Ponderable

So, if the feds weren't there what would have happened?
Clinton sure liked to send a message.

Elian+raid-thumb-360x278.jpg
How does that kid (now adult) think about what happened to him?

I agree with that. Then, like we did in Ben Tre, we saved the compound by destroying it.

My personal experience is if you were to put you, me or your average law enforcement officer into a real life situation with unknown actors, in a hostage situation where a deranged cult leader is using human shields... that the chance of mistakes being made is quite high. Always easy to second guess later on, or to make cracks about destroying the town to save the town. But I'm not sure how fair that is to the people who were there.

How does that kid (now adult) think about what happened to him?

Not to put words into Joe's mouth but my guess is he's going to say something to the effect of we're not talking about "conservatives" here, so obviously his EG's dad has no parental rights.

I mean, isn't that what it always come down to for Joe?

My personal experience is if you were to put you, me or your average law enforcement officer into a real life situation with unknown actors, in a hostage situation where a deranged cult leader is using human shields... that the chance of mistakes being made is quite high. Always easy to second guess later on, or to make cracks about destroying the town to save the town. But I'm not sure how fair that is to the people who were there.
Kind of like the Bush's WMDs.
You Dick.

Not to put words into Joe's mouth but my guess is he's going to say something to the effect of we're not talking about "conservatives" here, so obviously his EG's dad has no parental rights.

I mean, isn't that what it always come down to for Joe?
You are babbling, again.

ATF knew what they were getting into. Hotheads on the scene who were embarrassed about criticism of the results of the initial assault overruled those who advocated for patience and safety.

ATF knew what they were getting into. Hotheads on the scene who were embarrassed about criticism of the results of the initial assault overruled those who advocated for patience and safety.

Your post reminds me of that quote by Cormac McCarthy that says something to the effect of “you never know what worse luck, you bad luck saved you from.” As I recall the siege at Waco lasted almost two months. What if it went on another two months and then DK gave all his followers the Jonestown Koolaid, and all of them died. Would that be a better outcome?

Also I can’t help but notice that in a world of copycat mass shooters- the government actions made enough of an impression that no one is copycatting Waco. Think that also has to be factored into how we judge events on that day. So while I agree the outcome was far from ideal, let’s not get ahead of ourselves in talking by pretending it couldn’t have been much worse.

Why do democrats hate black people so and then pretend to be down for the struggle?

Why are the tolerant leftists so violent?
Democrats and Bloody Sunday

Posted at 11:30 am on March 4, 2019 by Mike Ford

selma-alabama-620x424.jpg

Alabama State troopers attack civil-rights demonstrators outside Selma, Alabama, on Bloody Sunday, March 7, 1965-Wikipedia

On March 7, 1965, peaceful black protestors, attempting to march from Selma to Montgomery in support of black civil rights, were brutally beaten with batons and tear gassed by Alabama State Troopers and paramilitary auxiliaries—for simply attempting to exercise their civil rights.

Fast forward to 2019–Yesterday marked the anniversary of that “Bloody Sunday” in Selma. I note with interest that several Democrat presidential candidates took part in those ceremonies yesterday, ceremonies recognizing the sacrifice of those earlier protestors. The cast was a Who’s Who Of Democrat leaders; Hillary Clinton, Jesse Jackson, Cory Booker, Bernie Sanders and Sherwood Brown among others. See video.

My question here is, Just how did the Democrat Party manage to hijack the civil rights movement and then manage to steal credit for it? A simple bit of research shows that it was the Democrat Governor of Alabama who promoted and protected segregationist policies, even to the point of defying Federal court orders.

It was the Democrat local officials who beat these peaceful protestors to a bloody pulp on that and other days. Remember, it was the Democrats who created the Ku Klux Klan as their very own enforcement arm in resistance to Federal edicts during the Post Civil War era called “Reconstruction.”

Moving back to the Bloody Sunday decade, it was the Democrats who tried to stall civil rights legislation; the Democrats who attempted to deny blacks the sovereign franchise and passed local laws and ordinances that required separate dining and bathroom facilities for blacks.

Today, the racism is more insidious. Democrats promote federal and state programs that foster want, deprivation and envy. Democrats continue to keep black and other minorities as slaves to the government dependency of the Democrat plantation.

These same leftists, members of the same party who enslaved so many families…and continue to do so, are continuing to advocate for the modern version of personal degradation and servitude—government dependency. This servitude presupposes that blacks and other minorities just can’t cut it. They aren’t smart enough or motivated enough to make it without the “White Saviors” riding in to their rescue.

These leftists have no shame. How dare they—How DARE they, parade and preen as they strut down the avenue and across the bridge stained with the blood from innocents who,were peacefully protesting decades of ill treatment at the hands of…Democrats.

Anyone know what POS is responsible for this?

Russia is squeezing NASA for more than $3.3 billion — and there's little anyone can do about it
577fc81d88e4a7da328b68a7-750-590.jpg
Bill Ingalls/NASA via Getty Images
A Russian Soyuz spacecraft launches from the Baikonur Cosmodrome on July 7, 2016. NASA will end up paying $81 million per seat by 2018.

