New Girls DA Clubs Announced

This is great stuff. In a discussion about knee injury avoidance, the best you can do is claim that the pill makes women violent and fat and then change the subject to heading soccer balls? You must have learned how to debate in anti-vaxer school.

Again, this is you taking statements and using them to suit your argument. I said the side effects of some pills can cause violent mood swings and also can cause weight gain, therefore arbitrarily using the pill to prevent ACL tears doesn’t seem like the best solution.

The statement about heading was based on the fact that you seem to think the research that you have found is a catch all for why the DA is horrible and causes ACL tears. I wanted to see if using research to support actions only applies to tearing down the DA or if you as a person are as vigorous in using widely available research to other areas of importance in soccer.

You have since avoided having an opinion on the matter, which is fine. You could just say you don’t have an opinion.

For instance, my opinion, heading isn’t necessarily a good thing but it is a necessary part of soccer

Espola, yes for sure, and I’m not advocating aiming for huge muscle gains. What I’m talking about is running sport participants (like soccer players) who overdevelop quads and underdevelop hamstrings and glutes. Some simple resistance training and plyo to balance things out is likely the most beneficial thing most girls and women can do to effectively counteract ACL injury risk.

Again, this is you taking statements and using them to suit your argument. I said the side effects of some pills can cause violent mood swings and also can cause weight gain, therefore arbitrarily using the pill to prevent ACL tears doesn’t seem like the best solution.

The statement about heading was based on the fact that you seem to think the research that you have found is a catch all for why the DA is horrible and causes ACL tears. I wanted to see if using research to support actions only applies to tearing down the DA or if you as a person are as vigorous in using widely available research to other areas of importance in soccer.

You have since avoided having an opinion on the matter, which is fine. You could just say you don’t have an opinion.

For instance, my opinion, heading isn’t necessarily a good thing but it is a necessary part of soccer

You should know by now that the typical attempts at evasion don't work with me. However, since you're so intent on discussing head injury avoidance, fine, because it further illustrates the main point that GDA is such a crappy product.

In 2015-16, USSF made an exception to its stupid no re-entry and limited sub rules for head injuries to provide more time for staff to evaluate players and conduct concussion protocol. Prior to making the exception, evaluation of head injuries were often rushed and inaccurate due to the pressures placed on coaches to make quick decisions while unnecessarily having to play down a player. USSF made the change after carefully evaluating 5 years of DA data and proactively researching the issue extensively with experts, right? Wrong. It was essentially forced to do so after getting sued in a class action lawsuit by people who actually cared about the safety of the kids affected by USSF's stupid rules (and often lack of them). Let it soak in for a second. It took a freakin' lawsuit for USSF to protect kids from the possibility of, well, dying unnecessarily.

If it took a major highly publicized lawsuit for USSF to protect children from a risk of death, what makes you think it cares about your kid's knees, or their health at all? Do you know what other change USSF made after the class action was filed BTW? Adding mandatory arbitration to its waiver to prevent future class actions that might seek to further protect the safety of children. Yes, USSF certainly learned its lesson.

And if exceptions to the GDA's no re-entry and limited substitution rules are needed to properly evaluate head injuries without putting undue pressure on coaches and trainers to hurriedly diagnose the injury, why only head injuries? Why should coaches and trainers continue to be rushed to evaluate any potential medical emergency, including heat stroke, asthma, knee or ankle injuries, or anything? Is it because most other injuries realistically only present a risk of major surgery or allow USSF to point the finger at someone else for things like asthma (the parents knew she had it) and heat stroke (the club should have given her more water or a heat break)? Is it because USSF just hasn't gotten sued yet for other stuff? With respect to asthma BTW, you should look out at the CO showcase since it can easily be confused with altitude sickness. The good news though is it will be a non-issue for those who follow a certain someone's advice to miss a couple extra school days to get acclimated. Hopefully it will snow, also making heat stroke a non-issue.

Seriously, why are you defending rules that have no legitimate basis to exist? Why are people defending CO as the ideal location to play soccer in April, when it's more likely to snow there than MN? Why are people arguing that the week before finals is a great time to fly across the country and miss 3 days of school? Why are people defending the HS ban when it was inevitable to result in virtually all the best clubs in the country to fleeing GDA?

But, in answer to your question, its great that USSF took some action on headers and head injuries, even if it only did so because it got sued. But the exact same reasoning for making an exception to the no re-entry and limited substitution rules to evaluate potential head injuries applies equally for all types of injuries, and it shouldn't take another lawsuit to make that happen. The GDA no re-entry and limited substitution rules just shouldn't exist.

