Mid-season Eagles DPL contract

They hold all the cards in just about all situations. Without access to the parent's wallet, they go out of business and a lot of "non-profit volunteers" are out of some well paid jobs. Bottom line, parents should always band together on every team to decide the direction of the team, and it should be done early so parents know if the team is a fit for their children.

One of the reasons that sooo many coaches create conflict and division on their own teams is to combat parent unity. Think about that the next time one of those weasels comes up to you and talks sh*t about another parent or about a player that might not be as good as yours.

Having said that, I would bet a handsome sum that 99% of those eagles players signed that contract. Management knew they would before they put it out there. You may even have a few that did that then will come onto this forum or others and talk about how they have been wronged - Not quite accurate as the people signing it have chosen to do so rather than to exercise the power of their pocketbooks.
Wisdom right there. Parents should unite. The organizer will be ousted so thats why it won't happen. But if everyone takes up for that person then they will all benefit. Its like Labor unions when they unite as one they have leverage. if they go in one by one its like lining up to the slaughter house......no this isn't about unions so save it. its an example.

A friend at Eagles SC asked me to post this. As if that club doesn't have enough problems to deal with, they are now forcing their DPL teams to sign the attached contract. Anyone refusing to sign doesn't get to play. This was just sprung on them midseason.

There's a lot of BS in there about forcing kids to play DA when they don't want to, but as an outsider, the clause that jumped out at me was the one where they require new season registration payments in May, or else you don't get to play the May, June, July of the old season.

Do any other DA clubs require this kind of contract? Ours does not.
So, Glen Dandy, did your Eagles friend sign the contract??

So, Glen Dandy, did your Eagles friend sign the contract??

Glad you asked!

The 01s signed the contract that I posted. One 01 refused and was dismissed.

The 03s signed a highly edited "Memorandum of Understanding" (sorry, don't have a copy). One 03 family quit after a heated discussion with the club president during contract discussions.

The 04s signed without incident.

Now that the outrage has settled, the parents' attitude seems to be "good luck enforcing it".

Now that the outrage has settled, the parents' attitude seems to be "good luck enforcing it".

They pressured parents to sign it now they will pressure parents to comply with the same threats of diissal from the roster and club - all they have to do is not put your DAD on the roster for games and tournaments - or sit her in the bench and never play

They pressured parents to sign it now they will pressure parents to comply with the same threats of diissal from the roster and club - all they have to do is not put your DAD on the roster for games and tournaments - or sit her in the bench and never play

Whatever their agenda is it appears to have little with soccer player development. Is it possible the club could be dismissed from the program?

Whatever their agenda is it appears to have little with soccer player development. Is it possible the club could be dismissed from the program?
Well it seems like if there was ever grounds to do it this would be it. I guess we’ll see what US soccer is made of. I truly hope thatsomeone took the time to notify them of whats been going on over at Eagles

In my experience, US Soccer will do nothing. Soccer in the US is not about development of the US player. Across the US, there are some clubs that DO develop some players but that is separate from USSF. Their mission is more of an extension of FIFA. Exist so that we can give the appearance that we are doing something, all while siphoning off as much cash as possible for the chumps in charge. Over one hundred million in the bank isn't enough to develop a single player apparently. Isn't their (USSF) next meeting the that famous hotbed of soccer talent, Lake Tahoe? Why would US Soccer need to have a meeting in Lake Tahoe? Luxury Hotels, Private Charters and Limos to get there and get around? If these a-holes really cared about Soccer, get close to a place where they actually play soccer. There are nice hotels in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Atlanta, Dallas, just to name a few. Why choose a place so far out of the way and someone difficult to access? It is so they can enjoy Champagne and Caviar in relative privacy.

