New D.O.C. for the Rangers

Fullerton Rangers have announced their new DOC

The Fullerton Rangers Board of Directors are excited to announce: effective April 1st 2019, Coach Demian Brown will rejoin the organization as the new Director of Coaching (DOC) and will address key areas of our club competitive program in addition to having oversight of all programs within the Fullerton Rangers umbrella: Club competitive, Recreation and Signature, with the goal of enhancing the playing experience for all players and to improve transitional pathways within our organization.

Coach Demian brings a vast level of expertise and vision across all levels, from the youngest ages at youth recreational to the most competitive levels of college division 1 soccer. Coach Demian brings an infectious energy and is highly motivated to return to the Fullerton Rangers. His arrival promises to add an exciting chapter in the long and storied 52 year history of the Fullerton Rangers.

In 2016, Coach Jeremy Brownell was nominated by his fellow coaches to step into the DOC role at a critical time and provided much needed leadership, stability and integrity. Coach Jeremy’s steadfast resolve, dedication and unwavering commitment in an ever changing soccer landscape, is a big reason why the Fullerton Rangers competitive program continues today and why our recreational program has made significant improvements. The Fullerton Rangers are grateful for Coach Jeremy’s contributions that span a remarkable 20 years. He is the only Fullerton Rangers Coach to have guided (3) teams to CSL League Cup Championships in the same season (2015).

Demian Brown is entering his 12th season as head coach of the Cal State Fullerton women’s soccer program, Brown has steered the Titans to four Big West regular season championships (co-2007, 2012, 2014, tri-2015) and five Big West Tournament championships (2007, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017) representing the league as the Big West’s automatic qualifier at the NCAA Tournament for three straight years (2013, 2014, 2015) in addition to the Titans’ postseason trips in 2007 and 2017.

The third head coach in the history of the Titan program hired in February of 2007, Brown has managed an 104-91-30(.530) overall record and a 49-33-8 (.590) mark in Big West Conference play.

During his tenure, Brown has been voted the Big West Conference Coach of the Year on three occasions (2007, 2012, 2014).

Over the last 14 years as both an assistant coach and head coach, Brown has helped the Titans to six Big West regular season titles (2004, 2005, 2007, 2012, 2014, 2015), seven conference tournament crowns (2005, 2006, 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017) and seven appearances in the NCAA Tournament - including a trip to the “Sweet 16” in 2005 a second round berth in 2006 and first round trips in 2007, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017.

A 1997 graduate of Cal State Fullerton with a degree in communications, Brown was a four-year letter winner as a defender for the Titans from 1992-94 and 1996, helping Fullerton to the semifinals of the 1993 College Cup.

He was selected to the 1993 NCAA All-Tournament Team and was a two-time All-MPSF selection, finishing his career with four goals and three assists. Brown also competed in the 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival in St. Louis.

It is odd that they don't mention his other job as head coach of CSUF Women's Soccer team.

Maybe they didn't want to come across as tone deaf?? Scandal meets scandal. Have not heard anything bad about him as a coach but not really sure about the timing of this development. It would seem to me that with the scandal involving coaches, that coach college programs and have club connections (is that how Salcedo funneled the bribery money?), that a college coach would steer clear of anything that might give off an appearance of impropriety. Particularly a soccer club with the shady history of that club. How many hundreds of thousands were stolen? It was a crazy number to be sure.

They did clean house after that unfortunate event perpetrated by a bad individual, I don’t think it’s fair to address the club as one with shady history.
Same goes for the integrity and reputation of the vast majority of college coaches that follow the rules.

I don’t think anyone is bribing $500k to get their kid into Cal-State Fullerton.

Edit: it’s a fine school. Wouldn’t be surprised if my kid ends up going there. But not a school someone would bribe their way in to.

Last edited:
This was posted on another thread a few days ago. I thought Jeremy Brownwell was a good choice. Glad he was able steer the club in a positive direction. I did have a question. Was his appointment always an interim one? Or did he feel it was time?

Agreed, Coach Jeremy has done a world of good to that club but the organization felt it was time to move into a new direction and when the opportunity came up, Damien Brown was of course a no-brainer.

Even if I hate playing vs Fullerton, The club is putting out some great teams in the girls side and the boys as well.

Do not know the coaches, but they must be doing something right to have great teams.

Back