You should know by now that the typical attempts at evasion don't work with me. However, since you're so intent on discussing head injury avoidance, fine, because it further illustrates the main point that GDA is such a crappy product.

In 2015-16, USSF made an exception to its stupid no re-entry and limited sub rules for head injuries to provide more time for staff to evaluate players and conduct concussion protocol. Prior to making the exception, evaluation of head injuries were often rushed and inaccurate due to the pressures placed on coaches to make quick decisions while unnecessarily having to play down a player. USSF made the change after carefully evaluating 5 years of DA data and proactively researching the issue extensively with experts, right? Wrong. It was essentially forced to do so after getting sued in a class action lawsuit by people who actually cared about the safety of the kids affected by USSF's stupid rules (and often lack of them). Let it soak in for a second. It took a freakin' lawsuit for USSF to protect kids from the possibility of, well, dying unnecessarily.

If it took a major highly publicized lawsuit for USSF to protect children from a risk of death, what makes you think it cares about your kid's knees, or their health at all? Do you know what other change USSF made after the class action was filed BTW? Adding mandatory arbitration to its waiver to prevent future class actions that might seek to further protect the safety of children. Yes, USSF certainly learned its lesson.

And if exceptions to the GDA's no re-entry and limited substitution rules are needed to properly evaluate head injuries without putting undue pressure on coaches and trainers to hurriedly diagnose the injury, why only head injuries? Why should coaches and trainers continue to be rushed to evaluate any potential medical emergency, including heat stroke, asthma, knee or ankle injuries, or anything? Is it because most other injuries realistically only present a risk of major surgery or allow USSF to point the finger at someone else for things like asthma (the parents knew she had it) and heat stroke (the club should have given her more water or a heat break)? Is it because USSF just hasn't gotten sued yet for other stuff? With respect to asthma BTW, you should look out at the CO showcase since it can easily be confused with altitude sickness. The good news though is it will be a non-issue for those who follow a certain someone's advice to miss a couple extra school days to get acclimated. Hopefully it will snow, also making heat stroke a non-issue.

Seriously, why are you defending rules that have no legitimate basis to exist? Why are people defending CO as the ideal location to play soccer in April, when it's more likely to snow there than MN? Why are people arguing that the week before finals is a great time to fly across the country and miss 3 days of school? Why are people defending the HS ban when it was inevitable to result in virtually all the best clubs in the country to fleeing GDA?

But, in answer to your question, its great that USSF took some action on headers and head injuries, even if it only did so because it got sued. But the exact same reasoning for making an exception to the no re-entry and limited substitution rules to evaluate potential head injuries applies equally for all types of injuries, and it shouldn't take another lawsuit to make that happen. The GDA no re-entry and limited substitution rules just shouldn't exist.

Decent stuff End o' Line with the exception of this peculiar outlier ...

"Why are people defending CO as the ideal location to play soccer in April, when it's more likely to snow there than MN?"

The obvious answer being that it's also more likely to be a sunny and dry 75F.

Decent stuff End o' Line with the exception of this peculiar outlier ...

"Why are people defending CO as the ideal location to play soccer in April, when it's more likely to snow there than MN?"

The obvious answer being that it's also more likely to be a sunny and dry 75F.

Hey, thanks!

Any predictions on the weather for the upcoming ECNL Showcase in Phoenix in early April? I'm sure USSF passed on Phoenix because it presents a serious risk of heat stroke to GDA players since you can't make any substitutions. CO is probably the best option for GDA.

Hey, thanks!

Any predictions on the weather for the upcoming ECNL Showcase in Phoenix in early April? I'm sure USSF passed on Phoenix because it presents a serious risk of heat stroke to GDA players since you can't make any substitutions. CO is probably the best option for GDA.
You continue to spew the most narrow minded, ignorant crap further proving that you only know what you see on paper and have ZERO actual experience with anything you post about.

How is that Flat Earth theory coming along?

Hey, thanks!

Haven't been around here for awhile, but boy howdy are you ever the spot on definition of an 'all things GDA' hater ... Myyy goodness! May wanna ease off that accelerator a touch there compadre - you're painting yourself as a bit unhinged ;)

You continue to spew the most narrow minded, ignorant crap further proving that you only know what you see on paper and have ZERO actual experience with anything you post about.

How is that Flat Earth theory coming along?

