SoCal Blue Baker

SDSteve760

BRONZE
image.png
group play at Blues cup the 3 pool games were
8-0
15-0
8-0
I watched some of there games and man awesome team fun to watch. Are they that good or competition that bad. They are in top flight how would this team stack up against top ECNL teams? Any thoughts.

who would you consider to be top ecnl teams?

I don't know if anyone can name top teams at this moment. There was a lot of change happening this summer. ECNL starts next weekend and will be very interesting and exciting.

As for Blues Cup, well Blues Baker 02 beat Real SoCal ECNL in the finals, 6-2. Is Real a top ECNL team? Is Baker really that good? We shall soon find out.

I don't know if anyone can name top teams at this moment. There was a lot of change happening this summer. ECNL starts next weekend and will be very interesting and exciting.

As for Blues Cup, well Blues Baker 02 beat Real SoCal ECNL in the finals, 6-2. Is Real a top ECNL team? Is Baker really that good? We shall soon find out.
No need to guess a lot of these "New" teams played at Surf Cup, Same result Blues Baker is the team to beat in the 02 age group.

Last edited:
We have to take into perspective when most of these "New" teams seasoned ended last year. And how much time the coaches and players had to before surf cup because they weren't in Far West Regionals or Nationals, Fast forward to the present Baker moves 7-8 girls from his dominant 01 team to an already successful Blues 02 team where they know eachother and have been practicing together they are going to be tough. Legends has re-grouped , Arsenal has scholarshipped people across the country for their 02 team, Eagles Got a huge boost from the 01 team that is very skilled and Surf has a huge talented pool to grab from! this is goin to be the year folks enjoy! Anyone can be beat on any given day

Reactions: cr7
Blues Baker is the Team to beat. Not sure any ecnl teams will be able to pull out a victory on them? Time will tell! Good luck ecnl teams~!

agreed, time will tell. some things to keep in mind, the final was a lot closer than final score shows; 0-0 20 mins in and 2-0 at the half after a soft penalty was called just outside the box with a couple of minutes left. RSC managed to not only score two goals against them but create a handful of chances in both halves which means they're vulnerable in the back. BB seem to play a lot of kick ball and rely heavily on their super athletes up top to flick and run onto balls (fun to watch). BB had 21 girls on the roster all weekend, vs 16 for RSC, and made at least two 5-7 player substitutions each half in every game. point is, after SIX GAMES (ugh) the BB's ability to switch out and rest that many girls that often definitely helped their cause. correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe this ability to sub half the lineup at will is an advantage they will not be able to capitalize on during ECNL league season due to stricter substitution rules. while they are super athletic, they are beatable.

p.s. minus the BB's classless on-field "flopping worm" (something we saw the Bakers teaching the girls at halftime) goal celebration after going up 15-0, this is going to be a fun season. let's just hope none of us have to witness that kind of low rent celebration again this season. #noclass

agreed, time will tell. some things to keep in mind, the final was a lot closer than final score shows; 0-0 20 mins in and 2-0 at the half after a soft penalty was called just outside the box with a couple of minutes left. RSC managed to not only score two goals against them but create a handful of chances in both halves which means they're vulnerable in the back. BB seem to play a lot of kick ball and rely heavily on their super athletes up top to flick and run onto balls (fun to watch). BB had 21 girls on the roster all weekend, vs 16 for RSC, and made at least two 5-7 player substitutions each half in every game. point is, after SIX GAMES (ugh) the BB's ability to switch out and rest that many girls that often definitely helped their cause. correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe this ability to sub half the lineup at will is an advantage they will not be able to capitalize on during ECNL league season due to stricter substitution rules. while they are super athletic, they are beatable.

p.s. minus the BB's classless on-field "flopping worm" (something we saw the Bakers teaching the girls at halftime) goal celebration after going up 15-0, this is going to be a fun season. let's just hope none of us have to witness that kind of low rent celebration again this season. #noclass
Sour grapes huh? Admit that they are the best team you've ever seen and be done with your petty gripes.

Sour grapes huh? Admit that they are the best team you've ever seen and be done with your petty gripes.

sour grapes make for bad wine. no wining here. i'm simply making some observations. like i said, they are talented and definitely fun to watch...just think they are going to get beat this year.

sour grapes make for bad wine. no wining here. i'm simply making some observations. like i said, they are talented and definitely fun to watch...just think they are going to get beat this year.

Not by anybody in SoCal. ;) Care to put some $$ on it. JK!

