Say bye-bye-bye to Girls and Boys DA

If this is truly happening - Do you think US Soccer and ECNL have been working together on a plan? Or is US Soccer operating on their own and will just let things fall however they fall.

Unfortunately we will be back to just one monopoly managed by the same corrupt ECNL dumb asses that were just slightly smarter than the DA dumb asses. There will be no way for smaller clubs to field a top team, no matter how good the coaching. This will make it easier for mega clubs to shield abusive coaches. This will limit opportunities for less affluent players and will not help increase the popularity of soccer in this country. It doesn't matter for me, my kids are out of this system. It does make me sad for all the players that will not get the opportunity to play at a higher level. It will mean that the National Teams will have a smaller pool to draw from. Parents that can afford to participate better get ready to spend more money, because costs will not go down. Our only hope is that our kids fix the mess we have created.

Unfortunately we will be back to just one monopoly managed by the same corrupt ECNL dumb asses that were just slightly smarter than the DA dumb asses. There will be no way for smaller clubs to field a top team, no matter how good the coaching. This will make it easier for mega clubs to shield abusive coaches. This will limit opportunities for less affluent players and will not help increase the popularity of soccer in this country. It doesn't matter for me, my kids are out of this system. It does make me sad for all the players that will not get the opportunity to play at a higher level. It will mean that the National Teams will have a smaller pool to draw from. Parents that can afford to participate better get ready to spend more money, because costs will not go down. Our only hope is that our kids fix the mess we have created.

You think this is any different than it is today with DA and ECNL?

I disagree with you on the term "monopoly" and "corrupt" and "ECNL dumb asses." Not sharing the league with others? Yes!! Keeping Legends and others out for their own reasons and I'm sure can go both ways? Yes!!! My dd age group was told Cal South & ODP is stupid and ECNL is no more and this G D A league was all world because the world was watching and they were developing world-class soccer players. Let's put the past behind us Outside and move to a more positive look. ECNL is now sharing. We just need to make sure we only have about, like no more than 14 top teams in in the SW. These 14 teams should not have their little sisters team in the top league either. Let's wait until we see how the top league is formed. If they go 160 and do rodeos all over the country then you guys can have it all. I''l find a local league instead.

It could be convincingly argued that in the last few years with GDA the youth national team is picking from the smallest pool it ever has.......

160 with 2 tiers pro/rel would be fine.

40 team top tier, 120 team bottom tier. Not that hard to imagine.

Less watered down than pretending we have 101 elite teams in the country. Watch a game between #10 and #100 some time. is that game worth a plane flight?

The biggest reason ECNL won't go real big is their wouldn't be room for all teams at the national showcases. That's a big reason in terms of how many teams they will take along with quality of competition/location. I would guess adding somewhere around 15 teams or so from DA. Some tough decisions coming

Less watered down than pretending we have 101 elite teams in the country. Watch a game between #10 and #100 some time. is that game worth a plane flight?
10-0 GDA games were every weekend.

1586538716873.png

The biggest reason ECNL won't go real big is their wouldn't be room for all teams at the national showcases. That's a big reason in terms of how many teams they will take along with quality of competition/location. I would guess adding somewhere around 15 teams or so from DA. Some tough decisions coming
I wonder how a club applies to the new ECNL ((if rumors are true))? GDA made you fill out an application, A and B coaches only and so on.

If the teams don't play across the two tiers, you will have a lot of travel for the top tier. ECNL has 8 "Regions" now. I believe you'd want at least 10 teams per region - giving 18 "local" games playing each team twice. That puts the number at 80, minimum in the current configuration of regions.

Asking as a non So Cal resident (I’m in the north east), what is the pecking order of the So Cal GDA clubs that the ECNL would want if all this is true, and if every GDA club doesn’t get a spot?

Asking as a non So Cal resident (I’m in the north east), what is the pecking order of the So Cal GDA clubs that the ECNL would want if all this is true, and if every GDA club doesn’t get a spot?
Not sure about the order, but I would suspect the top 3 would probably be Surf, Galaxy, Blues (and Blues are already in ECNL)

ECNL created a bit of a problem for themselves here on the girls side of things. In an effort to combat the DA defections, there are a lot of clubs that were accepted into ECNL the past few years that simply aren't "Elite" by just about any measure. The truth is there are at least 20-30 clubs that should be kicked out (they probably won't be, though) and about 40-50 clubs that are about to soon be without a home that should be pulled in from GDA (and another 20-30 GDA clubs perhaps soon to be without a league home that also wouldn't qualify as "Elite" that shouldn't be pulled in).

I think ECNL (or any of us) could pencil out which 100-120 clubs would best fit the definition of the "E" in "ECNL," but there are going to be a lot of politics that will determine which ones actually get included in the league, just as always.

They already announced that on March 12th.

No they cancelled everything through the end of April & spring cup on that date.

New official announcement coming soon regarding suspension of everything until at least the end of July.

Restructure also coming for the boys and there may or maynot be a regular fall season for them but the announcement won't say that fall season is a go just yet.

The order would start with SD surf, followed by beach and legends, then the other SD clubs and galaxy.

This is all rumor and conjecture at this point. I heard us soccer still trying to keep some parts of DA. But again I haven’t heard definitively anything of substance.

girls DA was stupid anyways. They solved a problem that didn’t need a solution. The talent was consolidated and ECNL ran great and scouting friendly events. And teams left out of ecnl still had talent and were easy to find.

boys da needs to be mls only for the kids on a pro track and then a league one for the next level kids who want to play high school and are headed for college.

who knows what will happen tho. Again it’s all rumor at this point and the people I know that should know facts haven’t said a thing.

Back