Player Development vs Super Team Chasing?

It would be interesting to hear the recruiting stories you come across from the DA clubs. Anyone offer Full Ride yet? I only say that because I see your baby goat with higher than average talent at the U10 level. Reminds me OM who is Pro now at 14. Is OLE in LA? I tried to get my dd to dream about playing on a boys team when she was 10. My dd flat out said no and told me to my face to get rid of that crazy idea now!!!! Lastly, my dd went the possession soccer route for two years and it was fun but when we played fast, physical and strong opponents the possession broke down and we had to fight for survival. The point I'm making is after the pre-teen and HS years, the college game will bite many of the players parents in the buttocks who think fast, physical and strong is not important anymore and only learning the true tactical, developmental part of the soccer game is what matters now. Let me to you Luis, I watched many games in college this year and if you don't care about bringing Ganas to the game, you will lose and wonder what the hell is happening. These girls at AZ, Pep, WA, Fullerton, Long Beach St, UCI have a fire that is missing at my beloved UCLA. Good luck Luis on this journey. Be careful out there and If I can be of any service, please don't hesitate to PM.

The great part about the current team and group of girls she plays with is that ganas is what they are all about. To be honest I haven’t gotten into too much details with clubs that have tried recruited her but to say I will get back to them when the time is right and yes there have been offers for free tuition but to me it’s not about the money savings or getting a free ride. It’s where she will develop best at the current moment. If the game needs to get physical these girls are ready for the task. The system they implement is known for their high pressure defense and they shut down the possession soccer of the big teams forcing them to make mistakes and resort to playing kick ball. This team is probably one of the most physical and grittiest girls team when it comes to playing defense and forcing opponents to make mistakes.

The great part about the current team and group of girls she plays with is that ganas is what they are all about. To be honest I haven’t gotten into too much details with clubs that have tried recruited her but to say I will get back to them when the time is right and yes there have been offers for free tuition but to me it’s not about the money savings or getting a free ride. It’s where she will develop best at the current moment. If the game needs to get physical these girls are ready for the task. The system they implement is known for their high pressure defense and they shut down the possession soccer of the big teams forcing them to make mistakes and resort to playing kick ball. This team is probably one of the most physical and grittiest girls team when it comes to their defense.
So OLE has no older teams?

So OLE has no older teams?

Our team is the oldest girls team at the moment. Young club but with a great philosophy to soccer development. Out here in LA Ole is the club you want to put your child in for the young ages. They have proven to take home grown players and develop them well.

Does your dd what to play on YNT, Pro or College or all three?

She has dreams of going pro one day. But in order for her to get there she will need to keep working hard, growing and conquering the obstacles that she will face to get there. I’m doing my part now but she will have to do it on her own later when she gets a little older. That will be up to her later. How much does she really want it will determine how far she wants to get. She has the physical attributes to be a great player one day but it’s up to her later to reach her full potential.

Finally I found a coach that knows what he’s talking about and that agrees with my logic regarding player development and team development. A coach that understands that possession soccer and winning are both important. A coach that is

https://343coaching.com/us/

http://blog.3four3.com/tag/development/

Just watch his U11 team play possession soccer. No wonder this video went viral.

Notice how these 10 year olds play possession soccer. Notice the player formations. All players are on the same page. All players are tactical and technical. And when they lose the ball they do what ever it takes to get the ball back right away. True Tiki Taka and the product of a coach that knows what he’s doing.

Where is this video taken? How old is it? Didn't realize that 10 year olds were playing 11 v 11 on a full size field these days.

Where is this video taken? How old is it? Didn't realize that 10 year olds were playing 11 v 11 on a full size field these days.
A couple of gags or a rocket launcher would be needed before I'd let my kid play for either of the coaches on that soundtrack...joystick much?

I feel like you can learn a lot of these possession soccer from playing fifa on ps4. Certainly you need that to win beyond the beginner level.

Our team is the oldest girls team at the moment. Young club but with a great philosophy to soccer development. Out here in LA Ole is the club you want to put your child in for the young ages.
I wouldn't make a statement like that until you had a better feel for the lay of the land...

Any clubs you recommend?
I'm more familiar with the boys side, but the soccer world in LA is much larger than everyone thinks. Everytime I think I know all the options, I discover some club I've never heard of doing amazing stuff. Any statements about the best option in LA are likely to be wrong eventually.

I'm more familiar with the boys side, but the soccer world in LA is much larger than everyone thinks. Everytime I think I know all the options, I discover some club I've never heard of doing amazing stuff. Any statements about the best option in LA are likely to be wrong eventually.

for boys it’s a little different imo. There is a lot of good boys teams and programs around here. I can’t say the same for girl teams.

Back