League Cup

lvnsocr

BRONZE
League Cup around the corner - any predictions? Any lower level teams that will rise through the ranks.

I have no ill-will toward TFA B06 - far from it - but I would point out that this would be a fantastic bracket this year if they weren't in it. Any of several teams below TFA a team in gold could take it on their day and the two SE brackets have strong teams that would be licking their chops at the prospect of taking on gold teams.

I have no ill-will toward TFA B06 - far from it - but I would point out that this would be a fantastic bracket this year if they weren't in it. Any of several teams below TFA a team in gold could take it on their day and the two SE brackets have strong teams that would be licking their chops at the prospect of taking on gold teams.

I am going to put TFA in the final of league cup...
Who is the closest team to beat or give them a challenge....
Well, FC Golden State PDA may be the only the only team to have taken points off TFA all year (2-2 tie in league). Plus, they scored almost a third of all goals scored against TFA in league during that one game (2 of the 7 scored against TFA). So, you figure they are probably the closest. They've been inconsistent though and we'll see this weekend when they have a rematch. The other TFA teams also appear capable of making them work for it.

TFA 6-0. Is there really that much of a drop-off from the first line TFA players and the bench or were you actually playing down a man the first game?
Actually there really is no drop off between starters and bench, 1st game they had a sub coach and and an early mental breakdown that cost them a goal and a few injuries late that allowed the tying goal. This game was played with a full healthy squad and their head coach. Out of 4 matches between them 3 were shutouts 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 all TFA wins and one tie.

Actually there really is no drop off between starters and bench, 1st game they had a sub coach and and an early mental breakdown that cost them a goal and a few injuries late that allowed the tying goal. This game was played with a full healthy squad and their head coach. Out of 4 matches between them 3 were shutouts 4-0, 5-0, 6-0 all TFA wins and one tie.
Thanks. That's why I was surprised at the "this weekend we will have a full squad" answer," which implies that the players who subbed for the missing players were a drop off in talent/ability/tactical smarts. Not that there is any shame in that. Most top teams have that vulnerability, but I didn't think TFA was one of them.

On the original question, I suspect that no team other than perhaps one of the other TFA teams is going to give them much of a game in League Cup. Maybe one of the SCDSL Flight 1 teams will be a better match in State Cup, but I don't see it coming from Gold or Silver Elite.

Thanks. That's why I was surprised at the "this weekend we will have a full squad" answer," which implies that the players who subbed for the missing players were a drop off in talent/ability/tactical smarts. Not that there is any shame in that. Most top teams have that vulnerability, but I didn't think TFA was one of them.

On the original question, I suspect that no team other than perhaps one of the other TFA teams is going to give them much of a game in League Cup. Maybe one of the SCDSL Flight 1 teams will be a better match in State Cup, but I don't see it coming from Gold or Silver Elite.
Unless the boys don't show up for Cup games, should be a lock for the finals. Looking forward to seeing other Top Flight squads from other leagues/States via tournaments and State Cup.

TFA strong in the youngers. however does anybody know why TFA is not playing league cup in the 02s 03s 05s.. Very Surprising... Is TFA playing it safe to hold up a reputation??
08-06 very dominant but that's about it !!

You might want to go to those age group threads and try to find out, I only have 1 son in club and he happens to be in this age group.

Thanks!!
This is the only age group that TFA is really talked about so I assume some one here would know
This TFA 06 Academy team is a very special group, they were just awarded the top spot in the nation for their age group by YouthSoccer.com so they get a lot of print in this age group. Curious to see how they manage their success moving forward.

TFA strong in the youngers. however does anybody know why TFA is not playing league cup in the 02s 03s 05s.. Very Surprising... Is TFA playing it safe to hold up a reputation?? Get Real- League Cup is not a Major Tournament and has only a small sampling of top teams that you have been playing with all season.
08-06 very dominant but that's about it !!
Maybe you should check your facts, it's no secret that TFA olders would leave to DA clubs, now they are DA and should be granted more age groups. Get your facts straight- they have other competetive teams that can play with anyone out there.
TFA 05 pre academy are CSL Co-League Champs with Boco, won group in CRL, were finialist for surf and have won most of the top teams.
TFA 05 Academy Won Surf and doing great in DA
TFA 04 Academy were in finalist at Surf and doing great in Academy

Maybe you should check your facts, it's no secret that TFA olders would leave to DA clubs, now they are DA and should be granted more age groups. Get your facts straight- they have other competetive teams that can play with anyone out there.
TFA 05 pre academy are CSL Co-League Champs with Boco, won group in CRL, were finialist for surf and have won most of the top teams.
TFA 05 Academy Won Surf and doing great in DA
TFA 04 Academy were in finalist at Surf and doing great in Academy
Regarding my question in my post, facts are straight buddy!!
I only asked about the teams playing csl 05 03s and 02s which are not in league cup... this thread is regarding league cup,don't know why you brought up the teams playing DA. it has nothing to do with league cup . TFA 04 and top 05 are playing DA everyone knows that . ..
Maybe you should read the post 2 or 3 times before you reply and don't forget to use spell check!!!

Actually, TFA Pre-Academy has NOT beaten any of the top teams except BOCA. They have not beaten Strikers, Albion, Surf, or Legends. And they sit near the bottom in CRL. Those facts are straight.

Actually, TFA Pre-Academy has NOT beaten any of the top teams except BOCA. They have not beaten Strikers, Albion, Surf, or Legends. And they sit near the bottom in CRL. Those facts are straight.[/QUOTE]

Apparently, there was a mistake recording a score, I was in shock seeing Laguna losing 7-0 to a Bronze squad but, it was a mistake, you can only imagine the phone calls that were going on after it was posted...lol. Looking forward to seeing how the other Golden State squad plays though.

Actually, TFA Pre-Academy has NOT beaten any of the top teams except BOCA. They have not beaten Strikers, Albion, Surf, or Legends. And they sit near the bottom in CRL. Those facts are straight.
[/QUOTE]

2005 Pre-academy TFA hasn't beaten any top teams??
Tied SURF in the first game of CRL ( Surf scored in the last minute of play)
Beat Albion in Surf Cup
only played Strikers in the Final of Surf Cup
Lost to Legends in CRL the week after coach was fired and new coach took over.

THOSE FACTS ARE STRAIGHT BUDDY...!!!

cant count this squad out.....

The rest of CRL & National Cup should be interesting!!!

Back