I noticed not even a Pandemic could take down Pay to Play...

I told some on here someone(s) is 100% against soccer. I know what's up but I'll keep it to myself. Like i said, boarder check points will soon be put up to check papers and temp and see what your bringing back from AZ besides fruit. This is the future everyone. Ask Grace. Let me say this as I part ways with spies and lies and all that crap. I know now what I didnt know before and it's not good everyone. It's just what were stuck with. I sure want peace to win and I know peace will win, I just dont know when peace will win. The real reason I have to leave is I have no more time to Help with soccer. Both of my in laws have Alzheimer's and they need our help. Another retirement plan lie out the window.
That’s tough news about your in-laws!

I hear Cal South requires now travel papers for going out of state to play a tournament. Is this true?

Rule 2.14 - the oldest rule in the book.

2.14. Permission to Travel (USYSA Rule 401)
Teams wishing to travel out of state or out of the country to play games must request and
obtain permission from Cal South in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Travel
and Tournament Manual.

I couldn't find the "Travel and Tournament Manual".

I told some on here someone(s) is 100% against soccer. I know what's up but I'll keep it to myself. Like i said, boarder check points will soon be put up to check papers and temp and see what your bringing back from AZ besides fruit. This is the future everyone. Ask Grace. Let me say this as I part ways with spies and lies and all that crap. I know now what I didnt know before and it's not good everyone. It's just what were stuck with. I sure want peace to win and I know peace will win, I just dont know when peace will win. The real reason I have to leave is I have no more time to Help with soccer. Both of my in laws have Alzheimer's and they need our help. Another retirement plan lie out the window.
Yea... yea...

Now that Big10, Big12, ACC and SEC are playing ball PAC12 will soon be joining. Can't leave that money on the table. This will all be over soon. When the State University are playing they will release the serfs to play.

"excuse me sir, is that a soccer ball in your trunk?" "you need to turn your vehicle off and place your keys slowly on the cars roof and exit the vehicle"

"excuse me sir, is that a soccer ball in your trunk?" "you need to turn your vehicle off and place your keys slowly on the cars roof and exit the vehicle"
Officer of compliance : "where you been sir?"
Me: ah ah ah at reach 11.....
Officer: Step out of your vehicle
Officer: Headquarters, please send contact tracer and look at his phone and see where he's been hiding.
Me: But I feel find and eat super hea.........
Officer: You have the right........

Me right now: Oh boy, that was just a dream from my noon time nap,

This goes right back to the argument that there are choices for people/kids/families at all levels and you can pay/invest as much as you want for Johnny/Sally depending on what you are looking for. There are options for all levels of play.

I agree with you...the value has to justify the cost and everybody has their own set of circumstances/variables to determine that. If the value is not there for you, don’t do it.

I’d argue sports are a way for athletes in general to get into schools they probably would not get into otherwise. Like many athletes - Football, BBall, Baseball, etc. But isn’t that the the same for kids that have talents in other areas - singing, instruments, robotics, etc. I don’t buy it’s all about privileged kids. On every team we have been on there is a pretty decent mix of family income levels from what I can tell...maybe that’s just been our situation.

On the Women’s side the US is still dominating....going for the three peat in a couple of years. The model in place, while not not perfect and can use some improvement, up to this point has produced a quality National Team product and results. I think every person on the Team/Pool worked their ass off to get there and that it has much more to do with talent, drive, and commitment rather than privilege.

As far as helping others, yes, we could all do more. As far as Stanford goes...she can spell it, and she might have better odds at Lotto.
The benefit/value of club soccer is that it helps privileged kids get into universities they aren’t otherwise qualified for. Most openly admit they have no professional aspirations. Why not just play AYSO and join the local 4H club? Again, no professional aspirations so shouldn’t the focus be on academics? Or are you arguing that privileged kids with no professional aspirations are entitled to go to college and pretend to be professionals while focusing on academics? Please clarify.

