Neighbors Sue City of San Diego over Surf Cup overusage

I have to say I have a certain sympathy for the "rich NIMBYS" in this instance. Based on this thread, this really proliferated from 2015/16 to the extent that its now 25 weekends of the year. I know from going to Surf that traffic can be an absolute shit show getting in and out, and I can't imagine what it would be like to be a long term home owner and having to deal with that for half the weekends of the year.

I'm absolutely certain that if someone decided to do the same where I've happily lived for a long time and basically told me to suck it up, I'd be pretty pissed, and if I had their $$$, I'd be doing the same as them. TBH, I don't doubt that most on this thread would probably be the same!!
Surf Cup Sports should put in "Locals Only" lanes on the affected roads.

I have to say I have a certain sympathy for the "rich NIMBYS" in this instance. Based on this thread, this really proliferated from 2015/16 to the extent that its now 25 weekends of the year. I know from going to Surf that traffic can be an absolute shit show getting in and out, and I can't imagine what it would be like to be a long term home owner and having to deal with that for half the weekends of the year.

I'm absolutely certain that if someone decided to do the same where I've happily lived for a long time and basically told me to suck it up, I'd be pretty pissed, and if I had their $$$, I'd be doing the same as them. TBH, I don't doubt that most on this thread would probably be the same!!
I would empathize with the community if they weren't against expanding the roads to accomodate for growth. We can't have the entire city expanding except RSF. RSF HOA is being unrealistic.

If RSF HOAs are not careful, they'll get much worse than occassional traffic jams on the weekend. They might get multiple lane expansions and ONE Paso style development or an SDSU expansion campus.

I would empathize with the community if they weren't against expanding the roads to accomodate for growth. We can't have the entire city expanding except RSF. RSF HOA is being unrealistic.

If RSF HOAs are not careful, they'll get much worse than occassional traffic jams on the weekend. They might get multiple lane expansions and ONE Paso style development or an SDSU expansion campus.
Rancho Santa Fe is not in the city limits.

Back