SoCal Elite - exit stage left

Sometimes fiction is born in truth. I know the full story, but it isn't that interesting anymore. I'll only leave this teaser out there:

Legends Temecula Valley and Albion Temecula merged to create Empire Surf just a few short months ago. There was a much deeper reason for this frantic and rushed merger. The merger made a laughing stock of both the old local Legends FC franchise, the old Hawks (which made up 75% of Legends TV), and Albion Temecula. Who was the main antagonist forcing this useless merger? What happened locally to drive this merger?

SoCal Elite is kicked out of SOCAL for a variety of reasons - none of those mentioned alone would warrant this expulsion. What else was there? The fact that SoCal Elite lost their 501c3 status? Not really. There was another issue, and this one was directly involving the same antagonist who forced the merger of the small and fading Temecula Valley clubs.

There. That's all for now. And, I am a journalist - not a gossiper. I only offer whispers when I can back them up.

I would like to hear more on this if you care to share Action Jackson. What is the other issue? I am local in Temecula and don’t really get why the merger.

Sporting California and Eagles are both in Ventura, Coast (at least they were fall season). So the SoCal League rules wouldn't apply to them. TFA seems to be the affiliates....don't know about them.
The Eagles teams in those age groups didn't play in SoCal this season. They don't have to follow SoCal rules.

Legends didnt really provide enough to the Temecula teams to be competitive. No big name league access for the olders. When the hawks joined Legends, Murrieta Soccer Academy was still a Surf affiliate.

In the Temecula Murrieta market it's basically Murrieta Soccer Academy then everyone else. A bunch of girls Legends Temeca teams left last year to go to MSA to play GA. Legends didn't want to play Temecula teams in any high level leagues. No GA, ECNL, Etc. Those Legends TV teams couldn't compete with MLS Next or GA at Murrieta Soccer Academy. Everything big by Legends goes to Silverlakes. A lot of talent from the area heads north to Legends or South to Surf SD.

The Hawks and their teams had a 3 year deal with Legends. They probably want to try their luck with Surf hoping for access to ECNL, GA, etc.

Empire Surf already added a lot of youngers from City SC Temecula, Albion, and MSA during tryouts. They are already looking stronger. ECNL and GA would definitely bring teams over from MSA.

Socal Elite was the biggest growing local competitor to Legends FC. If Legends goes down so does Silverlakes.

Legends didnt really provide enough to the Temecula teams to be competitive. No big name league access for the olders. When the hawks joined Legends, Murrieta Soccer Academy was still a Surf affiliate.

In the Temecula Murrieta market it's basically Murrieta Soccer Academy then everyone else. A bunch of girls Legends Temeca teams left last year to go to MSA to play GA. Legends didn't want to play Temecula teams in any high level leagues. No GA, ECNL, Etc. Those Legends TV teams couldn't compete with MLS Next or GA at Murrieta Soccer Academy. Everything big by Legends goes to Silverlakes. A lot of talent from the area heads north to Legends or South to Surf SD.

The Hawks and their teams had a 3 year deal with Legends. They probably want to try their luck with Surf hoping for access to ECNL, GA, etc.

Empire Surf already added a lot of youngers from City SC Temecula, Albion, and MSA during tryouts. They are already looking stronger. ECNL and GA would definitely bring teams over from MSA.

Socal Elite was the biggest growing local competitor to Legends FC. If Legends goes down so does Silverlakes.

There is no chance any club is going to move one of their high level league teams over to an affiliate, anywhere. It doesn't matter what the local teams/clubs change their name to, the name doesn't grant access to a league. The individual teams are not given access to the league, the club is given access. There is only one way to get a new MLS/ECNL/GA/EA/E64/etc.. team at a club (affiliates are separate clubs, regardless of the name similarities to the source club). A club (Brand X Surf, XYZ Legends, Elite Super Central Albion2) applies to the desired league, showing a history of sustained (multi-year) high performing teams including all year groups U13-U19, coaches with actual coaching licenses, guaranteed access to high quality fields, and an established support system for all of it. Everytime the teams in the area decide to shuffle around to the new big name in the area, they are basically resetting the clock to gain access to the high level leagues. The club/area has to earn it, no one is just going to hand it over to see what happens.

Interesting. How does FC Golden State fit into this on the boys side? Unlike Socal Elite, FC Golden State has MLS Next, and both pull out of the Pomona/Chino area.

Interesting. How does FC Golden State fit into this on the boys side? Unlike Socal Elite, FC Golden State has MLS Next, and both pull out of the Pomona/Chino area.
I think most people consider Pomona and Temecula to be too far to be in the same market. It's an hr drive with no traffic, but up to 2 with traffic, so I don't think there's that much overlap here. The neutral area between the two isn't that highly populated, so I don't think there are too many people making the choice.

This is from someone who drives past Golden State to go to MSA for regular practices, but we're unusual.

Back