Moving to OC (2010 and 2012)

Hey All!

My family will be moving to Orange Country this summer with two ECNL players (2010 and a pre-ECNL 2012) in Texas. I am curious to get you or advice on clubs that are in the Laguna/San Juan Cap/Irvine area that would be a good fit for my boys. They are great players and consider their teammates great friends. I am following the ECNL rankings but want to find a team with great coaching, especially with GKs.

I have been driving a 1+ hour to practices but would like a team closer to home.

Any advice I am willing to listen too! I feel like I know the Texas soccer world but with CA I am a bit lost!

Thank you in advance!

There are a number of MLS Next (SoCal Reds Strikers), ECNL (Slammers, Pateadores), EA and other options for boys in the south OC area. You also have north SD county as options if willing to drive further.

Assuming you're closer to Laguna/SJ, your best bet closest to home is probably West Coast FC (ECNL club) or Laguna United (EA club).

Coming up to Irvine will get you SoCal Reds aka Liverpool (MLS Next), Pateadores (ECNL), and Strikers (MLS Next).

Drive down south and you've got Del Mar Sharks (ECNL) though they seem to be at the bottom for like every age group...

Further south and you've got the SDSC Surf and the San Diego Surf (both ECNL).

If you wanna stay in ECNL and not drive an hour, West Coast and Pats are probably the only options unless I'm missing a team...

If you don't mind not playing high school, then the most competitive teams would probably be Strikers and Liverpool/Reds (both MLS Next) without going too far.

Good luck!

Back