Is club soccer a waste of time/money for youngers (under 10 yo)?

your kid starts every game in a garbage team like Del Mar sharks
I can say 100% it;s Docs like you that have ruined the sport for little girls. Shame on you coach. Thanks for nothing you guys. My after hour PM box is from assholes like this coach. "Just ignore" him. Ya right, what happens when this is the Doc that will help you find your dd the right path, as long as you pay him to play.

I have been doing this a LONG time, and I have never heard of anyone paying extra to get their kid playing time. Sure the private lesson thing is a little shady with one coach (who I would never allow my daughter to play for), but he is an outlier.
How many clubs have you been at the last 6 years? I know the one your talking about and he needs to go. If you visit other places, you will learn that he is not outlier and is just one of many assholes and liars in the game. Paytoplayisgood is what needs to go from the game. How much have you paid the last 6 years? Be honest with us and I will tell you how much you paid so your dd can play. Telling 8th grade parents that he is the way, the truth and the middleman to college is total BS.

My impression, and I could be wrong because I'm new to this, is that most youth coaches even at the club level make very little money. So that's why there's there are the extra clinics and such.

I'd hate to be on a team where I knew some parents were paying extra to get more play time for their kids though.
Docs make top dollars and the coaches that do all the work make less. So yes, that's why he charges for extra play time. He calls it privates but really it;s extra side hustle. If pay enough, you will get enough play time. Payless, less play time.

I have been doing this a LONG time, and I have never heard of anyone paying extra to get their kid playing time. Sure the private lesson thing is a little shady with one coach (who I would never allow my daughter to play for), but he is an outlier.
I thought your dd played Girls Development Academy? If yes, then that whole league was pay to play for three years. If you pay, you get 25% starts bro. What do you call that? I call pay to start and play. I also know many rich parents that donated to the club=more play time. If you kiss the right ass and do privates with the coach, bonus play. If you dare challenge something that is wrong like pay so your kid plays, you pay with your reputation. Look dude, my dd was paid to play. I also know a father that got a job, free soccer, unlimited starts, and his dd just had to come the games and as many practices as possible. She started every game and got the position he wanted for her. I was there so this is eye witness account. You live in a bubble dad, fyi!!!

In the end you have to blame the parents for feeding the system. My kid plays for a smaller club. He is one of the best players on the team so no fighting for playing time needed. He is having fun playing soccer. The practice is a 5 min drive from the house. Can't complain.

In the end you have to blame the parents for feeding the system. My kid plays for a smaller club. He is one of the best players on the team so no fighting for playing time needed. He is having fun playing soccer. The practice is a 5 min drive from the house. Can't complain.
Blaming the parents is typical and easy to do. Blaming the coach is typical and easy to do as well. Blaming the kid is never good. I say all the adults have to share in the blame game. In my 11 years of experience and a pro at club hopping for the best deal ((jk, they all called me with the offers and I have all the notes)), most clubs have different offers and different ways to play the pay to play in the game. I went to one club and no freebies or kickbacks or privates for play time. My wife made the coach a pie and he refused the pie and hurt my wife's feelings. He told her he can't receive anything that would give out any special favors in the games. This was 7 years ago. He told me pay to play is here and why soccer in the US is a business and not all fun and games for the kids after they turn 13. Parents want access bro and theses Doc know what they want, that why they come on here because they money this way. I think it;s wrong so that's why I came here, plus a few lied about other things as well. It becomes a business if you let it and were the customers who pay. The parents have no seat at the table to make things better by the way and if change were to happen, you need voices from the parents side, not the parent who is kissing ass.

Speaking of best deal... We had a kid trying out with us. The dad told me they have a full ride with a mega club and looking to change clubs for some dumb/ made up reason. The kid is pretty good but my son says he is easy to guard. The family looks pretty well off. I'm wondering where is our full ride? ;)

Speaking of best deal... We had a kid trying out with us. The dad told me they have a full ride with a mega club and looking to change clubs for some dumb/ made up reason. The kid is pretty good but my son says he is easy to guard. The family looks pretty well off. I'm wondering where is our full ride? ;)
Before the Girls development Academy, all the girl clubs charged to be coached. I always paid my fair share and the only one's getting help were kids that needed help. I had a great gig at the time and was in a position to help. I chipped to help a dad once. No big deal. Yes, some coaches always had a free ride to offer for the right player but that was more of outlier. Then the GDA came on the scene. All Clubs were told you better have fields, "A" License coaches, No HSS and your Academy teams need to be fully funded. Fully funded=full ride to play. The top Boys got free and now it was the girls turn. I had a liar who wore a US Soccer shirt, had email and was on their staff and ran the new training centers where they "trained" the girls to be YNT players, if the Doc invited you and you did what the liar asked you to do. Plus he was Doc of the club. He told me that all GDA clubs have to offer fully funded or you will get the boot. Keep in mine the GDA only had age 3 groups and that were all combo. I was getting called by every Doc ((minus Beach and Real and eagles)) for my dd to play up after she grew 5 inches and won the Natty. Her lying Doc sold her ECNL 04, not GDA 03/02. So we left to play up in the GDA for free and look to make the first ever U14 Youth National Team. Then those same clowns realized that all their top 04s will leave to play up with 03/02s. My dd was offered a spot for free with three top GDA clubs to play up. Her Doc lied about who can play up. After we left, I believe this same crew was able to get the GDA to offer 04 band right before they lost all their 04s. I can prove it.

Look what Trinity did with Soccer. I am honored to have watched her play for two years. A true talent. Blues got some love :)

View attachment 13847
How many clubs have you been at the last 6 years? I know the one your talking about and he needs to go. If you visit other places, you will learn that he is not outlier and is just one of many assholes and liars in the game. Paytoplayisgood is what needs to go from the game. How much have you paid the last 6 years? Be honest with us and I will tell you how much you paid so your dd can play. Telling 8th grade parents that he is the way, the truth and the middleman to college is total BS.
Without people like me, you wouldn't have clubs to put your puny daughter in. I am the reason why you are spending so much time on the forum, traveling with your daughter for games, and driving her to practice.

Without people like me, you wouldn't have clubs to put your puny daughter in. I am the reason why you are spending so much time on the forum, traveling with your daughter for games, and driving her to practice.
Hi myself, how are you? Jim has his money on that crush fella talking to himself again. Can you let Jim know the truth?

Back