Referee Assignments

Surfref

PREMIER
Most referees should know what I am talking about. Sometimes I get my referee assignments for a weekend and think "These games are going to suck." But, I still go out and referee like it is a top level final. Then there are times like today when I get assignments (Surf Cup olders) and think "Shit yes, these games are going to f'ing rock!" I will by refereeing players next weekend that will be playing for the top colleges in the country within the next two years and "I" have the best view of them playing.

It is easy getting psyched up for these top level games, but I am curious what my fellow refs do to get psyched up, excited, or motivated about refereeing those lower level games?

For me, I look at the game as not the level of play but as "those players put a lot of work into preparing for this game so I owe it to them to give them my best."

And, we need a referee category for referee related threads.

For me, I look at the game as not the level of play but as "those players put a lot of work into preparing for this game so I owe it to them to give them my best."
It's appreciated, I have seen refs go out there and work their tails off to make sure the rules of the game are followed and the safety of the kids, young and old is a top priority. From garbage games to games of the highest caliber. Continued success refs!

great freaking fun this weekend. saw some great games. other than the compressed game start times, it was just about as much fun as an old fat bald man can have.

great freaking fun this weekend. saw some great games. other than the compressed game start times, it was just about as much fun as an old fat bald man can have.

I could not agree more. Sore ankle and slight sunburn, but got to be up close for some great games.

Back