Kangaroo Leather Ban

All I can say is Dang liberals..they complain about everything. I can hardly wait when it back fires on them.

Having been to Australia numerous times, I can tell you that kangaroos are everywhere and a danger to drivers. We even saw kangaroos in a park in downtown Sydney. F’ing snowflakes don’t want to hurt the cute kangaroos.

In Australia they take a census on the number of Kangaroos. There are roughly 25 million Kangaroos in Australia which is slightly higher than their population. Having a census for them only made me think there really is an issue.

Thanks for the info. I guess it is just wishful thinking that there will be another moretorium. Not many mom and pop stores in North San Diego. I guess I'll try LA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Copa 17.1 is k leather and sold locally. My kiddo loves them. We got ours at soccerloco about 6 months ago. Are they not selling them any more?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Copa 17.1 is k leather and sold locally. My kiddo loves them. We got ours at soccerloco about 6 months ago. Are they not selling them any more?
Its against the law to sell them and you post that SL is selling them? Do you hate SL? Do you hate the opportunity to buy them? :mad:

Its against the law to sell them and you post that SL is selling them? Do you hate SL? Do you hate the opportunity to buy them? :mad:

No, but if others want them, get them now. Because we bought two pair. So I am only suggesting....wouldn't you want to know? Maybe it was an error or some sort of fluke, but take advantage when you can. SL may not even be aware. Come on, have you ever talked to those guys that work there. o_O

To my knowledge SL hasn’t been selling them
For more than a year. It’s quite possible the sold you something other than that.

It isn’t a salesperson that will hold those back. They’ve been held back on the corporate level.

To my knowledge SL hasn’t been selling them
For more than a year. It’s quite possible the sold you something other than that.

It isn’t a salesperson that will hold those back. They’ve been held back on the corporate level.

To my knowledge, they are full on 17.1 and say they are KLeather. Copa 17.1 are not copa mundial, but the updated version. maybe a mistake, who knows, but it happened. Other option, try ebay and trust your luck!

All I can say is Dang liberals..they complain about everything. I can hardly wait when it back fires on them.
The ban was put in place by Governor Reagan. The legislature approved a moratorium on the ban in 2007, and extended it in 2010, but it expired in 2016. The leading proponent for extending the moratorium was a Democratic assemblyman from So Cal (who specifically highlighted the importance of kangaroo leather in soccer) but the bill died, it seems largely because of opposition to the "gut and amend" procedure he used to introduce the bill. When the moratorium was extended in 2010 there were a fair number of Republicans who voted against the extension (my guess to protect the California cattle industry). It seems there's an odd alignment of interests for and against the ban.

Does anyone know the current state of the kangaroo leather ban in California? Does it look like there might be another moratorium or is this ban now finally set in place? I cannot find any current information on it and would like to get a new pair of cleats soon.
The store that sells our team uniforms stocks k-leather cleats. I've also had no problem purchasing them on Nike.com and having them shipped to CA.

Having been to Australia numerous times, I can tell you that kangaroos are everywhere and a danger to drivers....

The last time I was in Australia, I drove from Sydney to Brisbane on the backroads (roughly bit further than LA to SF distance)

There were signs posted everywhere every few miles, saying if you hit a roo, bring it to a vet and they will take care of them - no questions asked.

I'm surprised that you guys are talking about this. Don't you all just buy $300 synthetic Nike flyknit cleats that rip every 4~5 months and replace. Right?

The ban was put in place by Governor Reagan. The legislature approved a moratorium on the ban in 2007, and extended it in 2010, but it expired in 2016. The leading proponent for extending the moratorium was a Democratic assemblyman from So Cal (who specifically highlighted the importance of kangaroo leather in soccer) but the bill died, it seems largely because of opposition to the "gut and amend" procedure he used to introduce the bill. When the moratorium was extended in 2010 there were a fair number of Republicans who voted against the extension (my guess to protect the California cattle industry). It seems there's an odd alignment of interests for and against the ban.

yes because we all know the high demand for roo shoes outside of soccer. also, im sure, all the big soccer shoe manufacturers are buying the california hides in order to replace roo leather demand. if that was their thinking. it would fit in perfectly with the other brain dead people running the stateo_O

The last time I was in Australia, I drove from Sydney to Brisbane on the backroads (roughly bit further than LA to SF distance)

There were signs posted everywhere every few miles, saying if you hit a roo, bring it to a vet and they will take care of them - no questions asked.

I'm surprised that you guys are talking about this. Don't you all just buy $300 synthetic Nike flyknit cleats that rip every 4~5 months and replace. Right?

My daughter wears the top of the line Nike Tiempos which have kangaroo leather. We have a friend who travels to Toronto on a regular basis. He gets her cleats in Toronto since they are about $80 cheaper. We are in Cabo this week and picked her up a new pair for $100 cheaper than we would pay in San Diego. There are ways to get the kangaroo leather cleats, you just have to be inventive and use your resources.

Back