Scdsl standings

anyone know why scdsl removed the standings for the 2006 and below age groups? I know that there are not playoffs for this age group but for state cup seeding, this info is important and has been shown all year long until now.

I noticed it disappeared and was wondering, too. At the very beginning of the season, it seemed they only had standing for 05 and older. Look a like it reverted back to that for some reason?

If I recall correctly they were not meant to be kept. Standings are formalized till age groups play 11v11.
That is also my understanding but I was happy that they had them up when they did. I see nothing wrong with standings at any age. There will always be winners and losers in games. As we approach State Cup, it is nice to know who your strongest competition will be.

Youthsoccerrankings.us is now pulling in SCDSL results, so you can look at a given team and see how they are doing vs. having to tlook through the SCDSL schedules.

Yes but I am not sure that I trust the YSR info completely. Our team has beat another team twice pretty well but we are still listed far below that team in the rankings on YSR. That doesn't seem right to me.

In my experience, results are accurate. You might not agree with rankings methodology, but in my opinion, they seem pretty accurate at the top.

Yes but I am not sure that I trust the YSR info completely. Our team has beat another team twice pretty well but we are still listed far below that team in the rankings on YSR. That doesn't seem right to me.
No system can be perfect, but I think YSR does a pretty good job at least at the top of the rankings. In my opinion, it probably looks at too long a period of time (instead of focusing only on the last 6 months) and gives credit to teams for whipping weaker teams. However, if you look at the top 6 teams for this age group in socal, you might be able to argue position within the top 6, but it is clear to me that they should all be top 6 right now based upon performance since May.

Back