National Cup

Weekend of updates! Most top seeded teams lost and need to win big next week. 5 of 8 brackets will be decided by Goal Differential.

We were absolutely embarrassing all weekend. We had probably 70-80% possession is both of our games and couldn't find a way to score a single goal. Very frustrating to say the least. We don't deserve to advance after this past weekend. Best of luck to those that do.

Good coaching is usually what helps make the difference between champions and the rest. A team whose coach can't make in game adjustments, makes ill-timed susbstitutions, and who insists on letting less-talented subs steal minutes from starters, and who invariably blames every failure on his team -rather than holding himself accountable - is doomed. No amount of screaming, constant negativity and criticism will ever change that. Good luck to the coaches who know the difference and seem to always make noise at National Cup.

Good coaching is usually what helps make the difference between champions and the rest. A team whose coach can't make in game adjustments, makes ill-timed susbstitutions, and who insists on letting less-talented subs steal minutes from starters, and who invariably blames every failure on his team -rather than holding himself accountable - is doomed. No amount of screaming, constant negativity and criticism will ever change that. Good luck to the coaches who know the difference and seem to always make noise at National Cup.
Hi Mike.

Luckily, our coach doesn't have to do that. Lost our striker on Saturday to a potential Ibra level knee injury, then two more on Sunday to end with 10. Luckily, the boy that went out 10 minutes into the first half was willing to stand in the middle of the field until the game ended. :) I think attrition will also be a factor in who comes out, WC may not even make it out of bracket. In their defense, they are already through due to CRL.

Luckily, our coach doesn't have to do that. Lost our striker on Saturday to a potential Ibra level knee injury, then two more on Sunday to end with 10. Luckily, the boy that went out 10 minutes into the first half was willing to stand in the middle of the field until the game ended. :) I think attrition will also be a factor in who comes out, WC may not even make it out of bracket. In their defense, they are already through due to CRL.

Sorry to hear about your injuries. Makes your comeback on sunday that much more impressive.

Sorry to hear about your injuries. Makes your comeback on sunday that much more impressive.
Same kid that has his arm broken in the game over the summer with you guys. Been a rough season for him. Not that impressive, if you want my opinion....

Same kid that has his arm broken in the game over the summer with you guys. Been a rough season for him. Not that impressive, if you want my opinion....

Oh no. That is rough for him. Hopefully he makes it back soon. At least the comeback gave you a chance to advance.

And I bet you are a professional coach who knows everything. Why don't you find another coach or better say you start coaching. I bet the team wont miss you a bit

It will be interesting to see the results this weekend. I bet advancement in most of the brackets will be beyond goal differential. So many teams NEED to win to have a chance. Very few look to be completely out of the picture. Should make for competitive games. . Good luck to all and I hope it rolls your way .... unless it is suppose to roll our way ( let's be honest).

Last week was as bad for the top seeded B2002 teams as it was for the B2001s!

My two cents;

Group A:
1. SB and United advance. WC has to win by 4 goals, they are more than capable, but unlikely.

Group B:
2. WC-C and Anaheim PDA advance. Oxnard is a kick ball team, cover their forward and they are done. Probably the most talented team, but worst coached.

Group C:
3. Strikers and Crusaders will play for a tie an both advance. Surf will come out strong and win big, but won't help.

Group D:
4. Rangers and OC Premier. Both will win their games.

Group E:
5. LA United and Albion. Albion will play their hearts out and come out with a W!

Group F:
6. TFA-FCLA and La Esperanza. TFA-FCLA is in, top seeded team! No point of risking injuries, should be obvious. La Esperanza will have a great game and come out with a W.

Group G:
7. Laguna and PATs IRV. AC Brea has lots to prove and will come out with a W.

Group H:
8. Fram and PATs HB. Fram will regret if they don't eliminate Downey!

Back to my beers! Thoughts???

Best of luck to all teams and boys! Stay safe!

Well some interesting results in yesterday's games. Congrats to all of the teams moving on to the quarter finals today. We, LAGSD definitely feel like the soccer gods are not on our side when playing Brea. Our game was 12 mins away from counting last weekend with a 2-0 score line at the time which would have put us through. Instead when games were called, we had to start over yesterday and credit to Brea for coming out hungrier once given a second chance and tying us 3-3. This is same team we drew with in league after getting the game winner in last minute of play on a PK that the ref called off for a unknown new rule he invented that day called the "offsides PK". Good luck to the teams today and to all for next season.

Well some interesting results in yesterday's games. Congrats to all of the teams moving on to the quarter finals today. We, LAGSD definitely feel like the soccer gods are not on our side when playing Brea. Our game was 12 mins away from counting last weekend with a 2-0 score line at the time which would have put us through. Instead when games were called, we had to start over yesterday and credit to Brea for coming out hungrier once given a second chance and tying us 3-3. This is same team we drew with in league after getting the game winner in last minute of play on a PK that the ref called off for a unknown new rule he invented that day called the "offsides PK". Good luck to the teams today and to all for next season.

"Offsides PK"? Can you elaborate? Sounds like an interesting story.

Back