Silverlakes Thanksgiving Showcase...Breakin it down?

RichMan

SILVER
So, just thought I'd get the conversation going to create some good reading material over the holiday weekend (if ya know what I mean)...

upload_2017-11-22_9-23-39.jpeg

SLAMMERS FC - G2005 Pre-Elite
Legends FC PRE ACADEMY G05
SC del Sol - 05 Girls Pre DA 1

Lonestar SC - U13 DA

Well, based on these numbers : 12-0, 49 goals for vs. 3 against... Slammers is definitely the team to beat and according to YSR, #2 in the country second only to San Diego Surf Academy Girls Select 2005 who also went undefeated with similar numbers 12-0, 46 for & 9 against respectively. I'm pretty much seeing that trend continuing right through Sunday this weekend!

Legends 05 also won their SCDSL division, but may have had an easier go of it with a less competitive division (compared with say SCDSL Flight 1 North). They should still be right there being very athletic and with a very solid goalie.

SC Del Sol hails from Arizona and I don't know a whole lot about them. I doesn't appear that they've played this level of competition in a bit, but what do I know. They have a tough bracket and that will be an immense hill to climb. The weather should be great though!

Lonestar SC appears to be making the trek in from Texas? Similarly with Del Sol & from what I can discern, it may be a bit eye opening as some of this competition won't be on the same level they play at home. We shall see & hey, any given Sunday...

SoCal Academy SC - G2005 Hazell
Legends FC G06 Pre-Academy
CDA Slammers FC Orange - Hurtarte

IE Surf G05 Premier

Hmmmm. I think So Cal Academy might get the nod in this bracket, but tough to call. It appears that they only lost 1 game in league and are still alive in their league cup. I hear they are well-coached and they have shown in the past that they can compete.

Legends 06 is a question mark for me as I don't follow 06 teams and they are obviously playing up. But hey, with this being a virtual home tournament for Legends, they may surprise and should be competitive. My DD played with Legends for a few years and I know the 06 squad was very solid. Same coach as the 05 Pre-Academy team & according to YSR for 06, #1 in the country...

Slammers Hurtarte struggled in league and their SCDSL division this year against the likes of Slammers FC Pre Elite and LAGSD. However, that competition should serve them well as this could be an interesting and wide open bracket. Possible dark horse.

I.E. Surf is another dark horse for me but I think (& please correct me if I'm wrong) they played against lesser competition this season in a Coast Silver Elite league? Not sure if that bodes well or not here, but we'll see.

Pateadores - 2005 Pre-Academy
SLAMMERS FC - G2005 Pre-Elite Reserve
Albion SC Las Vegas DA G05
Lamorinda Soccer Club - 05 Navy

Pats Pre-Academy had a tough season going 1-10-1 against the likes of San Diego Surf Academy Girls Select 2005 and So Cal Blues 2005 Draluck. They may have more of a fighting chance here in this bracket, but it doesn't seem likely.

Slammers Pre-Elite Reserve is basically in the same boat. They struggled in league against the top Slammers team (who should more than likely win this tournament) while playing against a lesser competitive division than some of the others. That being said, they have a good shot to make some noise.

Albion SCLV is coming back to Cali to test themselves in what seems to be a fairly appealing bracket. It doesn't seem their recent competition has been all that competitive, but they happened to land in a bracket open to possibilities. A dark horse here.

Likewise, Lamorinda SC (who aparently likes San Diego after they were a finalist in 2017 Surf Cup White Division) finds themselves in a favorable spot here. In fact, they lost in the finals of Surf Cup to the Pats Pre-Academy team they'll face here. Rematch! However, the competition in the White division wasn't up to par with the competition they'll see if making it out of this bracket.

Please have fun with this and feel free to chime in & correct, add or thrash anything I've tossed out. I'll be at Surf Thanksgiving this year so no dog in this fight, I just love the banter and soccer talk regarding our kiddos. I'll try to do one of these on Surf by this evening if time permits, but 20 teams in that one.

Enjoy your holiday and prayers that all
families & girls competing arrive and leave safely and healthy! Happy Thanksgiving!

images

So, just thought I'd get the conversation going to create some good reading material over the holiday weekend (if ya know what I mean)...