I think the US women have done a great job so far because women have more opportunities in our great nation than they do in other countries. We need to make some adjustments however to continue having the same type success in the future. I don’t doubt that the privileged young ladies in the US pool are hard working. I have an extremely hard working privileged kid. But, I don’t think our pool should consist of all privileged kids. Soccer will greatly benefit by being more inclusive.

One more thing, if a kid is on your daughters team asking for assistance that’s not poor/needy enough for me. I’m talking about kids that would have to be reached through an after school program who’s parents are too busy or just don’t care.

The benefit/value of club soccer is that it helps privileged kids get into universities they aren’t otherwise qualified for.

What's to say that they're not qualified? By what standard? I just googled UCLA's admission percentage, which is allegedly 12%. Kids with outstanding resumes and backgrounds get rejected from top-notch universities all the time. How many of the rejected 88% would have done just fine and graduated successfully had they been given the chance?

What's to say that they're not qualified? By what standard? I just googled UCLA's admission percentage, which is allegedly 12%. Kids with outstanding resumes and backgrounds get rejected from top-notch universities all the time. How many of the rejected 88% would have done just fine and graduated successfully had they been given the chance?
They are not qualified because they have to pay money in order to distinguish themselves to be selected for admission. Maybe they can get into Long Beach State if they aren’t in the 12% that get into UCLA. Cream rises...right?

I also think many of the rejected %88 would have done well at UCLA. But hell, it’s UCLA and everybody can’t get in!

The benefit/value of club soccer is that it helps privileged kids get into universities they aren’t otherwise qualified for. Most openly admit they have no professional aspirations. Why not just play AYSO and join the local 4H club? Again, no professional aspirations so shouldn’t the focus be on academics? Or are you arguing that privileged kids with no professional aspirations are entitled to go to college and pretend to be professionals while focusing on academics? Please clarify.

I think the US women have done a great job so far because women have more opportunities in our great nation than they do in other countries. We need to make some adjustments however to continue having the same type success in the future. I don’t doubt that the privileged young ladies in the US pool are hard working. I have an extremely hard working privileged kid. But, I don’t think our pool should consist of all privileged kids. Soccer will greatly benefit by being more inclusive.

One more thing, if a kid is on your daughters team asking for assistance that’s not poor/needy enough for me. I’m talking about kids that would have to be reached through an after school program who’s parents are too busy or just don’t care.

On your first point, isn't that why kids, adults, etc., do extra things to boost their resume, profile, highlight the extras, try to sell you on their value? Applying for acceptance to a University is selling...selling yourself that you have value, belong, and can be additive to the student base. Additionally, if I am a motivated, have talent, and want to compete at a high level I may want more than what AYSO has to offer. Why remove or limit that option? Club Soccer in its current form evidently is not for you, which is cool and nobody has a problem with it.

I don't get the entitlement you mention....Everybody has an equal opportunity to apply to any college/university/job. Nobody has an entitlement to go to any university. Unfortunately everybody's circumstances are different and are not equal...they are not the same and never will be...some people hit the genetic lottery, some come from families with more money, less money, abusive parents, alcoholics, some are smart, thin, skinny, fat, athletic, some not so smart, some driven, some lazy....there is never going to be a truly level playing field and life is not lived on a curve. Just look at sports...some teams are better than others, more talent, better coaches, club/team has more money...should we start spotting weaker teams points?

Rule 2.14 - the oldest rule in the book.

2.14. Permission to Travel (USYSA Rule 401)
Teams wishing to travel out of state or out of the country to play games must request and
obtain permission from Cal South in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Travel
and Tournament Manual.

I couldn't find the "Travel and Tournament Manual".
Does that apply to the letter leagues?

I know that the AZ association has the same thing, but only if you are registered with them. You only need to be registered with them if you play in their league. I know clubs/teams in AZ who are registered (maybe direct with US Soccer) but not with ASA, so all the ASA guidelines etc. never applied to them. As the players have reg cards, they can play in any tournaments they want. Those teams have practiced away (incl. mini scrimmages) through this whole thing (with sensible precautions I'll add), and not a single case of COVID.

