League standing and red cards

G03_SD

SILVER ELITE
If two teams are tied in points for first place, and Team A beat Team B but Team A has a red card. Does team A get point(s) deducted for this offense?

If two teams are tied in points for first place, and Team A beat Team B but Team A has a red card. Does team A get point(s) deducted for this offense?

Not exactly. The Presidio League rules on point deductions involve a complicated formula that may or may not cost a team points in the standings depending on the health and attitude of the board member doing the calculation. In general, however, a single red card during the season is not enough to lose positions in the standings.

Does a forfeit loss count as a game with 0 infractions?
No idea how Presidio would apply this, but I would say no. It was not a game played without infractions:
"Points are tracked game by game and can be reduced when games are completed with no infractions being received."

No idea how Presidio would apply this, but I would say no. It was not a game played without infractions:
"Points are tracked game by game and can be reduced when games are completed with no infractions being received."

How about for the team that won by forfeit? They may need that credit to avoid a deduction.

How about for the team that won by forfeit? They may need that credit to avoid a deduction.
Again, I have no idea what Presidio would do. I don't see how the no card credit is intended to be a right, even in a game not played. There was no chance to earn cards, nor a chance to not earn any, so its a wash. For any team that has enough points to get a deduction (after any/all credits), I wouldn't give a credit for a forfeit if I was in charge.

Again, I have no idea what Presidio would do. I don't see how the no card credit is intended to be a right, even in a game not played. There was no chance to earn cards, nor a chance to not earn any, so its a wash. For any team that has enough points to get a deduction (after any/all credits), I wouldn't give a credit for a forfeit if I was in charge.

There is no other organization on Earth that uses as screwy a system as this.

Back