Joe Biden’s First Day Began the End of Girls’ Sports

Like I said, I disagree with the magat meathead reasons.
There ya go...More reason to completely ignore your opinion on anything. Maybe it's time for you to take on the pull up, burpee, or pushup challenge for the next 30 days.

There ya go...More reason to completely ignore your opinion on anything. Maybe it's time for you to take on the pull up, burpee, or pushup challenge for the next 30 days.

So mean. But hey, it looks like you’ve found the one safe space sport for your daughter that prohibits transgender participants. Pretty soon she’ll be asking “Which way to the beach? This way!” Sun’s out, guns out!

There is no remedy to make it a fair contest when one participant has had 20nM/L of testosterone for 17 years and the other participant has had 2 nM/L for the same time. The proposed remedy, a 12 month reduction to 9.9 nM/L, still leaves the boy with five times as much performance enhancing drug as the girl has. And the boy also gets to keep the muscle and bone structure he developed while he had even higher levels.

It just is not a fair contest.

Nor does it become a fair contest if you call me transphobic, magat, or bigot. One contestant had access to a large volume of a performance enhancing drug, and the others did not.
Question? Are the transgender athletes also required to take estrogen for a year or two? Don't know, does anyone. It seems that would help with fat distribution maybe cause the pelvis to widen, especially if administered at age 13, 14 or 15. Maybe help in the development of breast tissue as well, increase water retention all things nature does to a female body to help grow a human being inside the body to preserve the species. Maybe the intake of estrogen would help to level the playing field in addition to decreasing testosterone levels. Why would that also not be a requirement?

Question? Are the transgender athletes also required to take estrogen for a year or two? Don't know, does anyone. It seems that would help with fat distribution maybe cause the pelvis to widen, especially if administered at age 13, 14 or 15. Maybe help in the development of breast tissue as well, increase water retention all things nature does to a female body to help grow a human being inside the body to preserve the species. Maybe the intake of estrogen would help to level the playing field in addition to decreasing testosterone levels. Why would that also not be a requirement?
Doesn’t help with the cellular differences between male and female muscles. Or the height difference. Or the rib cage volume difference. Or the historic muscle mass difference.

Besides, I don’t want to put sports federations in a place to mandate medical treatments. Not really what they are good at.

It is much better to create some good, non-gendered sports opportunities.

Doesn’t help with the cellular differences between male and female muscles. Or the height difference. Or the rib cage volume difference. Or the historic muscle mass difference.

Besides, I don’t want to put sports federations in a place to mandate medical treatments. Not really what they are good at.

It is much better to create some good, non-gendered sports opportunities.

Much better to do what the NCAA, IOC, and many state youth governing bodies do and have done often for a decade or more. Good sports opportunities in other words.

So you haven't had one yet? a girl? again, not talking about college. My DD isn't scared of a thing and up until this year, routinely played against 100% boys teams of her same age as part of their training regimen. That stopped this year. Boys are too big, too strong. They still play boys, but usually an age group or two down. The idea that a bio boy who identifies as a girl without having the requisite controls in place as mandated by the NCAA and the IOC, at age 14-16, should be on the field with girls is silly to most parents of girls. I'm sure (cross my fingers) that you have at least played organized sports at some level as a youth. Size, speed, strength matters. And when the difference is too far apart, can be dangerous.

It's a tough argument to have, especially from a social, cultural perspective. I don't think the idea of hatred goes through any parent's mind. Season ending/career ending injuries come to mind.

It's a tough predicament and the outcomes aren't going to please everyone. I don't have one iota of an argument against transgender athletes that have gone through the required protocols to play the sport they love.

So go ahead and spew your hate. I'm beginning to doubt you ever played sports or have a child that does/did. On those assumptions alone, your opinion is about as relevant as the steam of dog sh!t.

But you are pretty good about arguing nonsense and spreading vitriol.

You don't until your kid loses a team roster spot. May not happen to you but it has happened. Nobody is denying anyones humanity but there is a major difference between boy and girls streghnth

It's certainly not black and white.
It kind of is black and white for me.

Can you imagine giving a girl steroid supplements for 18 years, backing it off slightly for 12 months, and then entering her against people who had none of the drugs?

That is milder than the advantage a boy gets by entering a girls event.

It kind of is black and white for me.

Can you imagine giving a girl steroid supplements for 18 years, backing it off slightly for 12 months, and then entering her against people who had none of the drugs?

That is milder than the advantage a boy gets by entering a girls event.
The on the field stuff is black and white. Culture and society, in my opinion, not so much

Curious as this conversation has been focused on biological male athletes competing with biological female athletes. Is the converse true? Are transgender biological females required to abstain from women’s sports and complete with biological males?

There is a lot of truth to that. I may reconsider the option in order to engage in meaningful discussion.
EOTL's idea of meaningful discussion is you agreeing with with him.

It's funny that he thinks his left wing magatry is somehow less reprehensible. Same mentality to those that somehow think AOC is less reprehensible than MTG.

Curious as this conversation has been focused on biological male athletes competing with biological female athletes. Is the converse true? Are transgender biological females required to abstain from women’s sports and complete with biological males?
Anecdotal, but one of my son's best friends is F to M transgender and he competes in boys sports. Great, well-adjusted kid. In this case, he clearly was born the wrong biological gender.

There is no advantage to them playing boys/mens sports...and the boys/men are not harmed.

The concern as per the thread is when a boy/man decides he wants to play on a girls/womens team. That is where the unfair advantage comes into play. Not the other way around right?

As far as I can tell, it looks like the transgender player my daughter has been playing against has been taking estrogen. She definitely seems to be developing in her chest region, etc. Or she's had implants. Or maybe she's wearing a padded sports bra? I don't know. FWIW, she's in the age range listed above.

That doesn't negate her broad, obviously male shoulders, torso and overall stature. She still stands out physically, though she doesn't dominate (yet) on the field. It will be interesting to see how things play out these next couple years.

That said, the last time I watched her play, I remember thinking how lucky she was to play in such a safe (from my perspective) environment. I imagine that if she were forced to play on a boys' team/in a boys' league, the parents and players may not treat her the same.

I can definitely see different sides to this issue and have mixed feelings myself.

There is no advantage to them playing boys/mens sports...and the boys/men are not harmed.

The concern as per the thread is when a boy/man decides he wants to play on a girls/womens team. That is where the unfair advantage comes into play. Not the other way around right?

Wrong. The concern are knuckle dragging trumpanzees refuse to treat trans girls with dignity and respect, making every step in life much harder for them, and it impossible to play sport safely any other way. The irony with their fake safety argument is that there is much greater injury risk forcing trans girls to play with boys and suffer inevitable abuse because of it.

Back