I know that the AZ association has the same thing, but only if you are registered with them. You only need to be registered with them if you play in their league. I know clubs/teams in AZ who are registered (maybe direct with US Soccer) but not with ASA, so all the ASA guidelines etc. never applied to them. As the players have reg cards, they can play in any tournaments they want. Those teams have practiced away (incl. mini scrimmages) through this whole thing (with sensible precautions I'll add), and not a single case of COVID.

I think that written between the lines is that Cal South's insurance won't apply out of "state" (which also includes northern California) unless you get travel papers.

If your kid is half as talented as you say, you know why she shouldn't play AYSO.

Because she's score 5 goals in 4 minutes and ruin someone else's game.
My bad. I have limited experience with AYSO. But the 2007 AYSO team that I was familiar with seemed equally matched with the Blues 2007 team at Man City Cup.

I think that written between the lines is that Cal South's insurance won't apply out of "state" (which also includes northern California) unless you get travel papers.
OK, but if you are not registered with them, the insurance wouldn't count anyway surely.

IDK if the letter teams register with Cal South though. Either way, there's plenty of teams travelling, so they are either getting the approval or ignoring the requirement or don't need it.

On your first point, isn't that why kids, adults, etc., do extra things to boost their resume, profile, highlight the extras, try to sell you on their value? Applying for acceptance to a University is selling...selling yourself that you have value, belong, and can be additive to the student base. Additionally, if I am a motivated, have talent, and want to compete at a high level I may want more than what AYSO has to offer. Why remove or limit that option? Club Soccer in its current form evidently is not for you, which is cool and nobody has a problem with it.

I don't get the entitlement you mention....Everybody has an equal opportunity to apply to any college/university/job. Nobody has an entitlement to go to any university. Unfortunately everybody's circumstances are different and are not equal...they are not the same and never will be...some people hit the genetic lottery, some come from families with more money, less money, abusive parents, alcoholics, some are smart, thin, skinny, fat, athletic, some not so smart, some driven, some lazy....there is never going to be a truly level playing field and life is not lived on a curve. Just look at sports...some teams are better than others, more talent, better coaches, club/team has more money...should we start spotting weaker teams points?
I agree that applying to University should be about selling yourself and not buying your way in. Remember, women’s soccer doesn’t pay well and the ladies can make much more with a degree...right? Well damit focus on getting a degree or 2. Play rec ball and varsity sports.

Why is spending a substantial amount of time and money focusing on soccer for a kid that has no professional aspirations a good idea? Wouldn’t the time and money be better spent on where their talents lie?

My bad. I have limited experience with AYSO. But the 2007 AYSO team that I was familiar with seemed equally matched with the Blues 2007 team at Man City Cup.
Got it. AYSO mostly runs rec leagues, so I thought you meant recreational AYSO.

They also have different levels of club-ish teams with tryouts. Whether those are available varies by region.

What were you doing at Man City Cup? I thought you swore to never do club?

If the team s going to an out-of-state tournament, and using Cal South player cards, don't they need travel papers to be in compliance?

If the team s going to an out-of-state tournament, and using Cal South player cards, don't they need travel papers to be in compliance?
Sure, I expect they do, if they are playing in a tournament, but probably not for a scrimmage. My question was, do the letter leagues register their players with Cal South, if not, then I guess they wouldn't need them. Even if they dual register, they can enter tournaments under the US Club soccer cards (say), and get around it.

Got it. AYSO mostly runs rec leagues, so I thought you meant recreational AYSO.

They also have different levels of club-ish teams with tryouts. Whether those are available varies by region.

What were you doing at Man City Cup? I thought you swore to never do club?
My kid played pick up at Futbol Factory in Chula Vista before they converted to DV7. Coach Chikis ask her to join his team and invited her to the Man City Cup. My kid didn’t play because I hate the politics of breaking into a group of club parents. 1/2 feel threatened. While the other half are telling you how so and so sucks and needs to go.

I’m not interested in club but I would be interested in a Norcal GOAT team.

Back