"No-Show" coaches

GKDad65

SILVER ELITE
What do you do if your assigned "Coach" has been a no-show at more games than he has attended? The club tells us that it doesn't matter and that they will assign a "capable" coach to fill in.
I may understand at the older ages but for 2004's ?
Does it matter for a young team to have a regular coach for the season or should we just settle for what ever coach the club decides to send ?

I can't tell if this is rhetorical or a serious inquiry. First of all, it does matter. I get that sometime there are coach conflicts, and the coach needs to decide between teams, but the boys should always be prepared (by their 'real' coach) that they will be coached by so&so and what is expected of them as far as formation and style of play. If you also have a rotating door of coaches during training sessions, then I would say there is a problem. You are the paying customer and if you see a flaw in the product that you purchased you should raise that concern to the point of purchase. Boys needs consistency as much as we need it in our jobs. If we had a new manager every week, it would be very hard to do our jobs well.

it matters what is going on behind the scenes: is he just missing the games unexpectedly? Does he have 4 teams, and is having a tough time managing schedules, but is trying his darnest?

Back