Something going on with DPL

tjinaz

GOLD
Big announcement on April 2. Think GA and DPL will formally announce merger with potential relegation.

That would of made so much sense, to bad.
It all depends on your perspective regarding making sense.

From a parent looking to have their kid play at the highest level of competition it makes no sense.

From a club owner who wants to provide multiple carrots at the end of a stick to engage players and provide a way to get the most amount of paying players it completely makes sense.

It all depends on your perspective regarding making sense.

From a parent looking to have their kid play at the highest level of competition it makes no sense.

From a club owner who wants to provide multiple carrots at the end of a stick to engage players and provide a way to get the most amount of paying players it completely makes sense.
The only reason DPL was invented in the first place was to keep non GDA players and the girls who wanted to play public high school soccer away from ECNL. The real truth is these top clubs like Surf did not want their paying customers jumping over to ECNL with their check book, so that's why they did DPL.

The only reason DPL was invented in the first place was to keep non GDA players and the girls who wanted to play public high school soccer away from ECNL. The real truth is these top clubs like Surf did not want their paying customers jumping over to ECNL with their check book, so that's why they did DPL.
I thought surf cup sports owned ecnl? That’s what we were told during the LA Surf merged / initiation in 2019 by the DOC and SD Surf officials at the time who were talking to the Pomona parents at the merger announcement meeting.

I thought surf cup sports owned ecnl? That’s what we were told during the LA Surf merged / initiation in 2019 by the DOC and SD Surf officials at the time who were talking to the Pomona parents at the merger announcement meeting.
Not sure about that, but Surf owns youth soccer and are #1 in the country. My dd wanted to play high school soccer so she took a pass on the GDA before the second year of that now failed league. Surf had ECNL and GDA and were told by ECNL to make a choice of either or. After a long night, Surf chose GDA and ECNL booted them out of the league. That right there tells me they didn't own ECNL at that time. In two days, I was sold ECNL and to sign up or lose the spot. The next day Surf sold me DPL. I was like, "what's DPL." They said it's a new league to help develop players for the GDA. It was a crock of lies. They lost so many players but were able to go National with franchises and find new parents to pay for DPL.

Big announcement on April 2. Think GA and DPL will formally announce merger with potential relegation.
So to clarify.. the big announcement was the partnership between EA and DPL. So boys and girls leagues doing same events. Sorta makes sense as the clubs that have one likely can have the other. Larger events is larger scale and potentially more savings but not sure who would get them

Correct, GA Southwest added Liverpool and also City SC received a 2nd GA team.
With the Carlsbad loyalty to GA, that is much deserved. Q bro. How come Carlsbad get's snubbed from ECNL? When my dd started balling, Carlsbad Lightning (I assume this is the same group) was one of the tough teams to beat with the young ages, before U14 and chaos. Then a few of their top player got poached by Surf. Does that have anything to do with it? Surf, Sharks, Lightning and Rebels should be playing each other and maybe a few others and the winner can drive up to OC and take on the top OC team. Also, bring LA and IE's top team to the Great Park for the other Semi. These leagues are killing competition and causing so much division. It's truly hurting competition.

With the Carlsbad loyalty to GA, that is much deserved. Q bro. How come Carlsbad get's snubbed from ECNL? When my dd started balling, Carlsbad Lightning (I assume this is the same group) was one of the tough teams to beat with the young ages, before U14 and chaos. Then a few of their top player got poached by Surf. Does that have anything to do with it? Surf, Sharks, Lightning and Rebels should be playing each other and maybe a few others and the winner can drive up to OC and take on the top OC team. Also, bring LA and IE's top team to the Great Park for the other Semi. These leagues are killing competition and causing so much division. It's truly hurting competition.
I don't really know why CitySC, LA Galaxy San Diego, Carlsbad United, Carlsbad lightning, Carlsbad Wave, have stayed away from ECNL.

The club owners are European (English) maybe they believe more in a single governing body for soccer vs a private entity that controls clubs and leagues.

I don't really know why CitySC, LA Galaxy San Diego, Carlsbad United, Carlsbad lightning, Carlsbad Wave, have stayed away from ECNL.

The club owners are European (English) maybe they believe more in a single governing body for soccer vs a private entity that controls clubs and leagues.
Have they ever applied for membership that you know of? That area produces really good talent. Weather is freaking amazing for soccer.

Back