OMG

Owner. 5 other lawyers work for me.

You are not an owner, let alone a Lawyer....
Go on....

digging+pits_preview.jpg

So you don’t like the minimum wage either? You and your angry boys on here want to return to a century ago?
There you go again assuming...or worse you're a lying sack of shit...
Minimum wage is fine. I've always made more than the minimum wage.
When I was young & needed more money, I worked harder, learned new skills or found a new job that paid me more.
Simple really. Even you should understand.

There you go again assuming...or worse you're a lying sack of shit...
Minimum wage is fine. I've always made more than the minimum wage.
When I was young & needed more money, I worked harder, learned new skills or found a new job that paid me more.
Simple really. Even you should understand.
Tell that to all those who aren’t as industrious as you...tell them they shouldn’t make a lousy $15 per hour minimum wage. If you liked it then, then do the math on inflation and see if that’s not an ok number.

I haven’t made that little since I was about 30 years old.

I was making about that in my last full-time job over 20 years ago, plus I got the usual benefits and a quirk of our contract with the Army authorized me to get time-and-a-half for overtime even though I was technically "salaried". My part-time contracting pay in a job before that would have come out to more than that if I had worked the full 2000-hour year or more - and I did that one year so they made me become a fulltime hourly employee for the next year. Those were the good times - 10 minutes to work (and no freeway traffic!), interesting project (pocket-sized* chemical weapons detector) and basically no pressure from upper management as long as the customer was happy.

*BDUs have big pockets.

It's funny how all you middle class people worship wealth and hate the poor. I'm so curious what that's about.
We long ago established, here in America, the need for a minimum wage. You don't like it, do you?
You like using the government to take away an individuals right to negotiate their own individual labor cost and benefits package.

You don't like the minimum wage? I'm a commie; I like it. Why would I move; we have a minimum wage here, which is good. And I was in a union at 15 (lied about my age) making $3.60 an hour. Wage protections rule.
You like the U.S. of A. of the 19th century? What, have you been asleep for 150 years?
min wage. The unions justification for higher wages than.

You’re the asshole that’s against the minimum wage.
Selfish greedy prick. This is America, dammit.
You're a fucking liar!

Where did I ever say that?

Some folks need unions, some folks are self starters
Some folks lack ambition and are fine with making "minimum" wage

Back