Non devisive music thread.

You should take your own advice Daffy...
So what have Keanu or Tom written?
If you reread and comprehend my OP I was referring to Kristofferson's performing chops which I see as minimal. Right there in the post I say that Kristofferson wrote some good songs. You are impossible.

If you reread and comprehend my OP I was referring to Kristofferson's performing chops which I see as minimal. Right there in the post I say that Kristofferson wrote some good songs. You are impossible.

"It's as if someone owed him a favor for writing a couple good songs (when others performed them) so they let him perform and be in a couple movies."
Yet, the guy won a Golden Globe Award for best actor.
He's in the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, gotta do more than write a "couple of good songs" to get into those places.
Ignorance is bliss. The lesson is ended.

Last edited:
"It's as if someone owed him a favor for writing a couple good songs (when others performed them) so they let him perform and be in a couple movies."
He's in the Songwriters Hall of Fame and the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, gotta do more than write a "couple of good songs" to get into those places.
You're stretching again.

It would of been cooler if instead of saying he's in the Songwriters Halls of Fame... you just started posting links to kickass examples of his music, asking each time "so you don't like this?"

It would of been cooler if instead of saying he's in the Songwriters Halls of Fame... you just started posting links to kickass examples of his music, asking each time "so you don't like this?"
Except that wasn't/isn't/hasn't always been my question. I have always wondered about his acting and stage performance chops. Just my personal opinion . . . as with Keanu Reeves ("I AM A FBI AGENT" worst acting ever) and Tom Cruise (best scene he ever did was when he gets his ass kicked in Far & Away), but then again compared to them Kris looks a notch better (Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid was a waste of celluloid).

Why? His peers already acknowledged his songwriting excellence. Just because a drunken rat can't come to grips with it means nothing...

Pointing out his ignorance was enough....the rest of us are aware of Kris's talent....

Pointing out his ignorance was enough....the rest of us are aware of Kris's talent....

I don't know, I've spent my life working as a professional entertainer... trying to tell people there is a right or wrong type of art/music/stories is a bit of a fools errand. People like what they like.

I don't know, I've spent my life working as a professional entertainer... trying to tell people there is a right or wrong type of art/music/stories is a bit of a fools errand. People like what they like.
Yes, you are still very entertaining, in a we are always laughing at you kind of way.

Back