International travel

How do you parents of players on U S National teams deal with their kids going to far away and maybe unsafe countries? Do you go with?
I have heard of a MLS player was going to sign with a Turkish team and decided not to due to the recent bombing.

Really? All events are heavily chaperoned. The parents that travel with their kids to international camps or tournaments are beyond overprotective helicopter parents (and I can think of two off hand). I have seen this slow down a players transition to college life. Personally I think that the international travel is good for the girls not only for having them get exposed to a different culture and way of thinking but also because it gets them used to traveling like they do in college.

Really? All events are heavily chaperoned. The parents that travel with their kids to international camps or tournaments are beyond overprotective helicopter parents (and I can think of two off hand). I have seen this slow down a players transition to college life. Personally I think that the international travel is good for the girls not only for having them get exposed to a different culture and way of thinking but also because it gets them used to traveling like they do in college.
I am asking because I don't know, thank you.

Back