New Empire (Temecula) Surf!

temecs

BRONZE
Anyone have the latest information on this?
Surf’s Newest Partner, Empire Surf - Surf Nation

Anyone have the latest information on this?
Surf’s Newest Partner, Empire Surf - Surf Nation
Sounds like Albion SC Temecula (where Mark Connelly is Director) and some other Riverside/Murrieta club are merging and affiliating with Surf, but I'm not sure the second club. Albion Riverside would have the clubs to combine with Albion Temecula for 50 teams, but that's just a guess.

Sounds like Albion SC Temecula (where Mark Connelly is Director) and some other Riverside/Murrieta club are merging and affiliating with Surf, but I'm not sure the second club. Albion Riverside would have the clubs to combine with Albion Temecula for 50 teams, but that's just a guess.
Not City SC?

Not City SC?
You could be right, but if it was City SC Temecula, I think they would describe it as larger than 50 teams, because City SC Temecula has 40+ teams (unless they are counting post-merger consolidation).

Of course, I could be misreading the press release and the reference to "two successful youth clubs . . . join[ing] forces to become Empire Surf Club" could just be about Surf and City SC Temecula.

weird they just didn't say what two teams in the announcement...if it's a secret then why announce? if it's not, then why not provide the specifics?

San Diego, CA., December 5, 2022— In the world of youth sports, the Surf brand is renowned for professionalism, elite event management, high-quality coaching, and, most importantly, a deep commitment to player development, resulting in hundreds of all-American athletes and thousands of scholarships.
Empire Surf players and families will have access to the elite training fields of Galway Downs, the Surf Select player pathway, and will benefit from all aspects of the Surf Nation family. Empire Surf will be THE premier youth soccer organization throughout the Temecula and Murrieta communities. We will provide everything our players need to achieve their athletic dreams and ambitions.
The top players from Empire Surf will have direct access to Surf Select, an unprecedented identification program built through Surf Nation

It's Temecula Albion and Temecula Legends combining. They're hoping they can lure kids away from Murrieta Soccer Academy. Apparently Surf is still upset that MSA grew too big and didn't need to pay the franchise fee anymore. Parents will pay higher fees and uniforms every year and still get the same program they're currently paying for. MSA already took the girls program from Temecula Legends and Temecula Legends boys program are awful. So it made sense for Temecula Legends to sell. Surf will fail in Temecula because they can't compete with Murrieta and the programs they offer. MLS Next and DP.

Great talent (market) in the Temecula/Murrieta Valley.
I agree + have always thought Temecula / Murrieta is a Socal powerhouse waiting to happen. It's unfortunate that all the talent goes south to Surf/CitySC, north to Legends, or west over the hill to Blues (For the Girls).

I mean come on... Get some of the Wineries to sponsor events and parents can do wine tasting + food + etc etc etc. Also parents in that area know soccer + Galway Downs isnt great but it's not that bad either.

I've seen teams registered for events as Socal Elite Empire Surf. It was previously stated the merge was Albion Temecula and Legends. Seems like Socal Elite is in the mix too. Is this how Socal Elite gets around being booted from SOCAL soccer League?

I've seen teams registered for events as Socal Elite Empire Surf. It was previously stated the merge was Albion Temecula and Legends. Seems like Socal Elite is in the mix too. Is this how Socal Elite gets around being booted from SOCAL soccer League?

Which tournament, gender, and age was that?

That is the first I have seen that. Although, I do not track the older girls much. I'll find out why that name is combined.

Back