Non devisive music thread.

These guys were great.
I saw them play to a not sold out show at The Bacchanal in '88, then a couple months later saw them at The Blaisdell sold out for two nights. I knew lots of people at the SD show and felt like a stranger at a High School reunion in HI as it seemed everyone there knew each other. Great shows. My favorite local story about Cheap Trick is when they first started they opened for KISS at the Sports Aroma. My friend told me they were given a tiny amount of room to set up on between the curtain enclosing KISS's massive stage set up and the stage edge. The KISS fans booed and threw things at them. My friend, who was a big KISS fan (I hated them still do) said Cheap Trick rocked! Said they played Ramones style one song after another and fast as they wanted to get the hell outta there then flipped off the KISS fans and said, "FUCK YOU! SAN DIEGO!" Made me wanna know who they were cuz we had something in common, we both thought KISS fans were idiots.

Not over until the fat lady sings refers to opera dramatic structure, but in this case the fat lady is Brian Wilson's daughter Carnie, who with her sister Wendy and Chynna Phillips (daughter of Papa John and Mama Michelle Phillips) performed as Wilson Phillips. Here they do Daddy Wilson's greatest number live --

Not over until the fat lady sings refers to opera dramatic structure, but in this case the fat lady is Brian Wilson's daughter Carnie, who with her sister Wendy and Chynna Phillips (daughter of Papa John and Mama Michelle Phillips) performed as Wilson Phillips. Here they do Daddy Wilson's greatest number live --

The musician standing behind Wendy Wilson looks like Matt Gardine, Al's son, who is now a frequent performer with the remnants of the originals.

Back