NASA is in quite a financial pickle with the Russians.

When the agency retired its space shuttle program in 2011, it was banking on commercial carriers - ultimately SpaceX and Boeing - to design, build, and test proven systems to launch its astronauts into space by 2015.

But those plans have been waylaid by 3 years, according to a buck-stopping audit by NASA's Office of Inspector General (OIG) on Thursday, Sept. 1, 2016.

This leaves the agency with one option for sending astronauts to and from the International Space Station (ISS) 220 miles above Earth: a Russian spacecraft called the Soyuz.

And Russia is taking full advantage of its temporary monopoly.

Roscosmos, Russia's space agency, used to charge NASA as little as $21.8 million per seat in 2008 (when the space shuttle was still around).

By 2018, however, it intends to charge NASA $81 million per seat by 2018 - a cost increase of 372% over 10 years:

57c987e809d2939b008b5da1-750-530.png
Skye Gould/Business Insider
How much NASA is paying Russia for each US astronaut seat aboard a Soyuz spacecraft from 2006 through 2018.

The latest NASA OIG audit - coincidentally released the morning that SpaceX's uncrewed Falcon 9 rocket exploded on a launch padduring a routine test (no one was harmed, but Facebook's first satellite was destroyed) - follows up on a report it released in November 2013.

The new audit finds that the delays by SpaceX and Boeing is going to cost NASA dearly in payments to Roscosmos.

"Had the Agency met its original goal of securing commercial crew transportation by calendar year 2015, NASA could have avoided paying Russia close to $1 billion for Soyuz seats in 2017 and 2018, even factoring in the purchase of some seats in 2016 to cover the expected transition period," the OIG report states.

The chart below factors in the price of a seat and the number of astronauts that NASA plans to launch (about six per year), to show how much NASA has paid Russia and could end up paying. The total cost over 12 years is more than $3.36 billion.

There's the " Russian Collusion "....along with the " Uranium One " Crimes .......

Your post reminds me of that quote by Cormac McCarthy that says something to the effect of “you never know what worse luck, you bad luck saved you from.” As I recall the siege at Waco lasted almost two months. What if it went on another two months and then DK gave all his followers the Jonestown Koolaid, and all of them died. Would that be a better outcome?

Also I can’t help but notice that in a world of copycat mass shooters- the government actions made enough of an impression that no one is copycatting Waco. Think that also has to be factored into how we judge events on that day. So while I agree the outcome was far from ideal, let’s not get ahead of ourselves in talking by pretending it couldn’t have been much worse.

The above post is the result of drinking " Pelosi Vineyards " products.....

I don't know. What if?

Perhaps the reason we don't see any more Wacos is because law enforcement authorities have learned a lesson in how not to act.

" They " didn't make mistakes.....it was deliberate and documented.

Just ask Janet ( Freak Show ) Reno.....

Girl Scouts Partner with Abortion Industry, ‘Anal Sex’ Promoter Teen Vogue
Girl-Scouts-Planned-Parenthoo-Teen-Vogue-.jpg

AFP/Getty Images
DR. SUSAN BERRY 4 Mar 2019
Two former participants in Girl Scouts say the organization enjoys a “cozy relationship” with the abortion industry, including Planned Parenthood, and now Teen Vogue, a magazine that promotes “reproductive justice” and has offered a tutorial on anal sex.

Ann Saladin, creator of MyGirlScoutCouncil.com, and co-editor Christy Volanski, have spent nearly a decade documenting Girl Scouts USA’s relationships with the abortion industry, Planned Parenthood, and political leaders who support abortion and a left-wing agenda in general.

“At the very least, it’s a cozy relationship,” Volanski told Breitbart News as she described the ties between the Girl Scouts, the abortion industry and, specifically, Planned Parenthood.

On Friday, MyGirlScoutCouncil posted to Facebook that the Girl Scouts Gold Award – its highest honor – went to a “reproductive health justice” project to “educate people about and destigmatize access to women’s healthcare”:

In December, the Girl Scouts of the Central California Coast Instagram account featured a post celebrating alumna and former Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O’Connor, specifically because “she was a key swing vote in many important cases, including the upholding of Roe v. Wade“:

media

Conflicting information from the Girl Scouts and the organization’s officials about its ties to the abortion industry has stirred up further controversy about these relationships.

The organization states on its website, regarding the issues of human sexuality, birth control, and abortion, it “does not take a position or develop materials on these issues.” Similarly, Girl Scouts denies having “a relationship or partnership with Planned Parenthood.”

Volanski noted, however, that local Girl Scout councils and individual troops are permitted to partner with Planned Parenthood.

In the video below from October 2011 – cited by PJ Media – former Girl Scouts USA CEO Kathy Cloninger confirmed a partnership between Girl Scouts and Planned Parenthood.

Back