US Soccer, Cal South has allowed clubs to operate unchecked and with impunity for decades. With the creation of DA, US Soccer effectively passed on having any real structure of management and gave the individual clubs free reign to do as they please. The only caveat being they follow the mandated rules, like Powerade coolers and what else dd’s Can’t do. This Eagles thing is the beginning of what I believe is a new day for US girls soccer. Clubs using the allure of DA and it’s power of exclusiveness, supposed access to high level college, and national team training as a means to extort money from families. We will see increases in non refundable deposits for DA tryouts, fees and contracts to hold hostage players, increase in DA and non DA club fees disguised as “operating costs”, increase in team “fundraising events”, increase in uniform fees, increase in fees for club mandated strength training and fitness, increases is fees for athletic training medical services, and non disclosure agreements and code of conduct clauses with player punishment built in, etc. DA is designed to control the source of money and funnel it into US Soccers coffers. Only 1 college ID camp per year pending approval and only in offseason. Why? Because it’s strengthens the power of DA and the club if they are the only manner to get to a college. Clubs work in unison rather than in opposition to each other in order to create a geographic monopoly over families to raise their bottom line and increase clubs financial power to recruit coaches exert influence and increase DOC pay. I don’t blame any parent for signing that document. What was their choice? Where would your DD go? It was a dick move by a club that knew parents would sign it. I’d actually not be surprised that the clubs closest to Eagles will be doing the same thing soon. One actually already does. Each time we as parents sign away anything even the most benign document we lessen our power as consumers and inturn embolden these clubs to further erode youth soccer. Furthermore these instances also have the secondary effect of taking parents attention off of soccer and player development, how coaches coach, is the club helping my DD, and refocus our attention to off the field lunancy.

In my experience, US Soccer will do nothing. Soccer in the US is not about development of the US player. Across the US, there are some clubs that DO develop some players but that is separate from USSF. Their mission is more of an extension of FIFA. Exist so that we can give the appearance that we are doing something, all while siphoning off as much cash as possible for the chumps in charge. Over one hundred million in the bank isn't enough to develop a single player apparently. Isn't their (USSF) next meeting the that famous hotbed of soccer talent, Lake Tahoe? Why would US Soccer need to have a meeting in Lake Tahoe? Luxury Hotels, Private Charters and Limos to get there and get around? If these a-holes really cared about Soccer, get close to a place where they actually play soccer. There are nice hotels in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Atlanta, Dallas, just to name a few. Why choose a place so far out of the way and someone difficult to access? It is so they can enjoy Champagne and Caviar in relative privacy.
Ah. Sounds like any
US Soccer, Cal South has allowed clubs to operate unchecked and with impunity for decades. With the creation of DA, US Soccer effectively passed on having any real structure of management and gave the individual clubs free reign to do as they please. The only caveat being they follow the mandated rules, like Powerade coolers and what else dd’s Can’t do. This Eagles thing is the beginning of what I believe is a new day for US girls soccer. Clubs using the allure of DA and it’s power of exclusiveness, supposed access to high level college, and national team training as a means to extort money from families. We will see increases in non refundable deposits for DA tryouts, fees and contracts to hold hostage players, increase in DA and non DA club fees disguised as “operating costs”, increase in team “fundraising events”, increase in uniform fees, increase in fees for club mandated strength training and fitness, increases is fees for athletic training medical services, and non disclosure agreements and code of conduct clauses with player punishment built in, etc. DA is designed to control the source of money and funnel it into US Soccers coffers. Only 1 college ID camp per year pending approval and only in offseason. Why? Because it’s strengthens the power of DA and the club if they are the only manner to get to a college. Clubs work in unison rather than in opposition to each other in order to create a geographic monopoly over families to raise their bottom line and increase clubs financial power to recruit coaches exert influence and increase DOC pay. I don’t blame any parent for signing that document. What was their choice? Where would your DD go? It was a dick move by a club that knew parents would sign it. I’d actually not be surprised that the clubs closest to Eagles will be doing the same thing soon. One actually already does. Each time we as parents sign away anything even the most benign document we lessen our power as consumers and inturn embolden these clubs to further erode youth soccer. Furthermore these instances also have the secondary effect of taking parents attention off of soccer and player development, how coaches coach, is the club helping my DD, and refocus our attention to off the field lunancy.
The rules and regulations are in place to protect and to benefit the adults in the organization, not the kids. What just happened at Eagles set a bad precedent for other DA clubs to follow. Sad to say nutmeg, I agree with you, this is probably only the beginning.

Back