You have a strange definition of "narrow minded" given that I appear to be the only one here who thinks that deep knee bends aren't the only thing people should consider as a means to limit the risk of a serious knee injury. You have a strange definition of "narrow minded" if you think "rules are rules" and therefore everyone should just STFU and do what USSF says regardless of how stupid, dangerous or irrational.
Yes, I am so narrow-minded that I provided study after study, article after article, so that thoughtful people can do their own research and reach their own conclusions. I even invited people including yourself to provide studies that contradict what I'm saying. You can't. Makes you wonder who's really narrow-minded....

You're such a clown.

As a broker of truth, why did you fail to mention that the plaintiffs sued just about every soccer association, challenging the associations' failures to implement proper concussion policies, including FIFA, AYSO and US Club Soccer (ECNL). Funny enough, with respect to ECNL, the complaint states that "US Club Soccer’s Official Policies as of November 5, 2012, do not mention concussions, concussion protocols, or concussion-related playing rules." Instead, ECNL simply "references a link to U.S. Soccer’s concussion guidelines." It also states "US Club Soccer has not instituted any rules with respect to concussion management, return-to-play guidelines or limitations on heading that differ in any material respects from FIFA." You also forgot to mention that US Club Soccer settled the suit too.

I guess ECNL must really hate children if they just follow US Soccer and FIFA's policies with respect to concussions.

You're such a clown.

As a broker of truth, why did you fail to mention that the plaintiffs sued just about every soccer association, challenging the associations' failures to implement proper concussion policies, including FIFA, AYSO and US Club Soccer (ECNL). Funny enough, with respect to ECNL, the complaint states that "US Club Soccer’s Official Policies as of November 5, 2012, do not mention concussions, concussion protocols, or concussion-related playing rules." Instead, ECNL simply "references a link to U.S. Soccer’s concussion guidelines." It also states "US Club Soccer has not instituted any rules with respect to concussion management, return-to-play guidelines or limitations on heading that differ in any material respects from FIFA."

I guess ECNL must really hate children if they just follow US Soccer and FIFA's policies with respect to concussions.

Man, I've got you pretty wound up.

You are making a straw man argument. I never said ECNL or USSF currently have inadequate concussion rules. I have said that USSF previously had inadequate concussion rules (a problem never shared by ECNL) by virtue of GDA's stupid no-reentry/limited substitution rules. I have said that the GDA's no-reentry/limited substitution rules continue to be stupid and inadequate because concussions aren't the only medical emergency that justifies an exception. In GDA, coaches are still unnecessarily forced to make rushed health and safety decisions. There is no legitimate reason for those rules. Keep trying to change the subject...

As a peace offering, there is one thing about GDA that is better than ECNL. GDA puts the best players from two age groups together, which provides an opportunity for players to train and play at a higher overall level. With one year age groups, the elite talent tends to get overly diluted at many clubs, which holds everyone back.

Not the end of the world, just GDA. You and the rest of the GDA Mafia only think I'm predicting the end of the world because GDA means the world to you.
Your rhetoric is repetitive, biased, and hateful. Speaking to you is like talking to a cracked mirror. Jaded and with a skewed image. Nothing different can ever be presented to you if it does not agree with your distorted sensibility. All the studies/claims/accusations that you have presented can be easily manipulated to accuse any league of the same things you continue to make here. It's all how you package it and not difficult at all. I am sure you will counter with the same points, but its not your decision. It's my kids. She declined ECNL. And, for great reasons. Thank goodness she does not need to deal with pessimistic and negative ideas spewing from individuals such as yourself, otherwise she would quit the game. Only the game means something to me and her. And your idea of it is ruined.

Last edited:
As a peace offering, there is one thing about GDA that is better than ECNL. GDA puts the best players from two age groups together, which provides an opportunity for players to train and play at a higher overall level. With one year age groups, the elite talent tends to get overly diluted at many clubs, which holds everyone back.
One other advantage is that GDA does not seem to care about the opinions of member club directors. The problem that ECNL had back in the day that allow GDA to form so quickly and challenge ECNL is that the management actively helped clubs maintain monopolies in certain areas. I have not seen that with GDA yet. In reality, they are both completely unneeded in SoCal as we have enough teams to form our own league.

GDA also has every game filmed. Seems small, but its a huge plus. Parents don't have to travel, but still get to see every game. It's also an excellent tool to help a kid improve. ECNL should implement this requirement. I'm sure it will once one of the club directors forms a video company that ECNL will then mandate all clubs use. ;)

Back