Mid-season Eagles DPL contract

It could've been written by some combination of Buddy and Steve Sampson then signed off on by Steve who is salaried at around $140K per year from Eagles parents dues.

No... Couldn't possibly be Buddy since he has an Ethics training certificate to his name...

What a crock.

Did anyone else notice that on the PV web site

http://www.pvrpd.org/administration/directors/kelley.asp

That ethics training certificate probably took years to achieve.

Looking at it now...

I stand corrected. I says two hours.

Again ill circle back to the Eagles having a Monopoly on PV Fields to respond here.

Ventura County area is a thriving area for soccer. They need more club options for a higher level of competition other then Eagles. These smaller clubs around the area can never grow due to the crummy facilities some teams are forced to practice on.

Bob "Buddy" Kelley and his position as a board member for the park and req district has made it his #1 directive to keep other Club Teams off PV fields to protect the growth of the Eagles and PAD his wife's salary.

This in so many ways has forced players and parents to stay with the Eagles even if they are unhappy because your only other option is lower tier play or lots of time stuck on the 101 Freeway.

Again we are dealing with a 55 acre park with 23 acres of turf and your telling me not even two club teams can practice on the same field together?

I say again, band together, request for the item to be put on the city council agenda and present your case. Make sure the residents argue that there exists a conflict of interest forcing one or the other to step aside. Follow up your positions with letting the council know you will vote in the next election and actually do it. Don't expect a government worker to just do the right thing on their own as that would go against the very belief system and fabric of someone seeks out a position of power like that to begin with.

No... Couldn't possibly be Buddy since he has an Ethics training certificate to his name...

What a crock.

Did anyone else notice that on the PV web site

http://www.pvrpd.org/administration/directors/kelley.asp

All that is fine and dandy but is there a potential issue here with enforceable actions?? The ethics certificate is related to the required ethics training that all public officials must complete on a regular basis (AB1234) .

On the Fair Political Practices Commission website that is in charge of administration of the Political Reform Act (http://www.fppc.ca.gov/) these are the enforceable actions:

"Enforceable Violations of the Act
The following is a list of violations that the FPPC regularly enforces:

• Financial conflicts of interest
  • Laundered campaign contributions
  • Over-the-limit gifts and contributions
  • Improper use of campaign funds, including personal use
  • Campaign mass mailings at public expense
  • False, inadequate, or inaccurate reporting on statements of economic interests, campaign statements and reports
  • Non-filing or late filing of such statements and reports
  • Anonymous or cash contributions of $100 or more"
He is required to remove himself from any discussiona or voting on matters that have a conflict of interest. I would guess that any voting activities about the Eagles use of the fields or the negotiated fees would fall under that. Did he remove himself from those discussions as a District Board Member?

Again ill circle back to the Eagles having a Monopoly on PV Fields to respond here.

Ventura County area is a thriving area for soccer. They need more club options for a higher level of competition other then Eagles. These smaller clubs around the area can never grow due to the crummy facilities some teams are forced to practice on.

Bob "Buddy" Kelley and his position as a board member for the park and req district has made it his #1 directive to keep other Club Teams off PV fields to protect the growth of the Eagles and PAD his wife's salary.

This in so many ways has forced players and parents to stay with the Eagles even if they are unhappy because your only other option is lower tier play or lots of time stuck on the 101 Freeway.

Again we are dealing with a 55 acre park with 23 acres of turf and your telling me not even two club teams can practice on the same field together?

According to their 1915 IRS 990 filing, Ms President Kelley gets no salary. Sampson still draws over $50,000 as "Technical Consultant".

Politics 101

When you cant directly vote, push your agenda through others directly involved.

Understand, the people who need to join together to get this clown out are scared because they are involved directly with Eagles SC and are afraid of their kids being black listed if the vote is denied again.

Here's just a snip from some of Buddys actions in 2014.

Do you spell "Buddy" with one or two L's?

Politics 101

When you cant directly vote, push your agenda through others directly involved.

Understand, the people who need to join together to get this clown out are scared because they are involved directly with Eagles SC and are afraid of their kids being black listed if the vote is denied again.

Here's just a snip from some of Buddys actions in 2014.

