Question...

jsmaxwell

BRONZE
Corner kick.

Corner Kick is struck. No reason to think its going directly into goal, but it goes right at the defender standing at the near post. Defender throws up hands and deflects ball into the goal. (clear and obvious handling.)

What is the call?

And, no it doesn't matter where this happened or what the ref did or what was the outcome. I'm just curious what the call is supposed to be.

TIA

Advantage. Goal counts.

I'm pretty sure I'd send the player off, too. Maybe it should be a caution with the new guidelines.

Thanks. I get the advantage. Not sure about dogso, since the CK was not bending toward goal and there were multiple players around. Would have thought PK if the ball hadn't gone in without any ejection.

Youth player. Threw arms up in surprise. No heading allowed. Kid just confused on the spot given ball going straight toward face.

if, the ball doesn't go in, than maybe, depending on the age, skill level, etc., it is a penalty. most likely from what you described, that would be the end of it.

Corner kick.

Corner Kick is struck. No reason to think its going directly into goal, but it goes right at the defender standing at the near post. Defender throws up hands and deflects ball into the goal. (clear and obvious handling.)

What is the call?

And, no it doesn't matter where this happened or what the ref did or what was the outcome. I'm just curious what the call is supposed to be.

TIA

"Advantage, play on", followed by a whistle and directions for a kickoff at the center spot.

Advantage. Goal counts.

I'm pretty sure I'd send the player off, too. Maybe it should be a caution with the new guidelines.

You can't send the player off for interfering with a goal scoring opportunity, since the goal was scored. A caution might be rubbing it in a little too hard. Perhaps a word or two from the referee to let the defender know how "lucky" he was.

Thanks. I get the advantage. Not sure about dogso, since the CK was not bending toward goal and there were multiple players around. Would have thought PK if the ball hadn't gone in without any ejection.

Youth player. Threw arms up in surprise. No heading allowed. Kid just confused on the spot given ball going straight toward face.

I am sure the brainless no-heading rule will have other victims as time passes.

"Advantage, play on", followed by a whistle and directions for a kickoff at the center spot.
So, screaming advantage after the ball is in the net accomplishes what? And ussf doesn't require a whistle after a goal so depending on jurisdiction that part is also unnecessary.
No reason to alert anyone about a foul that has occurred, even if it had, which it may not have in the first place.
Maybe you should stick to complaining and criticizing and leave the instruction to referees to someone who knows.
Just a thought

So, screaming advantage after the ball is in the net accomplishes what? And ussf doesn't require a whistle after a goal so depending on jurisdiction that part is also unnecessary.
No reason to alert anyone about a foul that has occurred, even if it had, which it may not have in the first place.
Maybe you should stick to complaining and criticizing and leave the instruction to referees to someone who knows.
Just a thought

Are your hemorrhoids acting up today?

Just a thought

Good post. Not because you educated Espola, but because you described what a referee with experience and common sense should do in this situation.

Good post. Not because you educated Espola, but because you described what a referee with experience and common sense should do in this situation.

I was going to just say "point to the center circle", but I didn't think everyone would get it.

Why would you do that? Caution? For what?

If a player handles the ball in an attempt to deny a scoring opportunity, I believe that they are to be cautioned for unsporting behavior if a goal is scored, advantage having been applied.

The original post basically described that situation. My comment was given before he elaborated by adding that it was a U11 (or younger) game and the touch was possibly unintentional.

If a player handles the ball in an attempt to deny a scoring opportunity, I believe that they are to be cautioned for unsporting behavior if a goal is scored, advantage having been applied.

The original post basically described that situation. My comment was given before he elaborated by adding that it was a U11 (or younger) game and the touch was possibly unintentional.
But the poster mentioned no such thing as an "attempt to deny a scoring opportunity" in his original post.

I'm not going to take the bait.

Troll elsewhere.
You can try to deflect all you want but the fact remains that your answer did nothing but expose the dearth of knowledge inherent in it. You personify the typical pretentious armchair sideline "expert" we see week to week.

Back