 with a minus 5 goal differential (both shutouts). For the 5 other games that didn't conflict the "Europa" team is 5-0 with a plus 20 goal differential.

It seems the Rebels are basically playing the same good team at two different competition levels this season. And it's not a coincidence or a matter of their opponents. For one match, held on a day that conflicted with Discovery, the Rebels lost to a Europa team 0-2. They then beat that same exact Europa team 8-0 when they played later in the season on a non-conflict day.

It all seems kinda pointless because, by rule, they won't be able to use their Discovery players for the playoffs. Perhaps they are trying to make their club look stronger and deeper than they are, but everyone I've talked to about this situation is just embarrassed for them and their players.

The Rebels G02/01 SCDSL teams have to be one of the worst offenders at this "guesting down" phenomenon. They've got a great Discovery team. 6-0 so far with a +21 goal differential. Good for them. But field players, by rule, cannot play two SCDSL games in the same day. On days when the Rebels' Europa team's games have conflicted with the Discovery games, the Europa team is 0-2 with a minus 5 goal differential (both shutouts). For the 5 other games that didn't conflict the "Europa" team is 5-0 with a plus 20 goal differential.

It seems the Rebels are basically playing the same good team at two different competition levels this season. And it's not a coincidence or a matter of their opponents. For one match, held on a day that conflicted with Discovery, the Rebels lost to a Europa team 0-2. They then beat that same exact Europa team 8-0 when they played later in the season on a non-conflict day.

It all seems kinda pointless because, by rule, they won't be able to use their Discovery players for the playoffs. Perhaps they are trying to make their club look stronger and deeper than they are, but everyone I've talked to about this situation is just embarrassed for them and their players.
Surf B03 discovery did the same thing last year. Difference being that neither team was any good.

My kids both have guested down, but I always check to make sure that if we go the bench is still low. so for an 11v11 game we would not go if my DD was the 15th player (with 2 keepers) or 14. For 9v9 its us becoming the 11th player, if we would be number 12 its not fair to go play unless its to be the goalie. Last week we guested down and the team played with no subs. This is where guesting down is helpful.

Back