Player database for college coaches

Does anyone know of a database where your kid’s soccer video clips, stats, and bio can be posted and college coaches can access this info when looking to recruit players? My daughter is starting the process of college recruiting and while her team uses Hudl only the team coach can post game videos.

Does anyone know of a database where your kid’s soccer video clips, stats, and bio can be posted and college coaches can access this info when looking to recruit players? My daughter is starting the process of college recruiting and while her team uses Hudl only the team coach can post game videos.

Check with your clubs college coordinator.

Hudl allows you to save clips and make highlights.

Scoutingzone.com and some of the other recruiting sites offer services to help manage contacts, video highlights, events attending, mass mailers, etc.

Always YouTube and tools where you can DYI video highlights reels.

Hit up the college forum for more info.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am basically looking for more of an open forum where the coaches and players both can access the same information without having to track down a particular player or coach. In other words, I can post video clips and random coaches can view them. I think this could be helpful for both coaches and players but so far I can’t find any that offers that.

Check with your clubs college coordinator.

Hudl allows you to save clips and make highlights.

Scoutingzone.com and some of the other recruiting sites offer services to help manage contacts, video highlights, events attending, mass mailers, etc.

Always YouTube and tools where you can DYI video highlights reels.

Hit up the college forum for more info.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am basically looking for more of an open forum where the coaches and players both can access the same information without having to track down a particular player or coach. In other words, I can post video clips and random coaches can view them. I think this could be helpful for both coaches and players but so far I can’t find any that offers that.
Very few coaches randomly browse through sites looking for kids’ videos. They get 100s emailed to them daily of kids who they know want to go to their school because they emailed, so they don’t need to look for random kids. They might watch your kid in a showcase and look them up, but it will be in the team site (like College FitFinder) or the tournament site where they can see any player on your team, but you can only see your kid.

Most coaches actually want you to email a link to a YouTube video (it can be a private link) because they get your email on their phone and they don’t want to have to log in to a college site to see more.

Very few coaches randomly browse through sites looking for kids’ videos. They get 100s emailed to them daily of kids who they know want to go to their school because they emailed, so they don’t need to look for random kids. They might watch your kid in a showcase and look them up, but it will be in the team site (like College FitFinder) or the tournament site where they can see any player on your team, but you can only see your kid.

Most coaches actually want you to email a link to a YouTube video (it can be a private link) because they get your email on their phone and they don’t want to have to log in to a college site to see more.
Thanks for the reply. This is pretty much on par with what I’m hearing from others also.

Thanks for the reply. This is pretty much on par with what I’m hearing from others also.
Incidentally, that doesn’t mean it’s not a good idea to have a fuller profile on one of the college recruiting sites. If a coach zeroes in your kid, that’s where they can find more info about then (including their academics) and links to all their highlight videos. Players usually put a link to that site on their emails along with the separate link to their latest highlight video from YouTube.

Incidentally, that doesn’t mean it’s not a good idea to have a fuller profile on one of the college recruiting sites. If a coach zeroes in your kid, that’s where they can find more info about then (including their academics) and links to all their highlight videos. Players usually put a link to that site on their emails along with the separate link to their latest highlight video from YouTube.

This for sure, Our youngest player had dozens of coaches come out to his games through these methods.

The other thing is coaches talk and it wasn't unusual for a 2nd or 3rd scout or coach to be along with the ones he contacted, watching or taking notes on players.

Unsolicited offers or followup to talk or see the player(s) happened several times also including overseas teams or scouts so you never know cast a wide net and you might be surprised to learn about programs you don't know about.

Have your daughter create a YouTube account. Post there. We created a 4 minute highlight video. I ran it by multiple people before finalizing this video. Also posted some complete games, training videos, etc. Then every time you email any college head coach and assistant coaches include a link to that highlight video on YouTube. Also create a Instagram account. Link the account in those emails as well. Update every couple weeks with a 45-55 seconds of highlights from the weekend of games.

Email 40-50 colleges that you have some interest in. Even if you don't get a response, follow up again in a couple months. Keep doing this. My daughter sent first email to the college she is going to in August of 2021. They didn't need a goalkeeper. Sent 2 more emails. They saw the one in May 2022. Now needed a keeper as current keeper decided to graduate instead of play a 5th year. They then came and watched multiple games. Did a visit. Verbal committed in June, just did official visit with complete 2023 Freshman class last week, and signs this November.

My oldest, currently a HS senior and in her final year of ECNL created a soccer specific Instagram account (free). Posting videos, pictures, etc. Would then provide coaches with a link…however, nearly every school that reached out to her (roughly 2 dozen) did so after seeing her play in person at a showcase and/or a large tournament (i.e. Surf Cup)

Back