I saw that finals game you mentioned above and you might have had your sunglasses on too tight and too long. Did they not score like 3 on you in less than 4 minutes. In that first 20, you were lucky to escape without being 3-nil. I counted 7 through balls that slipped right past your defenders and somehow didn't end up in the back of the net. Your girls have a lot of fight though and will be top contenders in ECNL from what I've seen. And I will say, your keeper is top notch. She did a great job this weekend!

Overall, every game I saw was a little shaky in the beginning 20 mins. Seems a lot of teams are just starting to gel and everyone is having problems getting into a rhythm. The second half of ECNL will be much different than the first half.

And that celebration....I thought the "gone fishing", not flopping worm, was hilarious. It wasn't to make fun. Have you never seen that celebration. It's quite funny. I overheard the opposing coach laughing after the game and said it was hilarious and the yellow was excessive. The celebration wasn't done at the end of the game, BTW, so stop instigating. If a boys team does this, we laugh. But girls....so classless.

Good luck to you this season. All our ECNL teams are going to be in for a shocker. So much change, but so exciting. Every game is a mystery.

What is he flopping worm? Do tell.
Almost as bad as the cartwheel at Nationals?

Top 5 Things To Say When Your DD's Team Loses...

1) They (Opponent/Winner) just plays Kickball
2) It was much closer than the score reflects
3) They (Opponent) just bigger/faster
4) They (Opponent/Winner) had more subs on the bench.
5) "The Refs Clearly Gave Them That Game"

They are still 13 yr olds remember. When my DD scores I try and get her to celebrate. My little DD embellishes it. Why not. Sheesh. It's a game and boys kill it. Why are girls held to different standards?

Sorry. I'll stop. Getting off topic. Apologies.

Great point! I agree and wasn't taking away from their joy. I was just suprised! Honestly absolutely suprised because I know how serious their level of play is.

Not by anybody in SoCal. ;) Care to put some $$ on it. JK!

I saw that finals game you mentioned above and you might have had your sunglasses on too tight and too long. Did they not score like 3 on you in less than 4 minutes. In that first 20, you were lucky to escape without being 3-nil. I counted 7 through balls that slipped right past your defenders and somehow didn't end up in the back of the net. Your girls have a lot of fight though and will be top contenders in ECNL from what I've seen. And I will say, your keeper is top notch. She did a great job this weekend!

Overall, every game I saw was a little shaky in the beginning 20 mins. Seems a lot of teams are just starting to gel and everyone is having problems getting into a rhythm. The second half of ECNL will be much different than the first half.

And that celebration....I thought the "gone fishing", not flopping worm, was hilarious. It wasn't to make fun. Have you never seen that celebration. It's quite funny. I overheard the opposing coach laughing after the game and said it was hilarious and the yellow was excessive. The celebration wasn't done at the end of the game, BTW, so stop instigating. If a boys team does this, we laugh. But girls....so classless.

Good luck to you this season. All our ECNL teams are going to be in for a shocker. So much change, but so exciting. Every game is a mystery.

lol. you're on, $20 or beers. whichever comes first. i'm with you on the season. it will be exciting. as for gone fishing, or flopping worm, call it whatever we want. for me the intention doesn't excuse the timing. it's a respect thing if the makes any sense. now maybe i'm missing the context here...maybe the coaches are old buddies and they found it to be hilarious? maybe the 13 year olds suffering through a blowout in front of a big crowd thought it was "all in good fun?" maybe coach bobak thought is was, "quite funny" and this display made him proud of his Baker coaches in how well they were representing his club? then again, maybe not, right? i'm guessing that it wasn't THAT funny for 'everyone.' again, certainly not for the opposing team, especially after the BB's scored their 15th goal (with 10mins left in the game and no, NOT at the end of the game) and clearly not for the parents when they were heard booing. furthermore, let's not make it a gender thing, either. girls deserve better. don't get me wrong, i'm all for laughs and the showmanship AND everyone knows if anyone can back the smack it's the BB's...BUT the timing could use a little work. just sayin'. final thought - the rsc keeper is legit.

Last edited:
lol. you're on, $20 or beers. whichever comes first. i'm with you on the season. it will be exciting. as for gone fishing, or flopping worm, call it whatever we want. for me the intention doesn't excuse the timing. it's a respect thing if the makes any sense. now maybe i'm missing the context here...maybe the coaches are old buddies and they found it to be hilarious? maybe the 13 year olds suffering through a blowout in front of a big crowd thought it was "all in good fun?" maybe coach bobak thought is was, "quite funny" and this display made him proud of his Baker coaches in how well they were representing his club? then again, maybe not, right? i'm guessing that it wasn't THAT funny for 'everyone.' again, certainly not for the opposing team, especially after the BB's scored their 15th goal (with 10mins left in the game and no, NOT at the end of the game) and clearly not for the parents when they were heard booing. furthermore, let's not make it a gender thing, either. girls deserve better. don't get me wrong, i'm all for laughs and the showmanship AND everyone knows if anyone can back the smack it's the BB's...BUT the timing could use a little work. just sayin'. final thought - the rsc keeper is legit.

