National Premier League Soccer

I appreciate the minor league soccer teams and what they are doing, however I am unlikely to go see a game the same way I am unlikely to go to a minor league baseball game. With Major League teams (LA Galaxy and LAFC) locally I would be more likely to go to their game vs a lower level game. I can see people that live in more rural areas would more likely support their minor league teams as that may be their only reasonably distanced option. For example in baseball the Lake Elsinore Storm probably do well enough considering how far it is to get to Anaheim or LA.

I do want to go check out the stadium at OC Great Park though at least once. I think if they allowed youth teams to use it every once in a while it would create a desire to go there to see professional games. National Cup finals or something special like that.

My DDs and I plan to attend some local games this year. We've been to Liga MX games the past couple seasons. Went to one MLS game when I got free tickets - never again. No atmosphere, poor soccer and don't see point as the teams are just MLS franchises.

On a semi-related topic, the World Cup has been insanely fun so far..... hope it continues.

I appreciate the minor league soccer teams and what they are doing, however I am unlikely to go see a game the same way I am unlikely to go to a minor league baseball game. With Major League teams (LA Galaxy and LAFC) locally I would be more likely to go to their game vs a lower level game. I can see people that live in more rural areas would more likely support their minor league teams as that may be their only reasonably distanced option. For example in baseball the Lake Elsinore Storm probably do well enough considering how far it is to get to Anaheim or LA.

I do want to go check out the stadium at OC Great Park though at least once. I think if they allowed youth teams to use it every once in a while it would create a desire to go there to see professional games. National Cup finals or something special like that.
Our NPSL team plays at the Championship Stadium at the Great Park and it is a top notch stadium. It really makes the games a lot of fun for families and for the players.

...It really makes the games a lot of fun for families and for the players.

I just spent 10 minutes on your website trying to get an understanding of what the fan/family experience might be for my family of 5 if I attended. Found ticket prices easily, but I was especially interested in knowing food and beverage (non-alcoholic and alcoholic) options and pricing.

Couldn't find it on the website ... bye bye ... marketing failure.

I just spent 10 minutes on your website trying to get an understanding of what the fan/family experience might be for my family of 5 if I attended. Found ticket prices easily, but I was especially interested in knowing food and beverage (non-alcoholic and alcoholic) options and pricing.

Couldn't find it on the website ... bye bye ... marketing failure.
Thanks for your input and sorry you think we failed at marketing our food and beverage menu. We are working on this for next year as our fan base is growing. We do not sell alcohol due to cost restraints at the stadium. We would have to hire police officers for every entrance and exit. We do have a concession stand that sells non alcohol drinks and snacks.

What was your experience with the games as a fan
I've never been to one of your games, but my experience in the past at small-time pro or semi-pro games is that the best experiences are where the players are accessible and connected to the fans. It's the biggest advantage that minor league sports have (besides affordability) over major leagues. I have been to some semi-pro games where the athletes are pretty aloof, don't really acknowledge the fans very much. Players who go out of their way to high five or otherwise engage little kids in attendance will do wonders for getting return ticket sales.

Went to a few OCSC games before they moved into the new stadium. It's just a beautiful place to watch a match, especially a late afternoon or early evening match.

Great atmosphere if you sat in the supporters section behind the goal. You also get to heckle the opposing goalkeeper up close...........for those who have pent-up urge but couldn't do so at youth soccer :)

Back