View attachment 1688

SLAMMERS FC - G2005 Pre-Elite
Legends FC PRE ACADEMY G05
SC del Sol - 05 Girls Pre DA 1

Lonestar SC - U13 DA

Well, based on these numbers : 12-0, 49 goals for vs. 3 against... Slammers is definitely the team to beat and according to YSR, #2 in the country second only to San Diego Surf Academy Girls Select 2005 who also went undefeated with similar numbers 12-0, 46 for & 9 against respectively. I'm pretty much seeing that trend continuing right through Sunday this weekend!

Legends 05 also won their SCDSL division, but may have had an easier go of it with a less competitive division (compared with say SCDSL Flight 1 North). They should still be right there being very athletic and with a very solid goalie.

SC Del Sol hails from Arizona and I don't know a whole lot about them. I doesn't appear that they've played this level of competition in a bit, but what do I know. They have a tough bracket and that will be an immense hill to climb. The weather should be great though!

Lonestar SC appears to be making the trek in from Texas? Similarly with Del Sol & from what I can discern, it may be a bit eye opening as some of this competition won't be on the same level they play at home. We shall see & hey, any given Sunday...

SoCal Academy SC - G2005 Hazell
Legends FC G06 Pre-Academy
CDA Slammers FC Orange - Hurtarte

IE Surf G05 Premier

Hmmmm. I think So Cal Academy might get the nod in this bracket, but tough to call. It appears that they only lost 1 game in league and are still alive in their league cup. I hear they are well-coached and they have shown in the past that they can compete.

Legends 06 is a question mark for me as I don't follow 06 teams and they are obviously playing up. But hey, with this being a virtual home tournament for Legends, they may surprise and should be competitive. My DD played with Legends for a few years and I know the 06 squad was very solid. Same coach as the 05 Pre-Academy team & according to YSR for 06, #1 in the country...

Slammers Hurtarte struggled in league and their SCDSL division this year against the likes of Slammers FC Pre Elite and LAGSD. However, that competition should serve them well as this could be an interesting and wide open bracket. Possible dark horse.

I.E. Surf is another dark horse for me but I think (& please correct me if I'm wrong) they played against lesser competition this season in a Coast Silver Elite league? Not sure if that bodes well or not here, but we'll see.

Pateadores - 2005 Pre-Academy
SLAMMERS FC - G2005 Pre-Elite Reserve
Albion SC Las Vegas DA G05
Lamorinda Soccer Club - 05 Navy

Pats Pre-Academy had a tough season going 1-10-1 against the likes of San Diego Surf Academy Girls Select 2005 and So Cal Blues 2005 Draluck. They may have more of a fighting chance here in this bracket, but it doesn't seem likely.

Slammers Pre-Elite Reserve is basically in the same boat. They struggled in league against the top Slammers team (who should more than likely win this tournament) while playing against a lesser competitive division than some of the others. That being said, they have a good shot to make some noise.

Albion SCLV is coming back to Cali to test themselves in what seems to be a fairly appealing bracket. It doesn't seem their recent competition has been all that competitive, but they happened to land in a bracket open to possibilities. A dark horse here.

Likewise, Lamorinda SC (who aparently likes San Diego after they were a finalist in 2017 Surf Cup White Division) finds themselves in a favorable spot here. In fact, they lost in the finals of Surf Cup to the Pats Pre-Academy team they'll face here. Rematch! However, the competition in the White division wasn't up to par with the competition they'll see if making it out of this bracket.

Please have fun with this and feel free to chime in & correct, add or thrash anything I've tossed out. I'll be at Surf Thanksgiving this year so no dog in this fight, I just love the banter and soccer talk regarding our kiddos. I'll try to do one of these on Surf by this evening if time permits, but 20 teams in that one.

Enjoy your holiday and prayers that all
families & girls competing arrive and leave safely and healthy! Happy Thanksgiving!

images
Nicely done RM! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

If this were a true tourney format then Group "A" definitely would be the group of death. Legends continues to impress as a competitive and formidable side. The Texas team will have their hands full but I do believe will hold their own. Despite Slammers being the top seed I do not think it is a clear cut road for them. They can easily stumble along the way. I can see So Cal Academy coming out on top with their schedule. I am curious how the 06 Legends team will do. They are definitely ready for the big field (as are many 06 teams) and this group makes it a nice test. The third grouping of teams appears to be evenly paired and difficult to predict. But, I am curious about the Albion LV squad.

Back