Silverlakes Concerts

Is scheduling concerts during tournament weekends at Silverlakes a regular thing these days? On top of the diminishing field quality, everyone there this weekend was forced to listen to hours of the worst musical performances imaginable on both days. Communication was definitely non-existent this weekend because you couldn't hear the person next to you. As a team manager, I'll definitely do more research on what else is going on at the venue where the tournaments are being held going forward.

We played there this weekend and didn’t hear a concert at all. Was this an evening thing? My big complaint was the turf field. The players were slipping all over the place. I saw several players get carted off the field with injuries likely related to the field traction.

We played there this weekend and didn’t hear a concert at all. Was this an evening thing? My big complaint was the turf field. The players were slipping all over the place. I saw several players get carted off the field with injuries likely related to the field traction.
We had Saturday 1pm and 6:20pm games. If you were on the turf it was probably a little less loud for you as it was on the opposite end of the complex. It was going again by Sunday mid morning all the way until our final at 2:30. They were doing sound check and everything before these times too which sounded like the most out of tune Karaoke imaginable.

1655140378614.png

The worst is when you have a game around 4 or 5 and it's not a tournament so you aren't already on the fields. The traffic coming in for the concert bottlenecks all the streets leading in. I've seen more than one kid having to jump out at Hamner and run to their games. In particular don't ever come in south to north on Norco Drive...the street splits into the baseball park and I even witnessed people get out and have screaming matches over merging.

We had Saturday 1pm and 6:20pm games. If you were on the turf it was probably a little less loud for you as it was on the opposite end of the complex. It was going again by Sunday mid morning all the way until our final at 2:30. They were doing sound check and everything before these times too which sounded like the most out of tune Karaoke imaginable.

View attachment 13911
Too bad Asterism, Wagaki Band, Doll$Boxx or Band Maid weren't performing.

We had one game Saturday, two on Sunday. Game at 4:50 on Sunday was painful. Field was right next to the stage. That was the worst shit I ever heard in my life. You could not even talk to the person sitting right next to you. Additionally, the ref quality was dubious best. The best part of the weekend was seeing Maverick during a long break. Thank god no more SL for a while.

Back