Referees - Check AR

SCS Fan

BRONZE
Do Center Ref's mind hearing from the sidelines "Check AR" if they don't see that an AR's flag has gone up for offside? Or would they rather not hear anything from the peanut gallery?

The only interaction the Referees will tollerate from the sidelines is done before the game starts, to find our who has their money.

It depends on the rest of the game. If the sideline is chirping all game long, you've probably been tuned out.
And maybe the ref is overruling the AR call.

I would rather I catch the AR's flag up and not have the coach or spectators tell me to look at my AR. But, as long as I see the flag, even after someone on the sideline yells, I am okay with it. I have had AR's, usually inexperienced AR's, that were slow to put a flag up. I looked at them before their brain had a chance to tell their arm to raise. It will only happen once per game and I realize the AR is slow, so I will look at them more often especially if play is going away from the AR and into a corner.

I get pissed off at myself when I miss a flag. If it is my AR screwing up the mechanics then we have a talk at halftime to help educate the AR.

Yes, go ahead and help out the referee but do it in a polite manner. "He ref are you blind? The AR has their flag up." Will normally cause a conversation between the ref and the coach that may get you sent to the parking lot.

Last edited:
Back