NPL West vs Southern California NPL?

Could someone explain to me the difference between NPL West and Southern California NPL? they seem to cover the same ground geographically. SCNPL has many more member teams that NPL West. NPL West has some big names (SD Surf, FC Golden State, LA Galaxy, Albion) but only 8 members. I had heard that NPL West was going to run a fall schedule for some younger (pre-DA) teams, but I don't see anything about that on their website.

I don't have an NPL team kid! Just trying to educate myself about the landscape. I don't understand what the purpose of NPL West is? Why don't those teams just join SCNPL?

NPL West is for DA clubs only - it is their reserve teams or DA2's - they will play in a fall 2019 league - 2009s - 2002/1s - 2009s and 2008s being their pre academy teams

Could someone explain to me the difference between NPL West and Southern California NPL? they seem to cover the same ground geographically. SCNPL has many more member teams that NPL West. NPL West has some big names (SD Surf, FC Golden State, LA Galaxy, Albion) but only 8 members. I had heard that NPL West was going to run a fall schedule for some younger (pre-DA) teams, but I don't see anything about that on their website.

I don't have an NPL team kid! Just trying to educate myself about the landscape. I don't understand what the purpose of NPL West is? Why don't those teams just join SCNPL?

Nplwest.com is a closed Usclub league for academy only clubs. Up until this fall has been only run In the spring. New this fall they have expanded to include U12 for boys so u12-u18. Not only pre-academy any more as some older teams are opting for this if they have High School players that don't want to pay the big $$$ and travel for ECNL.

SCNPL is a open regional league that runs in spring only u13-u18. https://www.nationalpremierleague.com/

Back