On the EVE of the biggest soccer game for USA ever...

Did the Japanese girl make herself bigger vs Holland? I don't think so.

This is O'Hara's position with the ball in flight in the first picture and then as it strikes her in the 2nd.
o1.jpg

o2.jpg

Here are 3 photos of the Japanese player, last one is different angle, couldn't find one of contact from first angle.
j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

I would say the Japanese player has made herself wider, at least wider than O'Hara, doubt she did it intentionally.

I wasn't excited about the call against Japan, mostly because the player is so close to the ball.

The rule change as explained by Ifab technical director David Elleray, "We've changed it to say the body has a certain silhouette," said Elleray. "If the arms are extended beyond that silhouette then the body is being made unnaturally bigger, with the purpose of it being a bigger barrier to the opponent or the ball. Players should be allowed to have their arms by their side because it's their natural silhouette."

While O'hara's arm is not tight next to her side, it could pass as a natural silhouette for a player defending on the field.

Too many give-away passes when an open teammate was available. And Alex Morgan seemed to think she was still 14 years old when she could dribble right through any defender she met.

This is why she is hurt. Getting chopped up. Then she is doing the stretching routine in an attempt to persuade the Ref to protect her. Not going to happen in this WC, no idea where these Refs came from, but they are not the strongest bunch. Going all female refs to make FIFA look Super-Woke isnt fooling reasonable folks

This is O'Hara's position with the ball in flight in the first picture and then as it strikes her in the 2nd.
o1.jpg

o2.jpg

Here are 3 photos of the Japanese player, last one is different angle, couldn't find one of contact from first angle.
j1.jpg

j2.jpg

j3.jpg

I would say the Japanese player has made herself wider, at least wider than O'Hara, doubt she did it intentionally.

I wasn't excited about the call against Japan, mostly because the player is so close to the ball.

The rule change as explained by Ifab technical director David Elleray, "We've changed it to say the body has a certain silhouette," said Elleray. "If the arms are extended beyond that silhouette then the body is being made unnaturally bigger, with the purpose of it being a bigger barrier to the opponent or the ball. Players should be allowed to have their arms by their side because it's their natural silhouette."

While O'hara's arm is not tight next to her side, it could pass as a natural silhouette for a player defending on the field.

So will it be Nike or Adidas to be the first to offer a soccer jersey with elastic sleeves that will pull the wearer's arms back into the "natural" position?

Speaking of jerseys, I noticed a little blurb in the news that the current USWNT jersey has set the record for team jerseys sold in a year, despite the fact that it is not offered in men's or children's sizes. And the year is not yet over.

So will it be Nike or Adidas to be the first to offer a soccer jersey with elastic sleeves that will pull the wearer's arms back into the "natural" position?

Speaking of jerseys, I noticed a little blurb in the news that the current USWNT jersey has set the record for team jerseys sold in a year, despite the fact that it is not offered in men's or children's sizes. And the year is not yet over.

website has them for $90-$120. wonder how many dudes, that arent family members, have ordered shirts?

Back