SoCal Elite - exit stage left

I'd assume that any club in SoCal that also has teams in the letter leagues can have tryouts for those letter teams outside any SoCal windows and can sign any SoCal player any time they want (to the letter leagues). The SoCal players in turn can dump a SoCal team and move to a letter team any time they want and ignore any of the existing transfer constraints up to and including being of good standing and/or getting DOC sign off

The premise that all clubs are in the same doesn't seem to be correct, to me, as a lot of those clubs have plenty of toes in other leagues and can have tryouts and recruit outside any SoCal windows for those leagues.

Each league has its own sacrosanct transfer policy, seemingly oblivious to the fact that they are not the only show in town. Any player, it seems to me, can move between leagues, ignoring those policies (& club colluding or driving this) providing the registering entity (that the player is registered with) doesn't conflict - or even if it does!
I have a question for @Grace T. Let's say you learned from past experience not to pay in full and do monthly payments instead, to make sure coach honors his side of the agreement. Let's say this particular coach turns out to be a big fat liar, manipulator and just mean and did not honor his side of the deal and you want to pull your child midway. The question is: I guess I have unpaid bill and no league will take dead beat father for not paying his bills before he takes off, so the question is: what are my remedies?

I'd assume that any club in SoCal that also has teams in the letter leagues can have tryouts for those letter teams outside any SoCal windows and can sign any SoCal player any time they want (to the letter leagues). The SoCal players in turn can dump a SoCal team and move to a letter team any time they want and ignore any of the existing transfer constraints up to and including being of good standing and/or getting DOC sign off

The premise that all clubs are in the same doesn't seem to be correct, to me, as a lot of those clubs have plenty of toes in other leagues and can have tryouts and recruit outside any SoCal windows for those leagues.

Each league has its own sacrosanct transfer policy, seemingly oblivious to the fact that they are not the only show in town. Any player, it seems to me, can move between leagues, ignoring those policies (& club colluding or driving this) providing the registering entity (that the player is registered with) doesn't conflict - or even if it does!
Yeah which is why I wondered previously if one way clubs get around the rule is by advertising tryouts for the letter leagues and then sending kids down for SoCal that don’t make the cut (“next year they’ll move up for sure if they can prove themselves”). But in any case SoCal transfer rules do put a restraint on transfers to those teams which are also members of SoCal league…it does require the former club to be paid in full. But again that’s primarily a consumer complaint outside my wheelhouse not a claim SoCal elite (which has its own letter league and runs letter league tryouts) can bring.
I have a question for @Grace T. Let's say you learned from past experience not to pay in full and do monthly payments instead, to make sure coach honors his side of the agreement. Let's say this particular coach turns out to be a big fat liar, manipulator and just mean and did not honor his side of the deal and you want to pull your child midway. The question is: I guess I have unpaid bill and no league will take dead beat father for not paying his bills before he takes off, so the question is: what are my remedies?
ooff thats a complicated one way outside my wheel house. A lot depends on what the contract says, what the cancelation policy is, what the collection policy of the club is and what the coach did wrong. The answer is very different if say the coach sexually harassed your dd v the coach didn’t give my dd the playtime she deserved.

The answer is very different if say the coach sexually harassed your dd v the coach didn’t give my dd the playtime she deserved.
I hear ya and see your point that their can be extreme reasons why a player would want to look for greener pasture. Let's take "Play Time" for $500 Grace T. "I want to leave because no playtime, even though I paid to have my dd play." Sounds like sour grapes on the service, right? Let's dig a little. What if coach verbally promised play time and to be starter if you pay in full right now and sign (spots are filling up, I have only 2 spots left and I'm only taking 18), ((lied & actually took 20 for extra $$$$)) but later, after you pay in full, coach adds extra privates to the mix to secure and guarantee not only play time, but his recommendations to any U of your choosing, as long as it's not UCLA.

I hear ya and see your point that their can be extreme reasons why a player would want to look for greener pasture. Let's take "Play Time" for $500 Grace T. "I want to leave because no playtime, even though I paid to have my dd play." Sounds like sour grapes on the service, right? Let's dig a little. What if coach verbally promised play time and to be starter if you pay in full right now and sign (spots are filling up, I have only 2 spots left and I'm only taking 18), ((lied & actually took 20 for extra $$$$)) but later, after you pay in full, coach adds extra privates to the mix to secure and guarantee not only play time, but his recommendations to any U of your choosing, as long as it's not UCLA.

The law on oral contracts and when they can modify written contracts is complicated and very fact specific such as what does the written contract says. They spend an entire month on first year contracts on this point. You'd have to consult an individual attorney to review the specific situation and facts on a case by case basis.

There is an old saying, though, I'd share with you: "If it isn't in writing, it's not worth the paper it's written on."

