Soccer Development in the US

I guess when the Surf organization (ECNL) decided to interfere with the USYS National Championship by scheduling Surf Cup on the same weekend, that was OK?

Come on Cali. Surf Cup has always been the same weekend. They added additional teams which caused them to have to split it into two separate tournaments. Nice try though. You really need to have been around prior to ECNL to understand a lot of the underlying issues. You are posting like a newbie. Talk to some Legends parents from older teams they might be able to school you on some facts that you are simply getting wrong. Don't Trump this and just shoot from the hip making crap up.

Come on Cali. Surf Cup has always been the same weekend. They added additional teams which caused them to have to split it into two separate tournaments. Nice try though. You really need to have been around prior to ECNL to understand a lot of the underlying issues. You are posting like a newbie. Talk to some Legends parents from older teams they might be able to school you on some facts that you are simply getting wrong. Don't Trump this and just shoot from the hip making crap up.
actually, you're both right... sort of. They did split into 2 weekends, but a few years ago, they switched the youngers and olders weekends. But, not for the reasons Captain Cali claims. Colleges asked them to switch the weekends because they were holding their college camps then. Surf accommodated the college coaches... I know that doesn't fit Cali's narrative, but that's why they moved.

actually, you're both right... sort of. They did split into 2 weekends, but a few years ago, they switched the youngers and olders weekends. But, not for the reasons Captain Cali claims. Colleges asked them to switch the weekends because they were holding their college camps then. Surf accommodated the college coaches... I know that doesn't fit Cali's narrative, but that's why they moved.

Thank you sir. That definitely doesn't fit the narrative of the Evil Surf empire trying to punish USYS for something.

Back