Looking for some new Fun/well Run Travel Tournaments

Hey Everyone, Looking for some Really fun/ well run Travel Tournament's for a very solid 09 G flight 1 team from So Cal. We know all the local ones looking out of State.

the CUFA Tahoe popped up . Anyone have any experience with this one ? Yes I know its not Technically out of state but is 8hrs away .

Hey Everyone, Looking for some Really fun/ well run Travel Tournament's for a very solid 09 G flight 1 team from So Cal. We know all the local ones looking out of State.

the CUFA Tahoe popped up . Anyone have any experience with this one ? Yes I know its not Technically out of state but is 8hrs away .
I've always thought a tournament like this would be fun.

Our team went to the CUFA tournament. It was a decent tournament. We played on 4 different fields, 2 in California, 2 in Nevada but were all very close distance to the hotels in Tahoe. One of the fields had that notoriously thick NoCal grass, but the other 3 were normal. Competition was similar to a mid-level So Cal event. I think everyone had a good time and were glad that we went to it. One bit of advice is to make sure you don't have any parents wait too long to make hotel accomodations because the closer it gets to the tournament, the hotels get really pricey. If I recall correctly, it wasn't a Stay to Play tournament, which was nice.

My older daughter's team did the CUFA tournament a few years ago. Agree that the fields are a mix of quality and it's a beautiful time of year to be up in Tahoe. It's not too hot like some summer tournaments (Silverlakes). I thought the altitude affected the intensity of play. We were up in Portland late June for the Addidas Clash at the Border. Portland is a great city. Nice fields and well organized. Didn't feel like you were being nickel and dimed like at Surf. Not as many crazy soccer parents as in California so was a good vibe. Our family took a couple days out at the Oregon Coast as part of the trip.

Tahoe doesn't have the best fields. It's been a few years but we did that tournament and most games were on grass that was 6" tall until the final that was on a big, turf field. Competition was pretty soft, too, but Tahoe is gorgeous and a great bonding experience for kids. We actually rented some houses and had multiple families participate and chip in. The area near stateline with restaurants & shopping is a fun time killer.

The CUFA tournament is fun, because of the location. Love Tahoe! Although the competition is mainly Nor Cal's Silver, Bronze, Copper and Rec level. Not many higher-level teams sign up and like others said some of the fields have pretty tall grass. Davis Legacy and MVLA hold some pretty decent tournaments competition wise if you're looking in Nor Cal.

I haven't personally been to the CUFA Tahoe tournament, but I've heard some good things about it. It's a bit of a drive from So Cal, but if you're up for a road trip, it could be worth it.

Back