is the elite academy league a good league?

Our club has MLS Next and the second team plays ELitevAcasemg.

exactly. Our club is MLS and all second teams play EA. I'll add also that the EA team has very strong players that aren't playing MLS by choice due to highschool soccer.

Ea2 now obviously a expansion for this league. Its growing rapidly as I see a new team join every 3-4 days so lets see. National Championships coming up I would love to see the college list!

After now having one kid go through a few years of ECNL and another one currently playing with an EA team, I’d say both leagues are pretty close to each other. I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of these EA teams at the top of or near the top of the ECNL table in a hypothetical crossover.

As a few of you have mentioned, the fact that we have multiple youth sanctioning bodies all claiming their top flight is the de facto 2nd tier isn’t doing anyone favors.

My only complaint with EA as of now, is that their “Showcases” were hardly the sort. Our Spring Showcase only had like 17 college coaches attending, several of which were coaches of teams playing in the tournament and at no point did I see any of those coaches at any other fields besides just one small area that had like 3-4 fields

Back