Roster size and fees

Speed

GOLD
Where do the fees go for a flight 2 (shoot and even flight 1) team? I am assuming the larger the roster the better benefit to the coach?

some clubs to it differently but it can go to ref fees, tournament fees, team events and all kinds of other "stuff". Typically the coaches are separate than team fees which are normally handled by the team manager.

Where do the fees go for a flight 2 (shoot and even flight 1) team? I am assuming the larger the roster the better benefit to the coach?

In the clubs with which I was associated closely enough to know coaches' salaries, the coach's salary was fixed without regard to roster size (except for possible bonuses for winning league or a major tournament). With more players on the roster, it is less painful to pay the entry fees to the major tournaments since it is spread over more families.

Each case & club can be different but there are normally three types of expenses that fees pay for:
1) Field rentals
2) Coach(s)
3) Club/Org admin

Some clubs wants/request coaches have a minimum number of players per team say 16 for 11v11 and they don't have much choice in the matter. Others offer more flexibility.

Expenses #1-2 can vary widely depending on how much/type of field space, games played, and the level/experience of the coaches. The one price fits all deal is kind of comedy but I guess their trying to spread the costs out wider so what you pay for may or may not be what you get but that's the rub about "clubs"

Spent time with a club that had a rule that you need to have 16 full pay players or the coach takes a pay cut. After 16 players paid the coach was allowed to scholarship 2 players. Could also get give 4 half scholarships (or more partials) so long as the total equaled 16 fully funded players.

Related to roster, how is that a league would allow flight 1 players to be added to a flight 3 team for playoffs just because their flight 1 team didn't make it in their own bracket?

Related to roster, how is that a league would allow flight 1 players to be added to a flight 3 team for playoffs just because their flight 1 team didn't make it in their own bracket?

Good point. It seems CSL is the only league that sensibly doesn't allow players to play "up", the others all do.

Back