LA Galaxy, where are you?

What are we suppose to do if they're asking us to commit to existing 03 teams when they have not even scheduled Academy/ECNL tryouts? do we gable and wait or commit early?

That OC flyer was taken down yesterday just like that other alternative facts info that has been thrown around. I know it's tryout season but credibility should be important if they want to start off on the right foot.
And looks like they put something up to replace it: http://lagalaxyoc.com/tryout/. Interesting to note that it says "US Development Academy and DAII opportunities (USSDA)". Not sure what that means...like, if you're really good we'll give you a recommendation letter to take with you to the Galaxy tryouts?

What are we suppose to do if they're asking us to commit to existing 03 teams when they have not even scheduled Academy/ECNL tryouts? do we gable and wait or commit early?

Most non-ECNL girls '03 DA tryouts are underway (Beach, LA Premier, Legends ... Pats is even holding DA tryouts for olders already). For the ECNL clubs (or any team over the U12), I would recommend you contact the coach in question if you want to tryout, as they will likely build DA teams from ECNL pools later (adding some top players from affiliated clubs as well). Make whatever conclusion you wish from the lack of tryout information from the MLS affiliate LA Galaxy girls DA program.

There is a new trend for clubs to make general offers and require commitment without telling your child the team and coach they will be playing for. If that is the case, unless the club has top to bottom great coaches and teams in your age group, I suggest you find another club.

Did anybody attend the 2003 - 2005 LAGSB tryouts today? Since they were held at the Stub Hub fields, I guess that's an indication on where the LA Galaxy academy will be drawing their teams from?

Did anybody attend the 2003 - 2005 LAGSB tryouts today? Since they were held at the Stub Hub fields, I guess that's an indication on where the LA Galaxy academy will be drawing their teams from?

Good thing they are keeping that strategy secret. Would not want just anyone to show up.

It may utimately become their fall back position. But most would expect more from a professional organization that cares about the girls DA program.

Don't expect open tryouts for GA. Invites to tryout, trial or train going out to some of the younger in March, older's in April & May form what I heard this past weekend.

Affiliated coaching recommendations and scouting are being used to id potential players, there may be some invitational id type events in the future.

I heard they were panicking there now and giving up control after they were unable to get their first choice directors and not getting any information out.

Back