Introducing TUDELA FC LA

KJR

SILVER ELITE
cid:E38D9E24-7781-417C-811F-861A00069229@socal.rr.com

Hi - My name is Chelsea Braun and I'm with Tudela Futbol Club Los Angeles. TFC LA is a new competitive soccer club with a deep commitment to growing girls’ soccer in the heart of Los Angeles, and we're holding tryouts now.

About us:
Jacob Tudela, Club Director, grew up with the game – his father, founded the very successful Tudela Soccer Academy and the Tudela Futbol Club in Indiana, and Jacob and his older brother, Josh, played at one of the most prestigious soccer program's in the country, Indiana University. Josh went on to play for the LA Galaxy where he played alongside David Beckham. Jacob was offered a developmental contract with LA Galaxy but had to turn it down due to reoccurring knee injuries, and he began coaching. Throughout his career, he has been asked to create his own club. A club that embodies his philosophy, his style of play, and his undeniable ability to inspire his girls to be their best on and off the field. He is very proud to announce that there is now a club that represents what he stands for, Tudela Futbol Club Los Angeles.

A huge part of Jacob Tudela's philosophy is not only developing top tier players and individuals, but also great leaders – and that starts from the top. I joined the TFC family after graduating from UCLA, where I was recruited by now-National Team Coach, Jill Ellis, and was a member of their 2013 National Championship team, winning the first national title for the university. After teaching me his philosophy of coaching, I am now the Youth Academy Director and head coach of Jacob's younger age groups.

We are an all-girls' club with the mission of developing not only great players but great female role models. For example, we have additional UCLA, Stanford, and other Division 1 alumnae who not only played at the highest level at their university but who have National Championship titles under their belt. Joining our great female coaches we have Israel Sesay, the youngest player in LA Galaxy history to appear in a game, at the age of 17 years old. He played alongside the likes of David Beckham and Landon Donovan. These are just a few of the coaches that make up what we believe to be a powerhouse coaching team in club soccer.

We are also pleased to announce that our first club sponsor is Under Armour, who share our commitment to supporting strong, empowered girls. Their generous commitment to Tudela FC LA will help us offer a program that we feel is unrivaled in Los Angeles, and we are honored to represent them.

Apart from the strong infrastructure, the club embraces a style of play that is very different than any other in Los Angeles. A beautiful style that has been turning heads since day one. TFC embraces a fun and competitive atmosphere in every training. It’s not about being the best player, but making sure they are striving to be their best everyday.

The full tryout date/time schedule for every age group is below:

Tryout Information: All tryouts will take place at Helen Bernstein High School (1309 N Wilton Pl, Los Angeles, CA 90028) on the football field.

Girls born in 2009 and 2008
Date: Tuesdays and Thursdays
Time: 5-6:30pm
Girls born in 2007 and 2006
Time: 6:30-8pm
Girls born in 2005
Date: Mondays and Wednesdays
Time: 6:00-8pm
Girls born in 2004 and 2003
Date: Tuesdays

Please feel free to contact me with any questions about the club or tryouts.

Best,

Chelsea Braun
Tudela Futbol Club LA
cbraun@tudelafcla.com

great news and good luck, but you'll be creating a lot of confusion with TFA LA since your names are similar

Reactions: KJR
cid:E38D9E24-7781-417C-811F-861A00069229@socal.rr.com

Hi - My name is Chelsea Braun and I'm with Tudela Futbol Club Los Angeles. TFC LA is a new competitive soccer club with a deep commitment to growing girls’ soccer in the heart of Los Angeles, and we're holding tryouts now.

About us:
Jacob Tudela, Club Director, grew up with the game – his father, founded the very successful Tudela Soccer Academy and the Tudela Futbol Club in Indiana, and Jacob and his older brother, Josh, played at one of the most prestigious soccer program's in the country, Indiana University. Josh went on to play for the LA Galaxy where he played alongside David Beckham. Jacob was offered a developmental contract with LA Galaxy but had to turn it down due to reoccurring knee injuries, and he began coaching. Throughout his career, he has been asked to create his own club. A club that embodies his philosophy, his style of play, and his undeniable ability to inspire his girls to be their best on and off the field. He is very proud to announce that there is now a club that represents what he stands for, Tudela Futbol Club Los Angeles.

A huge part of Jacob Tudela's philosophy is not only developing top tier players and individuals, but also great leaders – and that starts from the top. I joined the TFC family after graduating from UCLA, where I was recruited by now-National Team Coach, Jill Ellis, and was a member of their 2013 National Championship team, winning the first national title for the university. After teaching me his philosophy of coaching, I am now the Youth Academy Director and head coach of Jacob's younger age groups.

We are an all-girls' club with the mission of developing not only great players but great female role models. For example, we have additional UCLA, Stanford, and other Division 1 alumnae who not only played at the highest level at their university but who have National Championship titles under their belt. Joining our great female coaches we have Israel Sesay, the youngest player in LA Galaxy history to appear in a game, at the age of 17 years old. He played alongside the likes of David Beckham and Landon Donovan. These are just a few of the coaches that make up what we believe to be a powerhouse coaching team in club soccer.

We are also pleased to announce that our first club sponsor is Under Armour, who share our commitment to supporting strong, empowered girls. Their generous commitment to Tudela FC LA will help us offer a program that we feel is unrivaled in Los Angeles, and we are honored to represent them.

Apart from the strong infrastructure, the club embraces a style of play that is very different than any other in Los Angeles. A beautiful style that has been turning heads since day one. TFC embraces a fun and competitive atmosphere in every training. It’s not about being the best player, but making sure they are striving to be their best everyday.

