Opening up all Schools and Youth Sports now

jpeter

PREMIER
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released new guidelines last Friday for safely reopening K-12 schools and Youth Sports

Taking together with the latest Covid numbers

All Schools and Youth Sports Should all be open now according to the CDC if I'm reading these numbers and documents correctly. Please double check me and I'm missing something?

Lets get this CDC guidelines in place instead of the more restrictive state tiers for education and youth sports. Put pressure on the CDPH to get this done now.

2/16 update:
LA County: 29 cases per 100K
7.2% Postivity Rate

SD: 25.9 case per 100k
6.4% Postivity Rate

OC: 21 cases per 100k
7.8% Postivity Rate

CDC Thresholds
Moderate / Yellow
10-49 Cases Per 100k
5.0-7.9% Postivity Rate
Sports and Extracurricular activities occur

cdcnewtiers.png

cdc-guidance-jpg-1613172331.jpg

Attachments

• sd county 2021-02-17 114718.jpg
    sd county 2021-02-17 114718.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 7
  • oc county 2021-02-17 114553.jpg
    oc county 2021-02-17 114553.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 7
  • la county 2021-02-17 114336.jpg
    la county 2021-02-17 114336.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 10
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released new guidelines last Friday for safely reopening K-12 schools and Youth Sports

All Schools and Youth Sports Should all be open now according to the CDC if I'm reading these numbers and documents correctly. Please double check me and I'm missing something?

Lets get this CDC guidelines in place instead of the more restrictive state tiers for education and youth sports. Put pressure on the CDPH to get this done now.

2/16 update:
7.2% Postivity Rate

6.4% Postivity Rate

7.8% Postivity Rate

CDC Thresholds
Moderate / Yellow
10-49 Cases Per 100k
5.0-7.9% Postivity Rate

cdcnewtiers.png

Are those the weekly numbers? The CDC guidelines are on a cases per 7 days basis, which is actually more restrictive than the California daily case rate. As of last week, most of the US was in red and the CDC plan would require the suspension of a supramajority of schools and sports activity already in progress.

this does nothing to benefit the push for youth sports other than pushing opening of schools and perhaps twist it favorably in convincing administrators that onces schools open field accesss should open.

2/16 update:
7.2% Postivity Rate

6.4% Postivity Rate

7.8% Postivity Rate

CDC Thresholds
Moderate / Yellow
10-49 Cases Per 100k
5.0-7.9% Postivity Rate

cdcnewtiers.png

Our district just updated our staff that grades 3-5 will return starting in March. K-2 are already attending. Special Education are also in small cohorts.

Are those the weekly numbers? The CDC guidelines are on a cases per 7 days basis, which is actually more restrictive than the California daily case rate. As of last week, most of the US was in red and the CDC plan would require the suspension of a supramajority of schools and sports activity already in progress.

The state CA dashboard which seems to take data from the counties and is adjusted weekly was update 2/16 and is what the OP stated if you click on the individual counties on the map on the lower half of the pages;

When I did that I agree with the OP schools and sports should be open if the CDC guidance is followed. The CA tiers are overkill for those two sectors.

this does nothing to benefit the push for youth sports other than pushing opening of schools and perhaps twist it favorably in convincing administrators that onces schools open field accesss should open.

The CDC recommendations in Table 2 on the first graphic above has the sports activity recommendations and when it's yellow moderate transmission like they are now sports can occur according to them and all k-12 schools are open for full in-person.

The state CA dashboard which seems to take data from the counties and is adjusted weekly was update 2/16 and is what the OP stated if you click on the individual counties on the map on the lower half of the pages;

When I did that I agree with the OP schools and sports should be open if the CDC guidance is followed. The CA tiers are overkill for those two sectors.

Yeah, dad4 walked us through this in the other thread. The issue isn't the positivity test but the cases test. Unless he was wrong (and the commentary seem to agree that it's not), the CDC cases are taken from cases per week. California calculates cases per day. If dad's math was right, the CDC standards are actually slightly more restrictive than California's, which is why I'm asking if the OP's numbers were the weekly (not daily) case numbers.

based on current trends, I think most of CA is 4-8 weeks from orange.

4: SF, San Mateo
5: SCC, Alameda
6: LA, Contra Costa, SLO, Sacto
7: rest of socal
8-Riverside, Imperial. (least confident in these two.)

So, SF might be able to play something Mar 16. Maybe.

based on current trends, I think most of CA is 4-8 weeks from orange.

4: SF, San Mateo
5: SCC, Alameda
6: LA, Contra Costa, SLO, Sacto
7: rest of socal
8-Riverside, Imperial. (least confident in these two.)

So, SF might be able to play something Mar 16. Maybe.
I assume you mean orange under California's (not the CDC's) tiers?

yes. CA tiers. So far, CDC is not binding, so I am not tracking that one just yet.
It looks like most states, both red and blue, so far have decided to just ignore it. There are only a handful of wildcards like California (which might use it as a justification to move slower), Massachusetts and Hawaii.

With NV giving HS sports the green light today, CA is now only state without.

Yeah, I saw somewhere too that the roadmap in Nevada has tournaments resuming mid March? Short of some major changes, I seriously doubt we see tournaments this year.

Back