Interesting. The backstory here is that Eagles uses Valle Lindo Park, which is adjacent to an elementary school. One of the portable classrooms backs up to the grass where the Eagles practice (this is an overflow practice field for lower level Eagles teams). What happens (or use to happen) is that the Eagles players would use the back of the portable classroom as a wall to kick the ball against. After many years of doing this they badly damaged the portable (putting holes in it). Eagles would not pay for the damage. School would not pay for the damage. Nobody would pay for it. Bees and who knows what else got into the portable during school hours. Not a good situation for the kids trying to learn in that portable classroom. Eagles could've just done the "right" thing and paid for the damage. But no, Buddy drug it through the mud. In the end, a few years later multiple parties, including the Eagles paid for the repair.

There are many neighbors to that park/school that "do not like" Buddy. They store a big ugly portable light system along with a large pod rusted storage container that is a huge eye sore. Visitors to the fields for practices and games park their car(s) in front of driveways not allowing local residents to come and go. There is one particular neighbor in that area that makes a point to come to just about every Park/Rec board meeting and blast Buddy and Eagles for all of these things. During Buddy's last election campaign this neighbor had a bunch of Buddy Kelly election signs in his yard with a big circle drawn around them with a red line through them. Buddy would often talk about this guy at Eagles meetings. Funny stuff.

The evening that the Monka Soccer Academy families all came to the Park/Rec meeting in force the crazy guy was there. His eyes lit up when he saw another group blasting Buddy and his possible conflict of interest. In this video, Buddy is very rude to the lady speaking. They have a policy of not commenting at these meetings, but Buddy couldn't hold his tongue. Then they reprimand the lady for saying something after they called her back to the podium.

The video snip shows exactly who Buddy is in a nutshell.

He is above the "law" in every situation and will make and break rules with zero repercussions on his end.

Buddy clearly states "im legal counsel. I do these agreements" referring to making the deals with P&R district which in many tax payers opinion is a MAJOR conflict of interest.

Of course this man has direct say in who uses PV Fields 22 acres of turf. How blind can people be?
Buddy feels he is “above the law.”...seems like the kind of leader who would feel justified handling the Vince Thomas situation internally.

What a dick

He seems to be more concerned with his upcoming election than with the damage his club's players have done to a school building. I think the lady had a good point about conflict of interest, which he blatantly (or ignorantly) confirmed.

Is the Park&Rec district separate from the Camarillo city government, and therefore its own little government?

That is what she claims but you do not know that is true. I agree he is a sleaze ball with his conflict of interest but she could also be exaggerating.

He is a member of a committee that controls assets used by the club for which he claims to be the lawyer, and for which his wife is President. Unless he recuses himself from any Committee action dealing with the club, he is setting himself up for an investigation, at least.

Are there any decent legal counsel up there? Sounds like government run amok, for which there are plenty of statutory conflict of interest issues, that some gung ho lawyer could make some good attorney fees on.

What's disturbing about the video was how the mother got hunted down.
That is what she claims but you do not know that is true. I agree he is a sleaze ball with his conflict of interest but she could also be exaggerating.
He is a member of a committee that controls assets used by the club for which he claims to be the lawyer, and for which his wife is President. Unless he recuses himself from any Committee action dealing with the club, he is setting himself up for an investigation, at least.
E is get that there are legal issues with what he is doing. I was responding to the comment that he was "hunting down" the lady. She could be lying or exaggerating.

E is get that there are legal issues with what he is doing. I was responding to the comment that he was "hunting down" the lady. She could be lying or exaggerating.

Watch the video. I, for one, am not referring to what she has to say. Not familiar with the issue. I believe the "hunting down" comment is in reference to what we all can clearly see in the video....She says her 3 minute piece and attempts to walk away as per the rules. Then dickhead calls her back and challenges her (which is fine), but also throws some belittling, all while he and his cronies tell her that she can't speak because her allotment time is up. She walked away and was told to come back to the podium so they could chastise her without allowing her the opportunity to defend herself.

We all know club soccer is a cut-throat business loaded with sleaze balls but this ambulance chaser takes it to a new level. These guys aren't there for the community or for the "children", they are there to enrich themselves with power and money. Simple as that. This type of behavior will continue because the customers allow it. Fine, play the game with them so your children can play but recognize that every time these board members, TD's or DOCs (and more coaches than you think) address you or your team, you are usually talking to a piece of sh*t.

This guy is a total piece of work. I've seen him prevent away teams from warming up on their fields before the games.

Back