The full tryout date/time schedule for every age group is below:

Tryout Information: All tryouts will take place at Helen Bernstein High School (1309 N Wilton Pl, Los Angeles, CA 90028) on the football field.

Girls born in 2009 and 2008
Girls born in 2007 and 2006
Time: 6:30-8pm
Girls born in 2005
Date: Mondays and Wednesdays
Time: 6:00-8pm
Girls born in 2004 and 2003
Date: Tuesdays

Please feel free to contact me with any questions about the club or tryouts.

Best,

Chelsea Braun
Tudela Futbol Club LA
cbraun@tudelafcla.com
i wish you luck. it sounds like it will be good for young girls to play.

great news and good luck, but you'll be creating a lot of confusion with TFA LA since your names are similar

Agreed. I'm personally not a fan of the club being named after the head coach, can be interpreted as egotistical. With that said, I wish your club the best of luck in the competitive environment of socal soccer.

Agreed. I'm personally not a fan of the club being named after the head coach, can be interpreted as egotistical. With that said, I wish your club the best of luck in the competitive environment of socal soccer.
It is crazy to name a club after yourself. That used to happen, in the 1970s, but even the pros don't do it anymore. Brad Friedel came close with BF310, but still didn't go there. With the requirements for clubs to be community driven and non-profits, it doesn't meet the smell taste to claim something as your own by putting your name on it.

It is crazy to name a club after yourself. That used to happen, in the 1970s, but even the pros don't do it anymore. Brad Friedel came close with BF310, but still didn't go there. With the requirements for clubs to be community driven and non-profits, it doesn't meet the smell taste to claim something as your own by putting your name on it.

Totally understand that it's unusual for a coach to name the club after himself; Jacob grew up playing in and coaching for the original Tudela FC -- his dad's academy in Indiana. So it's more about family than vanity. I'm not sure what you mean by "the smell test" re: clubs being "community driven and non-profits." My daughter has played for clubs with nice, generic names and suspiciously opaque finances -- clubs that threatened to cut all their girls' teams when parents asked for a transparent accounting of where and how their money had been spent. Years of that contributed to my getting involved to help Jacob form Tudela FC LA. Would calling it FC Palm Tree or Pacific United prove anything about our commitment to our kids and our community? Of course not, and it's silly to imply it. Watch what we do, on the field and off -- how we take care of our kids, whatever their socio-economic situation; how we work with and give back to our community -- then decide if the name on the badge still bothers you.
Kirk Rudell
President
Tudela FC LA

Totally understand where you're coming from, and I sincerely appreciate the good wishes. There are a lot of great clubs; we just want to be part of the conversation.

I'd like to know the history and plans with G2005 group. I've been around SoCal Soccer long enough to know new clubs aren't just born out of nowhere around here.

Are coaches coming from another club?

Is there a current/partial G05 team coming from another club?

Thanks,

I'd like to know the history and plans with G2005 group. I've been around SoCal Soccer long enough to know new clubs aren't just born out of nowhere around here.

Are coaches coming from another club?

Is there a current/partial G05 team coming from another club?

Thanks,

You're absolutely right -- this club didn't come out of nowhere. The core of the '05 team has been playing under Jacob Tudela for four years -- two years with Downtown SC and two years with LAUFA (because of registration deadlines, they're currently playing National Cup as LA United FA.) During that time Jacob built out teams in other age groups, as well, and about six months ago he realized he wanted his teams to play for a club that would give them the support they deserved, so -- with the support of literally every parent across every team -- he decided to strike out on his own. Chelsea Braun joined him last year, and they've been assembling the rest of their coaching staff over the last couple months. We'll have two teams for G05 -- one will play Tier One, the other Tier Two -- and we have a few spots available for each team. Happy to answer any other questions -- it's genuinely a pleasure to have a club that I can recommend as wholeheartedly as the coach! (And I wish I could just link you to our web site, but we're waiting until after National Cup to do new photos/videos. It'll be up later this month at www.tudelafcla.com)

Totally understand that it's unusual for a coach to name the club after himself; Jacob grew up playing in and coaching for the original Tudela FC -- his dad's academy in Indiana. So it's more about family than vanity. I'm not sure what you mean by "the smell test" re: clubs being "community driven and non-profits."

By the "smell test" I mean that naming it after yourself makes it your business. All clubs go through leadership changes, coach changes. People's lives change, they move, they get hired elsewhere. Putting your name on it says it will be around as long as he is and no longer. It just goes against all the best practices that have been laid out by US Soccer. Coaches shouldn't be owners. It's not the 1970's anymore.

By the "smell test" I mean that naming it after yourself makes it your business. All clubs go through leadership changes, coach changes. People's lives change, they move, they get hired elsewhere. Putting your name on it says it will be around as long as he is and no longer. It just goes against all the best practices that have been laid out by US Soccer. Coaches shouldn't be owners. It's not the 1970's anymore.
I appreciate the very close watch you seem to be keeping on our club over a couple of different birth years on here. Although you don't know how many teams we have or what training programs we offer (and as of last October you were "new to the area," so you're not familiar with our coaches), it's great that you can state definitively that our club "goes against all the best practices that have been laid out by US Soccer." Maybe you want to start another thread elucidating all those best practices, as you understand them, and then I can give you my two cents. Until then, I'll remain happy to answer any questions people have about Tudela FC LA, and (don't take this personally) I'll ignore opinions based on smell tests and unfounded generalizations.

Sorry your favorite coach quit when you were a kid.

Back