Pateadores, Rangers, Beach FC & Strikers

Edouble

BRONZE
My son was born in 2012, I took him to his first tryout and he received an offer for Strikers in Irvine.

i was wondering if anyone could share some insight in the quality in the above clubs because I’m not sure if I should commit to the first offer or keep trying him out for other teams?

Any recommendations on the quality of those clubs?

Thank you all for the responses, Fullerton Rangers is closest to me but their tryout isn’t until January 13th, so I’ll have to wait til then.

Fullerton to Irvine can be a tough commute. You will hit traffic either on the way there or on the way home (if their practice time is early). Personally I would like to keep the commute to <25 minutes especially at the younger ages.

Fullerton to Irvine can be a tough commute. You will hit traffic either on the way there or on the way home (if their practice time is early). Personally I would like to keep the commute to <25 minutes especially at the younger ages.
The commute from Fullerton to Irvine can be rough both ways like Messi mentioned. Your child may be in the car for 45+ minutes each way. That is a long time for a young child IMO.

I wouldn't drive a 7/8 year old that far. Better off finding a local coach you like. The number of kids who start with a club and still are playing with them 10 years later is very minimal so don't buy into you need your kid to play for the brand at 8 years old. There are always spots available on teams so if the club is trying to hard close you to sign and you are not sure I would walk away.

Like some mentioned, that drive could really be a downer. Here are a few clubs in the Fullerton area that you may want to check out: Fullerton Rangers, AC Brea, Strikers North (Placentia), CDA Slammers Fullerton. I am sure that are a more, but those are the ones that come to mind right now. Also I am not sure if these teams carry the appropriate age group that you need for your son.

Rangers have a very talented 2012 white team (first team) and coach Shawn is a very good teacher. Both my daughters had it as a sub coach at some point and enjoyed the time with him.
I however believe they are in club break right now.

the long commute really makes sense. I didn’t realize that the 45 min drive both ways would take a toll on him. I’m going to look up the Slammers Fullerton and AC Brea among others, didn’t even know those existed.

My son was born in 2012, I took him to his first tryout and he received an offer for Strikers in Irvine.

i was wondering if anyone could share some insight in the quality in the above clubs because I’m not sure if I should commit to the first offer or keep trying him out for other teams?

Any recommendations on the quality of those clubs?
My
Thank you all for the responses, Fullerton Rangers is closest to me but their tryout isn’t until January 13th, so I’ll have to wait til then.
I have a niece that plays for Slammers Fullerton G07, Give them gander... they might have a 2012 team.

An option that is not on your list that is know for the youngers is TFA if you’re in Fullerton
And is fully funded if your boy makes the first team
Train in East Los
They used to do late training like 7p

BOCA OC has a solid 2012 team/coach - playing out of Anaheim Hills and Try-Outs this week. Just yet another option...at least there's plenty of them!

An option that is not on your list that is know for the youngers is TFA if you’re in Fullerton
And is fully funded if your boy makes the first team
Train in East Los
They used to do late training like 7p

fully funded sounds amazing but east LA is a painful commute.

Pick the coach not the club. Go to training sessions of the teams, not tryouts.
If you have multiple good coaches, pick a club that has less selling and trying to dig in your pockets in December when you’ve paid training for another 3-4 months already

Back