Soccer Machines for first touch and shooting?

Soccermaverick

SILVER ELITE
What are your opinions on these? Just wondering.. With distancing being the norm for a while do these help?

www.powapass.com

I can vouch for the 2nd Gen TOCA touch trainer, pricey but if you can find a used to save some they do work really well.

The power pass is lot less expense but with only what 5 balls think the limited capacity would be the big draw back. 5 balls not really enough before it needs refill.

They are cool and if it gets your kid out to play more on his own- it’s worth it.

But a ball, a wall and a portable net will also work.
Agree. There is also juggling. Once your player can get over 100 touches, have them juggle with just one foot, and then just the other foot. Once they are good at that, have them juggle while walking, then they can try while running. Green mangoes are for power, ripe mangoes are for finesse.

They are cool and if it gets your kid out to play more on his own- it’s worth it.

But a ball, a wall and a portable net will also work.
Agree with "Buck" - there was a time years ago when I thought about getting one of these machines for my 3 kids to use together. I ended up not buying one and glad I didn't. There's something to just letting your kid motivate themselves to go outside and kick the ball off the house or the roof or a wall at the neighborhood park or come up with some way themselves to do things with the ball. 2-4 controlled team practices per week, and another session controlled by a private coach, leaves little time for the kids to find freedom to do what they want to do with the ball. All my kids are teens now and their fondest memories are playing 1v1 or 2v2 in the yard/street -- unstructured, just having fun, and playing dumb games they made up like playing "horse" with a soccer ball and a basketball hoop.

Back