It's a bet!!!!

Maybe timing of game wasn't ideal on the celebration, but it wasn't even on the field. I almost missed it, but when I saw it, just thought of the boys. I didn't see any other celebrations outside of that one from any of the girls on BB's team. Maybe they are just having fun. I don't know. Anytime anyone scores on Blues the opposing sidelines erupt like the world cup. It's fun to watch. Guess that's why people stick around to spectate.

And I WILL make it a gender thing, now that you said not to. From the fouls that aren't called because girls don't embellish, to the celebrations, to the opportunities afforded, to the expectations (be a good girl - "girls deserve better?"). Let's not sweep it under the table. It's real. But again, different thread. So let's agree to disagree. Anyone who beats BB will be on cloud 9!!! Think about it. Must suck to be hated and hunted like that. But what fun for everyone to have a target to shoot at.

I enjoy watching all the teams. RSC put up the best fight all weekend. They should be proud.

Reactions: cr7
It's a bet!!!!

Maybe timing of game wasn't ideal on the celebration, but it wasn't even on the field. I almost missed it, but when I saw it, just thought of the boys. I didn't see any other celebrations outside of that one from any of the girls on BB's team. Maybe they are just having fun. I don't know. Anytime anyone scores on Blues the opposing sidelines erupt like the world cup. It's fun to watch. Guess that's why people stick around to spectate.

And I WILL make it a gender thing, now that you said not to. From the fouls that aren't called because girls don't embellish, to the celebrations, to the opportunities afforded, to the expectations (be a good girl - "girls deserve better?"). Let's not sweep it under the table. It's real. But again, different thread. So let's agree to disagree. Anyone who beats BB will be on cloud 9!!! Think about it. Must suck to be hated and hunted like that. But what fun for everyone to have a target to shoot at.

I enjoy watching all the teams. RSC put up the best fight all weekend. They should be proud.

not to beat a dead horse, or worm...but for the record: the celebration was on the field, at the top of the box with 10 mins left and for all the world to see. BB's were silent on monday probably because bobak got wind of the antics and wasn't super "stoked" on it. being the father of three daughters and brother to three sisters, i'm all about equal opportunities (see timing). love the idea of being on cloud 9 and you buying me a beer...or vice versa ;-) cheers.

not to beat a dead horse, or worm...but for the record: the celebration was on the field, at the top of the box with 10 mins left and for all the world to see. BB's were silent on monday probably because bobak got wind of the antics and wasn't super "stoked" on it. being the father of three daughters and brother to three sisters, i'm all about equal opportunities (see timing). love the idea of being on cloud 9 and you buying me a beer...or vice versa ;-) cheers.

I think the yellow card and the mom yelling across the field at her own daughter to "stop it", made it even more classic. It's just a little fun in this game that has become work for most of our girls. I think we forget that. They are still kids. No! It's all about college. All about composure. Girls be tough. Girls be strong. Girls be smart. Girls be controlled. Which is why so many go on to college and quit. Burn out. It's not a mean to the end, it's a lifestyle. All we do is squash the fun out of it and dissect it to death. I love this forum because it's very real, but also has comedy about it. I guess I'm choosing to keep it light. Not everyone feels my vibe. It's all good. I'll eat my bacon all alone, while I laugh at soccer in SoCal. Keeps me entertained.

The best laugh I had all weekend. The girl from Blackhawks that got so frustrated at BB's team, she turned and kicked a player in the calf. Mind you it was like 30 seconds after the play. Red carded out. She didn't even kick hard, but it was a direct kick on a player for absolutely no reason and WAY after the play. Funniest thing I've ever seen in soccer to date. Very toddler'ish. Did anyone else see this? You could tell it was frustration. Felt bad for the kid. Had a laugh. But kicking a player out of the blue. Wow! New one for me.

Meatsweats
After reading the post and your comments above are you saying the game itself is not fun at BB? There is a need to create enjoyment after scoring 15 in 50 min so the answer is snub the team your crushing and embarrass the club? Seems a bit of flawed logic or if in fact the case a bit sad!

Back