Also bear in mind just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it's "moral" or "ethical".

Socal league rule says a player is free to leave a club before July 1, club fee paid in full or not doesn't matter. You will be able to get your player card transfer to the new club.

Most payment plan (from 4 clubs that I have received offer from) is structured so you paid off annual fee in 6 months. Contract starts in March so if you pull your kid in September you have to fight for a refund from the club. Almost impossible I think. Maybe better luck calling the credit card for fraudulent charges.

In November, Liverpool advertised a rec program/tournament that you have to tryout to be on the team. I thought that was a creative way to cheat the system. I don't see them get in trouble for that.

In November, Liverpool advertised a rec program/tournament that you have to tryout to be on the team. I thought that was a creative way to cheat the system. I don't see them get in trouble for that.
But it's hard to pin them down on that. They've always had a rec program and it's not their job to check and make sure everyone that shows up isn't already on a club team.

SoCal elite has been gunning and seemed likely to secure admittance into ea1 up from ea2. They’ve also been lobbying to get a mls next spot. Their younger program is in full recruitment mode right now and the success of some of the other teams seems to be bringing people out. They’ve gone quite a long way from being a disorganized shell of separate teams and getting coordinated such as in play philosophy and keeper training. If true getting kicked out of SoCal (particularly after a team won the national championship) would be a huge blow to that effort. You better have the goods though because if it’s untrue such a rumor might do damage to a lot of teams right now. They are on track to be one of the next big things if they can keep the success and recruitment going and are fierce competition for players with some other solid clubs nearby.
You know the reasons by now.

Maybe this is how CSL makes a comeback??? SoCal Elite teams seem to be pretty strong and CSL is practically devoid of strong teams
CSL is not going to make a comeback unless one of the Big 10 in SoCal get angry with SOCAL and move to the CSL. Unlikely the next 5 years...unless....

...the transparency issues inside SOCAL's budget comes out clean and trouble free. I am not ready to offer a whisper on this, but it is coming.

That's a garden variety rec All-Star program and has nothing to do with SOCAL's policies. In fact, rec players can be signed 365 days/year. No restrictions.

Here’s what a 17200 claim would look like for example. Disclaimer: this is all fan fiction as we don’t know the circumstances which led up to this. Hypothetically let’s say the SoCal board is controlled by several large clubs that the evidence shows have become annoyed at the success SoCal elite is having and got together to think of ways to derail SoCal elite from getting ea1 promotion or acceptance to the mls. While the mls has been schmoozed by SoCal elite, they are secretly doing the same but bad mouthing them. They hatch this scheme to force out SoCal elite even though they themselves have been caught and warned numerous times about their own try out violations. Their vote to kick out SoCal elite was motivated not by a blatant and repeated violation of the rules by SoCal elite (which hypothetically the other clubs are doing too) but by the desire to eliminate competition. Would be helpful if a direct competitor like golden state was a conspirator. Again all fan fiction and have no reason to suspect that’s true, but that’s what a 17200 would look like.

Sometimes fiction is born in truth. I know the full story, but it isn't that interesting anymore. I'll only leave this teaser out there:

Legends Temecula Valley and Albion Temecula merged to create Empire Surf just a few short months ago. There was a much deeper reason for this frantic and rushed merger. The merger made a laughing stock of both the old local Legends FC franchise, the old Hawks (which made up 75% of Legends TV), and Albion Temecula. Who was the main antagonist forcing this useless merger? What happened locally to drive this merger?

SoCal Elite is kicked out of SOCAL for a variety of reasons - none of those mentioned alone would warrant this expulsion. What else was there? The fact that SoCal Elite lost their 501c3 status? Not really. There was another issue, and this one was directly involving the same antagonist who forced the merger of the small and fading Temecula Valley clubs.

There. That's all for now. And, I am a journalist - not a gossiper. I only offer whispers when I can back them up.

Sometimes fiction is born in truth. I know the full story, but it isn't that interesting anymore. I'll only leave this teaser out there:

Legends Temecula Valley and Albion Temecula merged to create Empire Surf just a few short months ago. There was a much deeper reason for this frantic and rushed merger. The merger made a laughing stock of both the old local Legends FC franchise, the old Hawks (which made up 75% of Legends TV), and Albion Temecula. Who was the main antagonist forcing this useless merger? What happened locally to drive this merger?

SoCal Elite is kicked out of SOCAL for a variety of reasons - none of those mentioned alone would warrant this expulsion. What else was there? The fact that SoCal Elite lost their 501c3 status? Not really. There was another issue, and this one was directly involving the same antagonist who forced the merger of the small and fading Temecula Valley clubs.

There. That's all for now. And, I am a journalist - not a gossiper. I only offer whispers when I can back them up.
When is that going to happen?

Back